• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Interesting that Ryan has been preferred to King. Yeah he's one of our own and a thoroughly decent bloke, but ... hasn't exactly covered himself in glory with the youth teams, has he.

Outgoing personality, has some sympathy from general public, some media profile already.

This isn't a long term appointment, this is get someone in who is separate from the negativity, and who can bring a smile to the place until the permanent transfer.

Ledley's the first team defensive coach, isn't he? If so, hasn't exactly covered himself in glory, either.

Plus perhaps it's about badges.
It keeps getting stated that he is/was our defensive coach. He is not the defensive coach. He was brought in to learn about all areas and doesn't have a particular area like the other coaches.

Outgoing personality, has some sympathy from general public, some media profile already.

This isn't a long term appointment, this is get someone in who is separate from the negativity, and who can bring a smile to the place until the permanent transfer.
Main objective is to win games. So the big question is, can he do that. Not the same I know, but he hasn't managed too well with the young'uns.

as i said before with United, a totally average manager like Ole looks world beating following the toxicity of Jose. Anyone would make us look a lot better.

I hope Levy has a clear plan for who is next and sticks to it, Mason having a purple patch and getting the job full-time might not be the best thing long term.

I'm quite excited about this. A 29 year old manager! Not quite our youngest ever (John Cameron was 27), but hopefully good preparation for an incoming 33 year old one.

It'll be interesting dynamics. He's obviously Kane's best mate, which will help in the dressing room. But then Lloris say was already an experienced first teamer when Mason broke through from the academy.

I hope King and Powell feature quite prominently by his side to help with the authority thing.

I'm quite excited about Derp A 29 year old manager! Not quite our youngest ever (John Cameron was 27), but hopefully good preparation for an incoming 33 year old one.

It'll be interesting dynamics. He's obviously Kane's best mate, which will help in the dressing room. But then Lloris say was already an experienced first teamer when Mason broke through from the academy.

I hope King and Powell feature quite prominently by his side to help with the authority thing.

Jumping the gun a bit GB - he's only down as taking charge of training today in the club statement

Jumping the gun a bit GB - he's only down as taking charge of training today in the club statement

Hopefully it's just paperwork to tidy up this afternoon. I'd rather this to bring the fans back on side, than a more experienced potential caretaker who will bring politics and expectations (Benitez etc.).

Hopefully it's just paperwork to tidy up this afternoon. I'd rather this to bring the fans back on side, than a more experienced potential caretaker who will bring politics and expectations (Benitez etc.).

if it's Benitez will you leave again?

;)

What's your opinion on Wilder, seeing as you've been watching him for the past 16 months?

Back