• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

I’m not interested. I’ll never pay for an ESL game, watch an ESL game or talk about an ESL game.

If that is all Spurs are involved in that is me out.

To be honest i feel the same way, over the last 12 hours or so i have spoken to a lot of guy who are S/T holders and have been for many years and they all said its the final straw if it goes through. Who once said they used to be a game over there.:(

12 teams - named
3 teams who aren't being named yet
5 qualifiers each year

2 divisions of 10 teams; top 4 in each make the QFs

Has it been propsed how the 5 would teams would qualify?if the founder members are guaranteed no relegation how do 5 teams qualify each year do they qualify, have a year in it then get replaced the following season?

Has it been propsed how the 5 would teams would qualify?if the founder members are guaranteed no relegation how do 5 teams qualify each year do they qualify, have a year in it then get replaced the following season?

I should imagine it will be like the Darts PL, the extra spots will be based on recent performance or whoever is shiny and exciting at the time.

Would be great if it was reigning rotw continental champions.

Not seen it - maybe something like Europa winners and winners of the main leagues?

I would imagine Joe Lewis has a USA or Middle Eastern consortium lined-up for a possible 50% stake - I'm guessing they'd love this system. Sadly, it'll kill the actual nature of the game. I really hope it doesn't happen.

12 teams - named
3 teams who aren't being named yet
5 qualifiers each year

2 divisions of 10 teams; top 4 in each make the QFs

2 conferences of 10 teams; top 4 in each make the playoffs, all culminating in the Soccerbowl.

Looks pretty rushed and amateur for the elite of the elite. There must be some desperate clubs out there. These massive clubs like United, RM must be rolly fudged, us too. Losing 4-5m a game in our case is a huge percentage of our turnover. Anyone know approximately what percentage of turnover we've lost? 40 to 60%? That is seismic for any company. And the larger you are, the harder you fall.

Back