• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Interesting that you call Levy a genuine business man but call the Glaziers cowboys. On what do you base that opinion?
They have fudged their property business
I mean they have lost loads of money outside of united and their sporting ventures
There was a great documentary on them about 3 years ago on BBC2
They had tonnes of empty retail space but had full stadiums

Since all the clubs have resigned from current European obligations today, it's next season, best guess is actually an August start.

I guess you're probably right regarding August. Otherwise the 12 teams presumably will be barred from the CL and EL.

Do Man U and Arsenal get kicked out of this seasons EL? Are PSG awarded the CL with the other 3 teams booted out? I cant envisage a UEFA representative handing a trophy to the captain of a team which isn't part of its ECA grouping!

Since all the clubs have resigned from current European obligations today, it's next season, best guess is actually an August start.

Have they? I saw the ECA (or whatever it is) clubs resigned before their meeting. The only things on timing I have seen were as soon as possible and from 2021-22 unless forced to be earlier.

feels like it would be a massive undertaking to get it up and running for August, but they didn't start today I guess

feels like it would be a massive undertaking to get it up and running for August, but they didn't start today I guess

Which part? TV rights can be orgnaised quickly, matches scheduled,...I think it can be done if they want to. And if the 12 clubs are barred from CL and EL next season, they have every incentive to rush it through

Honestly, the Champions League isn't that important to me - but if we lose the Premier League ... fudge me, then what do we do.

We’ve started a new franchise, a different sport. We won’t be playing any of the other clubs again at any level.

That’s my view in how the associations will play it with full support of everyone outside those 12 clubs.

Can you now see the death spiral those 12 clubs may have entered ? And so be it.

- They didn't start today
- They don't need any facilities outside of the clubs own infrastructure
- They have probably sold the tv rights already

And UEFA and CL have probably fudged themselves with the fact that most clubs don't even know if they are in either comp until the end of season (or last few games), here you know from always.

The day the chickens came home to roast for all the doped clubs in all European football leagues.

This is so funny. Watching the likes of Carragher and Neville giving birth on-air while hours earlier asking for their old clubs to spend £200m to get the likes of Erling Haaland.:D

Which part? TV rights can be orgnaised quickly, matches scheduled,...I think it can be done if they want to. And if the 12 clubs are barred from CL and EL next season, they have every incentive to rush it through

logistics, branding, laws, officials

logistics, branding, laws, officials

I think all those are easily done:
- logistics: stadia exist, just need a match scheduled
- branding: I'm sure its already advanced
- laws: again, outlined already and could be nailed within weeks
- officials: agreed, they need to be hired, but I dont see that as an obstacle

Wasn't there discussion of top clubs not selling to each other? Could this be part of the superleague? Perhaps we can designate Kane as the franchise player.

Wasn't there discussion of top clubs not selling to each other? Could this be part of the superleague? Perhaps we can designate Kane as the franchise player.

that's illegal, Apple and Google got hammered for trying something similar

I think all those are easily done:
- logistics: stadia exist, just need a match scheduled
- branding: I'm sure its already advanced
- laws: again, outlined already and could be nailed within weeks
- officials: agreed, they need to be hired, but I dont see that as an obstacle

IFAB is controlled by FIFA

Back