• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Credit to Bayern Munich, a proper club who want nothing to do with Derp If only it was like Germany here, where the fans have power.

''Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "FC Bayern has not been involved in the plans for creating a Super League. We are convinced that the current structure in football guarantees a reliable foundation. FC Bayern welcomes the reforms of the Champions League because we believe they are the right step to take for the development of European football. The modified group stage will contribute to an increase in excitement and the emotional experience in the competition."

Translation,
We are fine, can never be relegated, always have CL and can take the pick of tge best players in our league, usually for buttons.
So we don't really need to get involved in this and, for once, can take the moral high ground.

Meeting held -> PL release statement as all 14 clubs reject Super League plans | OneFootball

Toothless statement

“The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition.

“The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

“The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, Government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

Meeting held -> PL release statement as all 14 clubs reject Super League plans | OneFootball

Toothless statement

“The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition.

“The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

“The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, Government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

Since when is the Government a key stakeholder in the PL?

The Premier League TV rights for 2022 to 2025 will go under the hammer in the next few months.
There is no way the big 6 will be kicked out before that.
They would be lucky to get one fifth of the current deal with the big team everyone pays to watch.

The EFL would be happy to let the big 6 rejoin and ruin the Premier League for good.

Toothless statement

A competition they aren't in and have no control over.
Two days later and they're "considering".
When did fans groups ever get first mention in a PL statement.

The more I think of it the more I think the only way for it to work is for there to be A & B teams of sorts for those in the SL - otherwise domestic football becomes a procession of totally meaningless games unless you're in the title race.

PL & Uefa could put in a salary cap rule that applies to their competitions that would reduce the advantage that the SL money brings in, so the big 6 clubs would have to register squads for the domestic and European comps that factored that in, cant register all their star players as that would take them over the limit so need to find a balance, might even help with bringing through youngsters

The more I think of it the more I think the only way for it to work is for there to be A & B teams of sorts for those in the SL - otherwise domestic football becomes a procession of totally meaningless games unless you're in the title race.

PL & Uefa could put in a salary cap rule that applies to their competitions that would reduce the advantage that the SL money brings in, so the big 6 clubs would have to register squads for the domestic and European comps that factored that in, cant register all their star players as that would take them over the limit so need to find a balance, might even help with bringing through youngsters

Not sure why need for B teams?

The top 6 already compete in 4 comps, this cuts it to two while having even more money?

Not sure why need for B teams?

The top 6 already compete in 4 comps, this cuts it to two while having even more money?

The idea being that they remain in the current system with a 'reduced capacity team' to continue to compete in 'legacy football' but also have a 'full capacity team' that they can play Franchise Ball with.

The idea of playing in 2 comps only, both league formats, one of which is essentially a bunch of meaningless games against far weaker opposition and the other a closed shop against the same teams year after year for eternity sounds absolutely horrific as a match going supporter. I got bored of the sight of Dortmund that little period we played them 3 times in a few season - actively choosing/wanting to see more of that is madness from a supporters perspective afaic

The idea being that they remain in the current system with a 'reduced capacity team' to continue to compete in 'legacy football' but also have a 'full capacity team's that they can play Franchise Ball with.

The idea of playing in 2 comps only, both league formats, one of which is essentially a bunch of meaningless games against far weaker opposition and the other a closed shop against the same teams year after for eternity sounds absolutely horrific as a match going supporter

anything is better than the domestic cups

if the FA want to ban us from those as a punishment that would be bril... er... horrible, we'd hate that, please don't take those stupid... shiny... I mean shiny things away from us

Toothless statement

Hmmm - very much 'prevention', which isnt the based way to deal with conflict i.e. we dont like it so we want to stop you doing it

Bet if they were to survey the season ticker holders 90%+ would be against Derp This is not about the real match going fans at all.

Well Stop! Hammer time i guess but i know quite a lot of S/T holders and to a man they are all against the idea and not sure if they will continue with their support. All those fans who think its a great idea and good for the game i wonder what they would say IF we had not been one of the 6 teams included in it? i would imagine it would be a different opinion then the one they seem to be saying "i/we are all right Jack, fudge everyone else".

Back