• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Quite a position to be put in really.

Several of those players are older than him, probably several were players he would have looked up to when he was a player here himself, possibly some are his friends.

With no experience, coming in to manage players with these previous and ongoing relationships. Pick his friends others might think he's favouring them because of that friendship. Leave his friends out he might actually hurt his relationship with that friend.

That being said I'm happy it's him. The injury, the career ending, it was all very sad. I rather liked him as a player, he had something about him, and he was an academy lad. To see him back in this role, even just temporarily fills me with a mix of happiness and nostalgia. For him, for us.

Obviously I hope he succeeds, I always do with our managers. But there's something a bit different with Mason than with others. In part of my mind he's still that academy lad that stepped up against the odds. The lad that created what could have been a good career as a player, even if not with us, and had it taken away from him. So much has changed since then, in life, with Spurs, I'm sure he's changed and grown too even though I don't know him. It's beautiful, it's sad, it's lovely.

Best of luck Ryan Mason, I fear you might need more of it than you got during your all too short playing career.
Nice post I was having similar thoughts yesterday, especially after reading this:
https://www.coachesvoice.com/ryan-mason-tottenham/

And just like that I care about Tottenham results again.

100000000000000000000000000000000000%.

Completely how I felt thinking that we have a game on Wednesday. Actually looking forward to it and hoping we win again. No conflicting emotions. 6 league wins from 6 and Mason will be a hero

One cup match win will do

It would be nice to finish the season with some pride - get into the top 6. 4 of the next 5 are at home and include games against SOuthampton, Sheff Utd, Wolves....if we play well we can have a strong finish. Would be nice to get back into the EL next season

It would be nice to finish the season with some pride - get into the top 6. 4 of the next 5 are at home and include games against SOuthampton, Sheff Utd, Wolves....if we play well we can have a strong finish. Would be nice to get back into the EL next season
What EL?

There's a 50/50 chance (say) that the ESL doesnt happen
- In the 50% chance that it doesnt happen, we want to be in Europe and keeping our profile high
- In the 50% chance that it does happen, it might take a year or two to get going, so better being in the EL next year

There's a 50/50 chance (say) that the ESL doesnt happen
- In the 50% chance that it doesnt happen, we want to be in Europe and keeping our profile high
- In the 50% chance that it does happen, it might take a year or two to get going, so better being in the EL next year
4th or tank for 8th is my preference.

Interim coach for the rest of the season.
Coaching update
Tue 20 April 2021, 10:06|Tottenham Hotspur

Following the departure of Jose Mourinho, we can now confirm that Ryan Mason will take charge as Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the season.

Ryan will be joined by Chris Powell and Nigel Gibbs as Interim Assistant Head Coaches and Michel Vorm as Interim Goalkeeping Coach. Ledley King will continue in his role as First Team Assistant.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “We have great belief in this squad of talented players. We have a cup final and six Premier League games ahead of us and we shall now focus all our energies on achieving a strong finish to the

hmm, so someone available now has said no already, or someone not available yet has said yes

or neither of those things have happened

follow my posts for more razor sharp insight

The two favourites, per the bookies, have jobs and some important games for their teams for the remainder of the season, so its not a huge surprise to me at all

To me what this says is that the preferred target DOES have a job today - otherwise you'd get the guy in now

So that rules out Allegri, Benitez, Howe etc as the preferred choice and further supports Nagelsmann or Rodgers (or Potter) as favourite

My heart says yes for Mason, I'm delighted for him and want him to succeed. My head says this makes us look like amateurs and how much authority will he really have?

This also says that things must have been bloody toxic for Levy to fire his trophy winning man crush for a 29 year old rookie.

My heart says yes for Mason, I'm delighted for him and want him to succeed. My head says this makes us look like amateurs and how much authority will he really have?

This also says that things must have been bloody toxic for Levy to fire his trophy winning man crush for a 29 year old rookie.

Mason is a smart choice for many reasons which have nothing to do with his suitability for the role.

He may have skills there which he will show in time.

Agreed. Mason always came across as a nice guy. Not the most vocal though so hopefully he's developed in getting his ideas across. Main thing for a month stint like this though is motivation and making players happy - thats enough for a short-term bounce

I see it as Levy almost putting the players in charge of themselves, with the coaches in place to organise training etc.

It kind of makes sense as an experiment. A lot of our team seem to have high opinions of their own ability — so let’s see with you can do with a friend in charge.

It's no different to what Chelsea did with Di Matteo, or United with Solskjaer.

There was a cancer in the club that had to be cut out. Never in a million years would we have competed against City with the status quo. We've rolled the dice and now have an (outside) fighting chance.

Look at what happened to Chelsea and United after Mourinho left. Freed from the oppression and negativity, they went on immediate assents.

We'd lost everything before. Now we have everything to gain.

Agreed. Mason always came across as a nice guy. Not the most vocal though so hopefully he's developed in getting his ideas across. Main thing for a month stint like this though is motivation and making players happy - thats enough for a short-term bounce

He's a tough cookie. Most accounts seem to say that he led the dressing room rebellion for Poch/against Kaboul and co., with Kane his second. And that was as a 22 or 23 year old who had only just come into the senior squad a few months before.

Leadership is a quality not an experience. Effective leadership is also never loud.

It's no different to what Chelsea did with Di Matteo, or United with Solskjaer.

There was a cancer in the club that had to be cut out. Never in a million years would we have competed against City with the status quo. We've rolled the dice and now have an (outside) fighting chance.

Look at what happened to Chelsea and United after Mourinho left. Freed from the oppression and negativity, they went on immediate assents.

We'd lost everything before. Now we have everything to gain.
Di Matteo and Solskjær had managerial experience, so there is some difference.

I think it's a decent move and evaluation of the situation, we'll set how it lands.

Back