• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

I agree with most of that analysis. I was screaming at the tv when Sissoko came on, even if I knew it was the right thing to do. But because it was us responding to their tactical shift, not them to us. And also, because Sissoko was the best, worst choice to put on...

The analysis also greatly shows the knock-on effect it has to not have that ballplaying defender who is able to play out without pulling the midfielder down between the defender.

They are unbeaten in, what, 21 games away from home?...
Yep
And they haven’t actually played that well apparently
I mean yesterday we were definitely beaten by the better team
But their better as everyone else has actually got worse
We’re worse, pool are worse, Chelsea.... worse
I mean United’s progression under ole has been to stay still IMO which has given them elevation by default

Last edited:
Was thinking more along the lines of Eriksen. My point was that they were talking like it’s a done deal he’s at Man U IF Man U want him, but Levy has more say in this one than the other situations, but ultimately I don’t know what will happen, nor do you.
If Man U want him and put a modicum amount of money on the table then history tells us that he is gone mate.... as we’ve seen with Carrick and Berbatov and with Keane and Bale (albeit to different clubs).

it’s clear to our players that those at the top of the club will never push the boat out to try to bring us trophies. Therefore the ones that are good enough to be wanted by the clubs that do this will leave. We had a golden opportunity a few years ago but blew it by going about £400 million over budget on the chairman’s pet project. For him and Lewis that may be a brilliant thing as their net worth on paper may well be far higher. I’m sure their kids’ will be over the moon with their inheritance. For us though it means we get to visit a lovely shiny ‘best stadium in the world’ every two weeks with a subpar team to play in it.

Last edited:
Yep
And they haven’t actually played that well apparently
I mean yesterday we were definitely beaten by the better team
But their better as everyone else has actually got worse
We’re worse, pool are worse, Chelsea.... worse
I mean United’s progression under ole has been to stay still IMO which has given them elevation by default

Money is winning as always.
Chelsea is looking like they spent well and they haven't finished sadly.
Yesterday I thought Cavani and Pogba gave them a big edge and were excellent and ran our defenders and midfield ragged.
West Ham though is showing us we can do better than we are with the correct management and more importantly recruitment.
Let us remember Covid has played a part in our stuttering season but Levy sadly compounded our situation with the appointment of the current manager.
Everton is looking a little like us so we are not unique.

Last edited:
I've only gone back and read the last 6 pages of this thread and agree with most of what has been said...

I was also going to mention the loss to Wolves at Wembley in around December 2018... We were only a few points behind Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project and I nil up against Wolves with 20 mins to go but managed to lose 3-1..

Up to that stage we were generally the very good, enertaining, hard working and consistent Poch team.. Since that game we have never ever played consistently at that level.. That is now nearly 2 and a half seasons of decline which all stems back to those transfer windows where we didnt update the squad...

Yesterday was just so predictable and i fear it is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better...

COYS...

If Man U want him and put a modicum amount of money on the table then history tells us that he is gone mate.... as we’ve seen with Carrick and Berbatov and with Keane and Bale Ialbeit to different clubs

it’s clear to our players that those at the top of the club will never push the boat out to try to bring us trophies. The reform the ones that are good enough to be wanted by the clubs that do this will leave. We had a golden opportunity a few years ago but blew it by going about £400 million over budget on the chairman’s pet project. For him and Lewis that may be a brilliant thing as their net worth on paper may well be far higher. I’m sure their kids’ will be over the moon with their inheritance. For us though it means we get to visit a lovely shiny ‘best stadium in the world’ every two weeks with a subpar team to play in it.

We last sold to Utd in 2008, I think. It won’t happen with our most prized asset - and they can’t afford him any way.

Money is winning as always.
Chelsea is looking like they spent well and they haven't finished sadly.
Yesterday I thought Cavani and Pogba gave them a big edge and were excellent and ran our defenders and midfield ragged.
West Ham though is showing us we can do better than we are with the correct management and more importantly recruitment.
Let us remember Covid has played a part in our stuttering season but Levy sadly compounded our situation with the appointment of the current manager.
Everton is looking a little like us so we are not unique.
Sorry but Chelsea haven’t brought well at all
Their best player is a youth team lad
Their big money buys have flopped so far

Not true at all..... They have far higher income than us and a significantly smaller portion of debt.
And have no money still so had to borrow more
Remember last summer when you said they would spend big... they didn’t
They don’t have the money and have double our wage bill
Their owners are draining the
club

We were half decent in the first half, but nothing more than that. No sign of a "Let's fudging win this at every cost" attitude at all. Just players playing at an OK level. None of them looked like they enjoyed playing football. United were also not very good.
In the 2nd half it looked like everyone was just waiting for the game to end.
I've had enough of this. It feels like the end of an era. We'll not be to 4-5 for a long time. The team will get dismantled, and it will be a painful and long process to build up the team to what we've had for the past 10 years. I seriously think we'll be 6th-8th for many years to come now.
In many ways what we need right now is an Arnesen/Jol type DoF/manager partnership to bring through a new, young, brave attacking team.

Our previous manager told the chairman exactly what was needed and he was right that the rebuild would probably be painful. A couple of years outside the top 4, maybe even the top 6 while constructing another team that could challenge again was likely and probably necessary. Hopefully though the second time round, we would've learned lots from our failures the first time round with that team being consistently improved from a position of strength instead of laurels being rested on and stagnation allowed. Of course though our chairman, armed with his trusty Economics and Land Economy First Class Honours degree, knew far more about football than the manager did so chose to spend £12 million to getting rid of him instead of heeding his advice.

Anyway the club now need to embark on that rebuild, of course it is a couple of years late and should've been a continual evolution instead of a rebuild, but still.... better late than never!

We need a forward thinking young manager along with a top class DoF that the manager trusts and respects. Go out and bring in young, talented players from the third tier clubs In Europe that play a modern pressing game like Salzburg, Atalanta, Young Boys and Leverkusen (stretch to call a couple of them third tier) and shape them into a well drilled unit that has a front foot, attacking identity.

Back