• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

a lot of clubs would be financially more secure if they were part time in a different structure

so many of them treading water, harder and harder as time goes on to get new fans and investment

Get rid of the stupid no 3G pitches rule, that earns clubs a lot of money and savings on pitch costs.

I’m torn on the part time thing, you could lower the cost of match tickets that way - but you run the risk of it becoming completely one sided to richer clubs

In some ways it would allow more/different away fans to attend games. It's impossible to get tickets for games for newish fans that don't have lots of loyalty points and you can't earn the loyalty points as you always miss out in the ballot for games.

Good chance to go see Madrid/Milan etc at Chelsea as they never sell out mid week games anyway

Pardon my ignorance, but how is it all linked?

Just look at the football pyramid it’s all set out , the league system in the country is all linked under the FA and Regional FA’s
92 league clubs
Then into the Steps of Non league and beyond promotion and relegation all the way down to the amateurs on a Saturday and kids on a Sunday playing grass roots to development football and academy. It all lives and breaths together.

Get rid of the stupid no 3G pitches rule, that earns clubs a lot of money and savings on pitch costs.

I’m torn on the part time thing, you could lower the cost of match tickets that way - but you run the risk of it becoming completely one sided to richer clubs

When I do go to those games I'm always amazed at how expensive the tickets are.

Surely it’s doomed to fail then

if the clubs already want different things

There is no disagreement, it's simple

- Owners/investors of the clubs who spend the most money (who's brand recognition makes these competitions what they are), want some protection from a bad year or two (self inflicted or not like Covid), and want a little more say in managing their schedule (how often has FA/UEFA fudged us on scheduling, my earlier example of flimflam small clubs blocking 5 sub rule in PL)
- Non English clubs are freaking out about the rise of a tier beyond the top 6 (e.g. a Leicester/Everton) due to domestic league gaps in revenue of PL vs the rest
- They want help with large scale infrastructure investments (stadiums example, the FA did fudge all for us, again despite them being a benefiting party)

these conversations have been done to death and like plenty of people on this thread, the FA and UEFA have taken the fudge them stance, they were warned.

There is zero chance a Superleague where every week the top 15 clubs that everyone in the world knows play each other doesn't generate tons of revenue. I wouldn't doubt if the 3.5B put up will be covered immediately with tv rights. This model has been done in US already, it works.

For those going on about local fans, the clubs have just played for a year without any fans, so the atmosphere will change but the money will go up and the seats will be full.

Really don't care that it may make us more successful, any success would feel as false as City's. I care far more about being champions of this country btw, and if we were allowed to stay in the PL would we even take it seriously anymore or would it become s distraction like the Domestic Cups are seen as?
I hate the idea of the new ESL.... but I disagree with that. Other than the freak year when Leicester won the PL, the last 20+ titles have been won by teams lucky enough to be in the CL at it's inception. Are those last 20 titles also false? (other than City's).

I hate the idea of the new ESL.... but I disagree with that. Other than the freak year when Leicester won the PL, the last 20+ titles have been won by teams lucky enough to be in the CL at it's inception. Are those last 20 titles also false? (other than City's).

The only other i can think of would have been Blackburn in 94/95(?)

Fair enough. I don't think Spurs survives in that case. We'll be at the mercy of ESL teams signing our best players for low value, our commercial appeal would fall and our TV money would fall...all at a time when we have piles of debt. I actually think the club might go under

We might have survived, but lets be clear

- Whatever shot Leicester, Everton, West Ham, etc. had at upsetting the top 6 is all gone now, fudged
- Will Everton really invest in a new stadium now knowing what the competition will look like going forward?

If this plays out like the PL/CL rebrand did, the initial sums of money (which is enough for the 15 biggest clubs in the world to say fudge you to everyone) will probably double/triple in next 5-10 years.

I don't get how people don't see this, the disaster would have been missing out ..

Horrible idea, we aren't going to enjoy being beaten soundly every week by Europe's greatest. Being left behind is also terrible though, which is why the whole thing is such brick.

Back