• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What?! 30 out of 18 million and they aren't sure if it is a coincidence?

30 out of 18 million would buy a Renault Megane and have twins and buy a Twix on Tuesday whilst farting the Marseilleise, this is coincidence FFS.

30 out of 18 million would buy a Renault Megane and have twins and buy a Twix on Tuesday whilst farting the Marseilleise, this is coincidence FFS.
The figures are skewed in this country because the age group most at risk has not yet been widely vaccinated. The Canadians believe the rate could be as high as 1 in 100000. On the point of coincidence, this is highly unlikely for 2 reasons. Firstly they are a very specific types of blood clot with associated low platelets, it is more than 10 times the expected rate for that type of blood clot. Secondly you are seeing this in multiple populations that are being vaccinated.

The risks of catching covid and suffering a serious illness or hospitalisation is far greater for people over 70 than the risk of blood clots. it is therefore a no brainier to keep vaccinating them. However as you go down the age groups the balance shifts considerably although still in favour of vaccination. But when we come across something like this it is important to look at it and if possible mitigate against it. This is a normal part of the lifecycle of drugs and vaccines. What would be worse is to not examine the effects properly have more of these clots then destroy all confidence in the vaccine. It was a mistake of the early Vaxxers when Jenner first discovered them, not to acknowledge weaknesses and these were seized upon by anti vaxxers. That battle still rages today and we don’t want to make the same mistakes.

7 people on this forum drown in custard every year.

Last edited:

It's generally considered to be the likelihood of being struck by lightning.

The figures are skewed in this country because the age group most at risk has not yet been widely vaccinated. The Canadians believe the rate could be as high as 1 in 100000. On the point of coincidence, this is highly unlikely for 2 reasons. Firstly they are a very specific types of blood clot with associated low platelets, it is more than 10 times the expected rate for that type of blood clot. Secondly you are seeing this in multiple populations that are being vaccinated.

The risks of catching covid and suffering a serious illness or hospitalisation is far greater for people over 70 than the risk of blood clots. it is therefore a no brainier to keep vaccinating them. However as you go down the age groups the balance shifts considerably although still in favour of vaccination. But when we come across something like this it is important to look at it and if possible mitigate against it. This is a normal part of the lifecycle of drugs and vaccines. What would be worse is to not examine the effects properly have more of these clots then destroy all confidence in the vaccine. It was a mistake of the early Vaxxers when Jenner first discovered them, not to acknowledge weaknesses and these were seized upon by anti vaxxers. That battle still rages today and we don’t want to make the same mistakes.
1 in 100,000?

So the same risk of dying of playing football without underlying conditions.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I died but I shall be resurrected tomorrow. What are the chances eh?
Such a big song

Down, down, you bring me down
I hear you knocking down my door
And I can't sleep at night
Your face it has no place
No room for you inside my house
I need to be alone
Don't waste your words
I don't need anything from you
I don't care where you've been
Or what you plan to do
Turn, turn, I wish you'd learn