• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

On this point, they say that there will be substantially greater solidarity payments to clubs non in the ESL so that they dont lose out. Devil is in the detail....
Solidarity payments are meant for youth development and community schemes, not spaffing on a not-good-enough-for-TSL striker to fire you to a respectable, rather than distant, seventh place finish.

Even if they were, they're talking about 10B Euro over the course of the initial agreement, which is 23 years. About 400M per year, across all associations. Barely buy you a low rent Sissoko.

Gary Scargill & Spit the Dog whipping things up on Sky tonight
Sky acting like they are all about the fans is just so hypocritical, it's making me chuckle

They are all about the fans of Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Woolwich, its breaking their heart City are so far ahead of them. Much as I believe Sky have a bias against us their indifference to Citys achievements is terrible.

There was a sound bite from a City fan on the news earlier. His righteous indignation was hilarious.

Love the UEFA statement condeming the persistent self-interest of a few that has been going on too long. This from the group who gave us the 100 club "Champions (and other runners) League" and the never ending Europa League purely to help the game. Now the government want a fan led movement to help solve the "problem" looking forward to when they want the great unwashed to sort out tax "avoidance" by their mates, Daves dodgy deals and the Grenfell backhanders.

Last edited:
Gary Scargill & Spit the Dog whipping things up on Sky tonight
Sky acting like they are all about the fans is just so hypocritical, it's making me chuckle

Neville is annoyed because he spent millions and years taking his vanity project and nothing club Salford into the Football League at the expense of a real club with real fans. He is doing it in partnership with a billionaire who has ruined Valencia.

The one thing a closed shop like this can really do is reduce wages, transfer fees and completely remove agent fees.
All of those things are stopping clubs making a profit.

The one thing a closed shop like this can really do is reduce wages, transfer fees and completely remove agent fees.

the players will always have ultimate power, they can threaten to go back to UEFA clubs

if this thing happens there will be an element of deregulation in the legacy game and sooner or later someone will try and bankroll something

All of those seem hugely unlikely. An influx of cash is more likely to lead to the reverse. It’s not really a closed shop in that regard, not like MLS.

Have spent most of the day thinking about this and being happy about Mourinho's departure, I still think I'm in a place where, whilst it leaves a bit of bad taste in the mouth, I still want us to be in the ESL given the consequences for Spurs if we're not (partly because of our debt, and partly because of the lower profile of the PL).

I dont see things staying as they are. UEFA have been negligent for so long that clubs have taken things into their own hands. Hopefully there can be some way that the ESL and current set-up can mesh together.

FIFA not really being bothered about this (expressing disappointment) makes things easier for the clubs

Back