• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

There’s always a grey area with signings, successful ones seem to be attributed to managers and poor ones to Levy or the committee. If Levy has really forced the three players you mention on a manager who had us punching above our weight then we are in big trouble, his role should be to provide the parameters for the budget and negotiate, maybe pass on opportunities offered by clubs directly to him but not actually decide who we sign.
When Mitchell left it felt like Poch either asked or accepted that he would have a bigger role in the decisions (title change to manager) which was then followed by his statement that title needed to revert due to some dissatisfaction with what was happening.
The only thing I ask is that managers get judged by the same criteria.... One cannot say that Jose didn’t get the players he wanted and not make the same allowance for Pochettino. One cannot say that Poch was backed well (despite such a low net transfer spend) and then state Jose hasn’t been backed well (despite higher net spend).

I do think our transfer committee needs significant improvement however.... Starting with Levy removing himself from it as quickly as possible other than setting a total budget.

The only thing I ask is that managers get judged by the same criteria.... One cannot say that Jose didn’t get the players he wanted and not make the same allowance for Pochettino. One cannot say that Poch was backed well (despite such a low net transfer spend) and then state Jose hasn’t been backed well (despite higher net spend).

I do think our transfer committee needs significant improvement however.... Starting with Levy removing himself from it as quickly as possible other than setting a total budget.
Totally agree. When he leaves Mourinho might not be as shy as letting everyone know who he didn’t want and what he was promised.

Not being able to replace Eriksen (or adequate replacement for Toby) emphasis my point, it isn't as simple as sell this one and that one and replace them with better players, as the original poster claimed.
Exactly.... For example we could’ve got an excellent, proven in the PL player like Mane but wouldn’t pay the going rate for wages.

Need fans in the stadium to get this guy out.

I've just got you an Uber, I'll pay!

SPORT-PREVIEW-Jose-Mourinho-and-Fan-Selfie.jpg

I wish we had fans in there, he'd definitely be sacked if they were.
It was a risk appointing him, I think it was a risk worth taking (same as Bale) but it obviously hasn't worked (same as Bale) so surely now is the time to change (actually the time to change was when Tuchel was available).
It's predictably depressing watching us play. Don't even get excited when we score now (although VAR is also partly to blame for that).
It's easy to say the players aren't good enough but Moyes and Mourinho took over at similar times and they look miles ahead of us in terms of patterns of play and they don't have a better squad than ours. Mourinho needs to get more from our players and not keep switching the back four in the hope that he miraculously finds a combination that works.
I'd be happy if the season ended now, I'm in a bad mood on match days now, and that's even before we've kicked off. Arghhhhh!

I wish we had fans in there, he'd definitely be sacked if they were.
It was a risk appointing him, I think it was a risk worth taking (same as Bale) but it obviously hasn't worked (same as Bale) so surely now is the time to change (actually the time to change was when Tuchel was available).
It's predictably depressing watching us play. Don't even get excited when we score now (although VAR is also partly to blame for that).
It's easy to say the players aren't good enough but Moyes and Mourinho took over at similar times and they look miles ahead of us in terms of patterns of play and they don't have a better squad than ours. Mourinho needs to get more from our players and not keep switching the back four in the hope that he miraculously finds a combination that works.
I'd be happy if the season ended now, I'm in a bad mood on match days now, and that's even before we've kicked off. Arghhhhh!

VAR has a big impact because I dont ever celebrate in the same way. The is always a little look across to see if it is going to be flagged up.

Back