• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Yes.
They did.
This is why I posted what I posted.
He was also blamed by some, for apparently being "uncooperative" when every single second of footage and subsequent testimonies suggested he was extremely "compliant" and even agreeable given the circumstances.
Yeah I agree
Is there any evidence yes that it was racially motivated?

Are you speculating or referring to the court case?

i really havent kept up with it but do remember at the time there being nothing to substantiate the claims. But I did assume something would come out now in court
Nothing came out at the time or in the case so far.

The only people making it about race were those looking for an excuse to burn shops and steal stuff.

Are you speculating or referring to the court case?

i really havent kept up with it but do remember at the time there being nothing to substantiate the claims. But I did assume something would come out now in court

The action itself may not have been about race, it brought about the wider very valid conversation about institutional racism.

The action itself may not have been about race, it brought about the wider very valid conversation about institutional racism.
It did
But as I said at the time the situation with Breanna Taylor was a valid claim about race and the approach of the police
This hasn’t been shown to be so far

Hence why I asked earlier

The point of a court case is to look at these things in detail. I am sure that we will have a far clearer idea of what happened very soon but plenty of the evidence already provided debunks a lot of what racists have said about the case.

What we do know is that black people are disproportionately targeted by the police and the criminal justice system both here and the States. The way that George Floyd was treated would be incredibly rare for a white person.

What we need to be wary of are people that make excuses for this and ask what are their motives.

The point of a court case is to look at these things in detail. I am sure that we will have a far clearer idea of what happened very soon but plenty of the evidence already provided debunks a lot of what racists have said about the case.

What we do know is that black people are disproportionately targeted by the police and the criminal justice system both here and the States. The way that George Floyd was treated would be incredibly rare for a white person.

What we need to be wary of are people that make excuses for this and ask what are their motives.
Not arguing that
I just want facts though to come out of the case that puts the police men away for what they factually did wrong, not what people think they did wrong. I mean kneeling in a guy for as long as he did showed no due care and attention and killed a guy. That’s what actually happened without any doubt, although of course their challenging the intent
everything else is speculation so far, unless there us evidence to the contrary in this case. I’m waiting to hear that evidence.
The police men should serve time for the crime we know they committed.

Not arguing that
I just want facts though to come out of the case that puts the police men away for what they factually did wrong, not what people think they did wrong. I mean kneeling in a guy for as long as he did showed no due care and attention and killed a guy. That’s what actually happened without any doubt, although of course their challenging the intent
everything else is speculation so far, unless there us evidence to the contrary in this case. I’m waiting to hear that evidence.
The police men should serve time for the crime we know they committed.

If Chauvin murdered Floyd (as I believe that he did), I hope that he goes down for a long time.

Motive will be difficult to prove, and racists will make excuses based on that, but we can look at the number of black people who die whilst in police custody and compare it to whites and draw conclusions. Similarly we can look at the number of black men who are in prison, are stopped and searched, etc and draw conclusions from that.

Nothing came out at the time or in the case so far.

The only people making it about race were those looking for an excuse to burn shops and steal stuff.

Pathetic even by your standards.

Here.

From The SJ Mercury News

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05...kill-in-chauvins-reaction-to-black-clientele/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/02/us/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-past-cases.html

Thing is Scara, in your elite binary universe, you wouldn't recognize these things because, well, they don't intercede with your "world" or your "logic".
Allow me to inform you that the MAJORITY of racists don't actually trundle around the world with I AM A RACIST PIG written on their foreheads. Yes, there are the macarons in the KKK, Proud Boys and NF-like organizations, but there are many, many more racists who hide as much as they can and "let it out" when they feel "safe and protected" i.e. the US circa 2016-2021, some law enforcement divisions. They might even "have a few black or minority friends", you know, just as shields (in the way that some gay men marry women who are thus referred to as 'beards').

I am very critical of the over-reach of cancel culture, but I am even more critical of the sort of indirect flimflam you placed in that sentence above.
It sets a dangerous tone, and projects a dangerous tone too. You are effectively saying that people who believe (with some evidential justification I might add) that Chauvin is a racist are only accusing him of such so as they can riot and steal things.

Well, in that case, add me to that number. And I haven't fudging rioted or looted ever. I have marched against racists, and I will continue to stand up to them. Wherever they are.

You know, a few people here believe I am wasting my time even interacting with you and others on this issue.
I disagree.
If nothing else, you need to know the weight of your words.
If this comes across as condescending, patronizing and dingdong-head like, well, I'm sure you'll understand.

It did
But as I said at the time the situation with Breanna Taylor was a valid claim about race and the approach of the police
This hasn’t been shown to be so far

What makes this any less of a case that Breanna Taylor in your eyes?
Explain your train of logic.
I am intrigued.

What makes this any less of a case that Breanna Taylor in your eyes?
Explain your train of logic.
I am intrigued.
Pre Meditation
They were looking for someone in her location and literally shot her in her her as she was a black person. She was killed because of her colour as she “fitted the bill” in her own home. She wasn’t killed because she had done anything wrong
In the case of floyd they were responding to a suspected crime being committed and used excessive force to kill someone. He wasnt killed for being a black man in the wrong place. He was killed for actually doing something wrong but a policeman over reacting and murdering him
So IMO, from what I’ve read one had a racial motive and the other so far hasn’t had that demonstrated. Both are examples of the police doing wrong, but in different ways. Neither are excusable

Back