• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Ultimate Humiliation

What has been Spurs' most humiliating result of recent times?

• Notts County 0-3 Oct 1994

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Man Utd 3-5 Sept 2001

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Blackburn League Cup Final Feb 2002

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Emirates Marketing Project 3-4 Feb 2004

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Bayern Munich 2-7 (seven) Oct 2019

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • West Ham 3-3 October 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dinamo Zagreb 0-3 March 2021

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Saudi Sportswashing Machine/St Totteringham's Day May 2016

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
One match always sticks out in my mind. This was awful.

Sheffield United 6-0 Tottenham Hotspur (March 1993)

Tottenham Hotspur: Erik Thorstvedt, Dean Austin, Gary Mabbutt, Pat Van den Hauwe, Jason Cundy, Andy Gray (Steve Sedgley 64), Paul Allen, Vinny Samways, Darren Anderton, Nayim (John Hendry 64), Teddy Sheringham

Clemence & Livermore joint managers.

There's highlights here, it's actually worth a watch, very nostalgic!

But matches I felt the worst from: Lasagna-gate and CL final
I think the Erik the Viking In my head is better than the real one. In my defense I was 11.

Blackburn for me. Drove down to Wales with a mate. After the game, we decided to stop off at a hotel to let the traffic back to London subside. We were having a quiet drink, when who should come in - the whole bloody Blackbun team complete with the cup in naturally very high spirits! This only made matters worse for me and my mate!

Tbf Brad was the only one of them who seemed ok to us !!!!

I don't do these sort of deep dives into negativism. Life's hard, sport is a luxury. Deal with its vagaries and ebb and flow. But don't tinkle on my team.

To those who are rolling in all this schitt, have a great day and be sure to get hosed down before you arrive at the dinner table.

Champions League final, after all the great games to get there and frankly not even bothering to turn up...that's the one that sticks with me. All the others brick yer it hurts but when the ultimate club football prize was there to fight for. Well.

I think humiliation is the wrong word for the question, as to be humiliated you have to feel your dignity/pride has been injured, most modern players have neither. As a fan I dont feel anything other than happiness or disappointment by our results and as it's only a game and it doesnt make me any better or worse than anyone else.

Blackburn for me. Drove down to Wales with a mate. After the game, we decided to stop off at a hotel to let the traffic back to London subside. We were having a quiet drink, when who should come in - the whole bloody Blackbun team complete with the cup in naturally very high spirits! This only made matters worse for me and my mate!

Tbf Brad was the only one of them who seemed ok to us !!!!

I was at that game as well, Brad won it for them with a MOM performance. :(

Champions League final, after all the great games to get there and frankly not even bothering to turn up...that's the one that sticks with me. All the others brick yer it hurts but when the ultimate club football prize was there to fight for. Well.
To be honest I wasn't all that pumped up for the CL Final because I knew we would lose, we had been playing poorly for months (including getting run ragged by Ajax until our purple 5 minutes) and had massive injury issues, plus Pool had experience from the year before.

In fact my flight home from holiday (in Spain) got delayed, so by the time I got onto the M25 near Gatwick the game had kicked off and whilst still on the M25 Sissoko had lost us the game, just as I expected.

Always thought the moura miracle was a poisoned chalice in disguise. Went into the CL final expected to be humiliated. Glad we lost respectably (freak goal and pool looked boring for the most part). But seriously thought poch would push on from there. Instead.....

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

All of these memories certainly back up what someone (it may have been Jah Wobble) said on this week’s Spurs Show: we “never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.”

(Which, having investigated, is the literal translation of Audere est facere.)

Thats very good.

There has been a lot of chat lately about our “identity”, that bon mot has nailed it.

To be honest I wasn't all that pumped up for the CL Final because I knew we would lose, we had been playing poorly for months (including getting run ragged by Ajax until our purple 5 minutes) and had massive injury issues, plus Pool had experience from the year before.

In fact my flight home from holiday (in Spain) got delayed, so by the time I got onto the M25 near Gatwick the game had kicked off and whilst still on the M25 Sissoko had lost us the game, just as I expected.
But as a fan you always dream don’t you. C’mon it was the Champions League Final, a small part of you must have believed.

But as a fan you always dream don’t you. C’mon it was the Champions League Final, a small part of you must have believed.
The way all of our players miraculously came back from injury in the weeks leading up to the final gave me belief but the final proved to be such an anticlimax that I cannot even enjoy rewatching the Ajax comeback... this video still amuses me though :D

Indeed although for me it was most definitely the tiniest part:D Often you tell yourself you’re not going to win a game but secretly hold out hope but for this one I really didn’t think we would. The biggest factor being that Liverpool had lost the final the previous year and I just couldn’t see that happening to a team twice in a row. Unless it was Spurs of course:rolleyes:....

Just read through this thread. Lots of painful memories to say the least. I was at the Europa league game against PAOK, a game we were expected to win, and a certain youngster named Harry Kane started the game. Not only did we lose to the 10 men, me and my 2 sons were right next to the away supporters just to compound a miserable night. Kane was largly inaffective and when he was subbed off I uttered the immortal words to my kids, "he will never make it as a premier league striker"
Now every time he plays they remind me of it. Its become a running joke in the family. Even my wife who has no interest in football joins in. Who just scored for England? Oh its Harry, he'll never make it as a striker Kane

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away for me

We surrendered meekly losing 5-1 against 10 men of a relegated side

Disgraceful

The way all of our players miraculously came back from injury in the weeks leading up to the final gave me belief but the final proved to be such an anticlimax that I cannot even enjoy rewatching the Ajax comeback... this video still amuses me though :D

That is a funny video Steve, and nicely highlights the two horns growing from Kane's forehead.
Clearly he has to file them down every week so other teams don't notice he sold his soul to the Devil, but damn they are obvious in that video.

Isn't the ultimate humiliation being Dele Alli on the bench and watching Sissoko come on?

Or being Dele Alli and getting subbed off at halftime in the first game of the season?

How's that masterclass on man management going Jose?

We've had some pretty humiliating moments over the years but throwing away a two goal first leg lead against the Croatian Agricultural Workers second 11 has to be right up there?

I'm surprised the Portsmouth & Chelsea FA Cup semi finals under Redknapp haven't made the list

In two weeks time we will probably be able to add a demoralising League Cup Final defeat to this list...

Sadly, I'm not looking forward to the game and there is a big part of me that wishes we weren't even in the bloody final as i fear the club we all love will be further ridiculed...

Back