• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

It shouldn't matter whether or not we can recoup what we paid for him.... All that should matter is that we strengthen the team and squad. The chairman may well have to accept a paper loss on a few players to raise the much needed funds to strengthen our weak areas.

I'm not saying what I would do, I am saying what I think Levy will do. I think that we will see Alderweireld and Dier leave before Sanchez

He's not going to be sold. He's 24 and we won't be able to recoup what we paid for him.

Sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake on a player and cut your losses. Or you never know, someone may be stupid enough to spend £40m and take him from us, we did so someone else might.

PS, only parklane1 can mention his age as he likes to in every post about Sanchez :D

Sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake on a player and cut your losses. Or you never know, someone may be stupid enough to spend £40m and take him from us, we did so someone else might.

PS, only statlover1 can mention his age as he likes to in every post about Sanchez :D

If we are going to rebuild the defence this summer, which looks likely, I think that we'll start with the older players.

If we are going to rebuild the defence this summer, which looks likely, I think that we'll start with the older players.

Let’s be honest, none of our options at CB are particularly great but I’d start with the younger players who are more likely to bring in more in sales. Toby should be kept as a backup and a mentor for younger players. Sanchez isn’t good enough and doesn’t have any leadership qualities and will always need someone more experienced alongside to babysit him. Personally I’d sell Sanchez and Dier and keep Rodon and Tanganga.

Can't understand true supporters wanting us to lose any game.

I dont think anyone who posts that truly means it. I dont know what exactly @NLS meant by it, however in his defence most of us would like to see the club/team move beyond the current mess where performances are often cr@p, there being an air of negativity around the club, the manager slagging off players in public, media having little positive to say about us, Kane/Son being linked with moves etc etc. The image of the club at the moment is pretty poor. I'd suggest that only a small minority of Spurs fans actually think that we're making progress at the moment or even remotely on a path to success.

Therefore he probably didnt mean 'wanting us to lose' but more like 'if we lose, it'll take us one step closer to making the changes (esp manager) which are needed in order to progress'. I can't believe that anyone who posts on this site doesn't care about the club and want to see us progress. I think lots of us see that we need to have that final bust-up/step down or whatever such that we can appoint a new guy, clear the air and move on

Let’s be honest, none of our options at CB are particularly great but I’d start with the younger players who are more likely to bring in more in sales. Toby should be kept as a backup and a mentor for younger players. Sanchez isn’t good enough and doesn’t have any leadership qualities and will always need someone more experienced alongside to babysit him. Personally I’d sell Sanchez and Dier and keep Rodon and Tanganga.

I agree with you, however I think Dier and Sanchez will be hard to shift. Clubs which will want them won't be CL teams, or be as big as Spurs, and will probably struggle to match their wages. Levy hasnt exactly shown flexibility in the past in accepting lower fees to clear deadwood either.

I dont think anyone who posts that truly means it. I dont know what exactly @NLS meant by it, however in his defence most of us would like to see the club/team move beyond the current mess where performances are often cr@p, there being an air of negativity around the club, the manager slagging off players in public, media having little positive to say about us, Kane/Son being linked with moves etc etc. The image of the club at the moment is pretty poor. I'd suggest that only a small minority of Spurs fans actually think that we're making progress at the moment or even remotely on a path to success.

Therefore he probably didnt mean 'wanting us to lose' but more like 'if we lose, it'll take us one step closer to making the changes (esp manager) which are needed in order to progress'. I can't believe that anyone who posts on this site doesn't care about the club and want to see us progress. I think lots of us see that we need to have that final bust-up/step down or whatever such that we can appoint a new guy, clear the air and move on

I would like to believe you are right. However, some people's dislike of Mourinho is seemingly so deep rooted that they want to see anything which will hasten his departure. The fact is that he is currently our manager. We are currently just three points off fourth and in a final. If we all get behind the manager and the team, we may well end the season in the top four and win a cup. Who knows?

For the United game, I would like to see us go three at the back with wingbacks. I think that formation accommodates the strengths of our current players. Aurier and Reggie are best played at wingback. Our central defence would be bolstered by numbers and Sanchez (speed) Toby (experience) and Rondon (aggression). It would release Ndombele (to hopefully have a greater impact if he was largely relieved of his defensive duties. The number 10 role would be a toss up between Lucas, Lo Celso and Dele.

Consequently , I would like to see:

...............................Lloris...................................

..............Sanchez........Toby........Rondon.....................

Aurier....................PEH.........................Reggie

......................NDombele...Lucas/Dele/LoCelso.............

........................Kane...Son...........................

Come on guys. Lets do this.

Disagree.:) If two players are on their way to proving they are not good enough it's Dier and Sanchez. (And to that end why persist?) Luckily their age means they will have some value. Its not going to come as a shock that 90% of our transfer funds will come from sales.
Toby will not be worth much plus he is more consistent than the two mentioned, his calmness/experience will help alongside any young CH we have or buy. ie pointless selling him.

Obviously we would need to find buyers and replacements for any of it to happen but if it was FM I'd be pressing the button on both.

Disagree.:) If two players are on their way to proving they are not good enough it's Dier and Sanchez. (And to that end why persist?) Luckily their age means they will have some value. Its not going to come as a shock that 90% of our transfer funds will come from sales.
Toby will not be worth much plus he is more consistent than the two mentioned, his calmness/experience will help alongside any young CH we have or buy. ie pointless selling him.

Obviously we would need to find buyers and replacements for any of it to happen but if it was FM I'd be pressing the button on both.

Let's see. I think that we are more likely to see Toby and Dier leave. Toby's fallen out with the last two managers and is on the slide. Dier looks shot of confidence and form. I don't rate Sanchez particularly but I think that we will look to see what he can do alongside a CB who can organise (and has legs).

Let's see. I think that we are more likely to see Toby and Dier leave. Toby's fallen out with the last two managers and is on the slide. Dier looks shot of confidence and form. I don't rate Sanchez particularly but I think that we will look to see what he can do alongside a CB who can organise (and has legs).
The other thing is we don't know who the manager will be so they may see things differently. Hopefully not wasting their time though 'having a look' :rolleyes:

———————Hugo——————
Tanganga Toby Rodon Reggie
————PEH Ndombele————
——Moura—Lamela——Son——
———————Kane——————

Just watched highlights of our 3 - 0 win over United a few years back, Lamela should be forced to watch it and see what happens when he passes or shoots first time.

What is this crime @thfcsteff? We are doomed. I tell you. An avatar befitting will need to be considered when we inevitably get done by the ref with a last minute penalty. You have done it to yourself.

Also COYS and my preferred team doesn't matter, I think he starts with

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Rodon Reggie
Ndombele Hojberg Gio
Lamela Kane Son

If my choice did matter
Lloris
Aurier Toby Rodon Reggie
Ndombele Hojberg Gio
Alli Kane Son

The other thing I might try against United and City (who both have a standout midfielder) is to try a back four and man marking Fernandez and De Bruyne. I think Tanaganga ( or maybe Dier) could perform this task and stick to the guy like glue all game preventing the ball being passed to him and thereby reducing his impact.

I know man-for-man marking seems to have largely gone out of fashion, but I know when I was playing, I always hated being man marked all game.

Season done league wise unless we win
Handbrake has to be off from Jose
So expect only 4 attackers and Sanchez at the back !!

Two years ago this. At that time, being in a CL quarter final seemed so natural, and I had full belief we could win it. Electric atmosphere in the stands.
How far from that it feels now is quite incredible.
Seems like a lifetime ago. Don't have that same connection with the team at the moment. I'm in much better moods on days we're not playing at the moment. Hopefully that all changes with a decent victory tomorrow.

Back