• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Maybe Chelsea could get something relating to gas. It's one of their favorite chants after all.

source.gif

There is this thing about the 14 clubs can pass a motion in the Prem, which I think was supposed to insulate against a super league. So I guess if this does cause an issue we just invite the next ranked team who will side with the founders, which will provide some amusing turnarounds given the examples I’ve seen shared by self righteous fans of clubs not playing involved protesting today!

Would be prudent to have that in the back pocket.

I guess there will be little to stop other real competitions being broadcast for free at the times these new fixtures are performed.

Yes the new set-up works for us because we are in it, but I can't see right now how it's good for the clubs left behind.

On this point, they say that there will be substantially greater solidarity payments to clubs non in the ESL so that they dont lose out. Devil is in the detail....

The fact that Carragher and Neville who played for the two biggest sides in the country are so against it sais it all. They are probably the only two sides who really merit being in any kind of closed Super League yet they are against it.

Gary Scargill & Spit the Dog whipping things up on Sky tonight
Sky acting like they are all about the fans is just so hypocritical, it's making me chuckle

Would be interesting to see if, in a couple weeks, sky are bidding for TV rights for the ESL and then whether their attitude changes!

Chris Sutton: “How are Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project fans going to be able to afford to go on these trips?”

I know Manchester is a bit pikey in places, but that seems a tad offensive.

Would be interesting to see if, in a couple weeks, sky are bidding for TV rights for the ESL and then whether their attitude changes!

Pretty sure it will be streamed worldwide directly by the Super League themselves. No cut for broadcasters.

Pretty sure it will be streamed worldwide directly by the Super League themselves. No cut for broadcasters.

fair point. Key to seeing how serious the 12 clubs are is the momentum from here. Things like announcement of dates, streaming/broadcasting, etc etc

If there's nothing other said in the next couple weeks, then this will smell of a negotiation tactic vs UEFA.

I cant see how next season's EL and CL, or even PL, happen with this hanging over it, in which case they should be looking to launch in August

Back