• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Why do you think he would be a good fit, and what could we expect tactics wise?

He's both a man-manager and tactician. He plays short-passing possession based football, with a 3-5-2 and his legendary 'overlapping CBs'.

He's not really our calibre. But if he had a more exotic background, ability wise he's easily comparable to Nuno Espirito Santo.

getting our cb's as far away from our goal as possible could be a good thing

if Toby goes up first that's him out of our half for the rest of the game

s she
I was kind've assuming that any new manager won't be in charge until after Weds. Clubs love to do the 'Manager x will be watching form the stands before taking over etc'

that's usually when a manager comes in though, internal shifts usually take ownership from day 1

Jumping the gun a bit GB - he's only down as taking charge of training today in the club statement
That was my thinking too. Last time around it all happened rather quickly.

That being said would like to see Mason manage at least a game just for the feeling of it.

And just like that I care about Tottenham results again.

These are the current players he is now managing that he shared a dressing room with as a player:
Lloris, Rose Davies, Alderweireld, Dier, Winks, Dele Alli, Lamela, Bale, Son and Kane

I wonder how many of that lot will start.
I'd love to see Dele and Bale unleashed.

One thing he wont do is three at the back. He was complaining about Southgate doing that on twitter recently.

These are the current players he is now managing that he shared a dressing room with as a player:
Lloris, Rose Davies, Alderweireld, Dier, Winks, Dele Alli, Lamela, Bale, Son and Kane

One thing he wont do is three at the back. He was complaining about Southgate doing that on twitter recently.

I had to google her

Quite a position to be put in really.

Several of those players are older than him, probably several were players he would have looked up to when he was a player here himself, possibly some are his friends.

With no experience, coming in to manage players with these previous and ongoing relationships. Pick his friends others might think he's favouring them because of that friendship. Leave his friends out he might actually hurt his relationship with that friend.

That being said I'm happy it's him. The injury, the career ending, it was all very sad. I rather liked him as a player, he had something about him, and he was an academy lad. To see him back in this role, even just temporarily fills me with a mix of happiness and nostalgia. For him, for us.

Obviously I hope he succeeds, I always do with our managers. But there's something a bit different with Mason than with others. In part of my mind he's still that academy lad that stepped up against the odds. The lad that created what could have been a good career as a player, even if not with us, and had it taken away from him. So much has changed since then, in life, with Spurs, I'm sure he's changed and grown too even though I don't know him. It's beautiful, it's sad, it's lovely.

Best of luck Ryan Mason, I fear you might need more of it than you got during your all too short playing career.

Back