• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Everton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m still not convinced that Levy is sacking Mourinho before next season. If he does, though, Potter isn’t going to help keep Kane and Son - and that will be more a more important consideration for the chairman than anything else imo.
He wont sack him until the season is finished IMO
So who would you get as a manager to please Kane and son?
id sell son Persinally with his contract situation and his age ...

He wont sack him until the season is finished IMO
So who would you get as a manager to please Kane and son?
id sell son Persinally with his contract situation and his age ...

I’ve got no idea who we get in, and it makes little difference imo. Until half this squad is gone, and some proper investment takes place, we’ll continue to struggle.

I’m still not convinced that Levy is sacking Mourinho before next season. If he does, though, Potter isn’t going to help keep Kane and Son - and that will be more a more important consideration for the chairman than anything else imo.

I don't think there's a manager out there, barring the unappointable, that would change their minds on wanting to leave if that was their decision.

However any manager who comes in and does a good job next season/shows on the training field day to day they are good at their job then there's every chance that they will stick around

Why?
He was a fan...
What’s to say he is now?
The points you are putting forward in favour of Potter, with respect, I can’t take seriously. He beat a Poch side comfortably, so what? Pep recommends him so what? The Spurs job is the hardest club job in Europe given the relationship between actual resources and expectations. Potter needs to prove that he can be successful in a top league before I would go near him personally.
Poch took a perennial relegation team in Southampton with journeyman players like Lambert, and put them comfortably in mid table, upping the value of those players at the same time. Potter hasn’t even yet made Brighton safe this season.

I’ve not seen anything from Son since fall to suggest he’s worthy of being kept.
The guys a classy player
But he is also still streaky
And when he isn’t hot his other attributes aren’t as strong
But he is a huge personality at the club and iconic globally
It would be similar to when pool sold Coutinho but kept salad and mane
The kidney would be BIG but potentially very useful

The reason Potter is even being discussed is Mourinho. It would bit have been a discussion point when talking about a Poch’s successor but the team is so bereft of organisation and purpose some of us feel that getting someone in who can demonstrate those two qualities at the bottom end of the table would be an improvement.

When things starter to unravel Mourinho had the cup runs to fall back on, then a 3 game Bale enhanced run to get us within touching distance of top 4 - we brick the bed in the Europa blowing a 2-0 lead, we have just seen us choke three leads in the last 3 games and I honestly think we can finish outside the Europa places under him. How anyone can have confidence in him for next season is beyond me.

The points you are putting forward in favour of Potter, with respect, I can’t take seriously. He beat a Poch side comfortably, so what? Pep recommends him so what? The Spurs job is the hardest club job in Europe given the relationship between actual resources and expectations. Potter needs to prove that he can be successful in a top league before I would go near him personally.
Poch took a perennial relegation team in Southampton with journeyman players like Lambert, and put them comfortably in mid table. Potter hasn’t even yet made Brighton safe this season.
Poch came in at Southampton in mid jan
They were 15th when he came in and ended up 14th
next season they finished 8th after quite a lot of investment by their standards... breaking their club record twice all be it with Osvaldo who also left that season.
what the had in their team was goals though which is what’s hurting Brighton
But Poch did a brilliant job there and an even better one here with better resources
it was Rodriguez who was their Top Striker, a player we were regularly linked with

The reason Potter is even being discussed is Mourinho. It would bit have been a discussion point when talking about a Poch’s successor but the team is so bereft of organisation and purpose some of us feel that getting someone in who can demonstrate those two qualities at the bottom end of the table would be an improvement.

When things starter to unravel Mourinho had the cup runs to fall back on, then a 3 game Bale enhanced run to get us within touching distance of top 4 - we brick the bed in the Europa blowing a 2-0 lead, we have just seen us choke three leads in the last 3 games and I honestly think we can finish outside the Europa places under him. How anyone can have confidence in him for next season is beyond me.
I’m not sure who has anymore, the man himself doesnt look like he has

Mourinho is definitely going, his failure on the pitch is costing us too much. I suspect that Potter is on our list but quite a long way down. Whether we like it or not, the profile of the manager is going to be a consideration. Kane has 3 years left on his contract, so he can do little to force his way out, no matter who we appoint. Son has a better chance of forcing his way out but I think that would be a little out of character and we would still want north of £100m.

Oh for the goal-scoring consistency of a Chris Armstrong, Andy Sinton, Ruel Fox, Oyvind Leonhardson, Steffan Iversen, Aaron Lennon

We're lucky to have Son. We wouldnt be able to sign someone like him - would cost too much
In the first 16 he scored 12 and assisted in 5, in the next 16 he scored 2 and assisted 4. He is the definition of a streaky player.
Without his contribution in the first half of the season we'd probably be just above the relegation zone.
But since then he has contributed close to nothing.

The player from the first half the season, no we wouldn't be able to sign, the player from the second half of the season, well we wouldn't want to sign.

Wonder what it is that leads to such streakiness
It’s an odd one
He has been like it since his first season here (when he was not good and wanted to leave)
And in reference to the above, it’s not about expectation it’s about contracts and value
Sons contract runs out in 2 years and he hasn’t signed a new one

In the first 16 he scored 12 and assisted in 5, in the next 16 he scored 2 and assisted 4. He is the definition of a streaky player.
Without his contribution in the first half of the season we'd probably be just above the relegation zone.
But since then he has contributed close to nothing.

The player from the first half the season, no we wouldn't be able to sign, the player from the second half of the season, well we wouldn't want to sign.
He does it every season, yet every season there are some who want to claim he is world class when he goes through one of his purple patches. Massive difference between putting in a few world class performances and being world class, the main criteria for being world class is you are putting in top performances consistently. I love Son, but the frustrating thing about him is when he is having one of his ‘off’ streaks he often offers very little, yesterday being a prime example.....

I really don’t want a name personally. I want a guy who can work with the players and not massage his own ego

Agreed, and as @billyiddo said above, I didnt see Levy appointing Mourinho and appointing another 'name' is the biggest concern. Nagelmass, Rodgers, Potters - all those are good, but please no Sarri etc

Good morning all..

I am still angry after yet another poor performance and need to get a few points off my chest....

Hjoberg - he got booked after 6 minutes for a stupid pull back on the half way line.. No real need to do it at that stage of the game and even conceding a goal would have been better than our 'midfield enforcer' pulling out of virtually every challenge to avoid getting sent off....

But my issue goes beyond that... Who had a go at him for what he did ? Nobody that I saw.... Will Jose mention it ? I doubt it.. There is a lack of leadership throughout the team and another example of what I am saying was when Lamela got sent off against Arsenal... He could have been sent off 3 minutes earlier but nobody warned him to calm down.

Ndombele - another pathetic fall to the ground pretending to be injured... His attitude is dreadful and again who in the team would give him stick for his behaviour... While he is rolling about on the ground we are down to 10 men..

I am not sure I fully blame Jose for this current situation as these poor performances go back to December 2018. I would love to know what is really going on throughout the squad but i now think he has to go...

It's all very sad to see us decline so rapidly and even in a 6 year spell where we have been better than Arsenal - for the first time since the 1960s and the early 80s - they have won three FA cups and are in a stronger position now...

I'm gutted...

And two more rants about last night...

Aurier and Lloris having a good old laugh at the end of the game... Just about sums it all up...

The penalty was another ridiculous decision by one of our players.. There wasn't a great amount of contact but if you jump into someone's back what do you expect... Just like Aurier did against Leicester. And then there's Dier against Chelscum, Sanchez against arsenal and away at Man U... All could have been avoided by sensible defending...

And just to finish it off Aurier going in to the back of a west ham player who was going nowhere in the final.minute.... Just pathetic

Last edited:
It's all very sad to see us decline so rapidly and even in a 6 year spell where we have been better than Arsenal - for the first time since the 1960s and the early 80s - they have won three FA cups and are in a stronger position now...

Its rectifiable if we change manager before the end of May, keep Kane and Son and bring in a CB or two. However we wont have the money from European football next year so we're back to playing catch-up again

Back