• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

Last 5 years

04ox3xd1pkl61.jpg

Sunday's 4-1 victory means that only Emirates Marketing Project, with 35 points from 15 matches, have bettered Spurs' 24 points picked up at home in this Premier League season from 14 games at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Yet if Jose Mourinho's men are able to win at the Emirates Stadium next weekend then they will have exactly the same record - 24 points from 14 matches - from their away games in the competition from this campaign.

I was looking for an 80 minute PL table this season, and stumbled across this overview of goals scored/conceeded per 10 minutes:

www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england&tid=j

It's basically a confirmation of our shortcomings: No other teams have a worse goal difference for the final 10 minutes (2-9) and no other team have conceeded as many goals just before/after the break and in the final 10 minutes (16) as us.

I was looking for an 80 minute PL table this season, and stumbled across this overview of goals scored/conceeded per 10 minutes:

It's basically a confirmation of our shortcomings: No other teams have a worse goal difference for the final 10 minutes (2-9) and no other team have conceeded as many goals just before/after the break and in the final 10 minutes (16) as us.
So goal difference of +24 for first 80 mins compared with -7 for last ten (plus added time). Wow. Our overall superiority squandered by a notoriously brittle defence that crumbles at the death. Kane must be in despair.

So goal difference of +24 for first 80 mins compared with -7 for last ten (plus added time). Wow. Our overall superiority squandered by a notoriously brittle defence that crumbles at the death. Kane must be in despair.
It was the same in the beginning under Poch, and to solve this, he increased the complexity of the training exercises in the latter part of the training sessions. If I remember correctly, the season after he started doing this, we had the best defensive record, and went unbeaten at home.

It was the same in the beginning under Poch, and to solve this, he increased the complexity of the training exercises in the latter part of the training sessions. If I remember correctly, the season after he started doing this, we had the best defensive record, and went unbeaten at home.
He was supposed to have worked on defending at the end so that players got used to concentrating when tired which had been a prob.

Hopefully we get a DoF in before the summer to sort out this shortcoming.

Steve, that is basically a post saying that xP and xG are poor predictors of league position after this many games. And what are you doing posting at 5:51 AM, are you alright hun?

Steve, that is basically a post saying that xP and xG are poor predictors of league position after this many games. And what are you doing posting at 5:51 AM, are you alright hun?
Looks like most clubs are within 3 points of their expected points.... That's pretty good isn't it?

I do agree though that a bigger sample is required.

Any table at this point is only indicative. You can look at the statistical trends and begin to draw some conclusions.

I think if Spurs and Arsenals underlying statistical performance were to stay as it was then you would eventual see that represented in the table. It's a bit like how on a much more simple level goal difference at the end of the season almost corresponds directly with your final league position. At earlier stages of the season you can often see some striking anomalies but they correct themselves by the end.

t3cbHDd.png

A lot has been said in some media about how Woolwich was on this special run of good form. That's the period from round 15 to 29. However, apart from a good five game spell mid-season, they have largely gained points while not really outscoring anyone. Their GD from round 20 onwards suggests more of a flat and stale run, now with the predictable drop at the end.

As for us, it's remarkable to watch how we have gone from 1 to +19 in six games. That's a run of form.

t3cbHDd.png

A lot has been said in some media about how Woolwich was on this special run of good form. That's the period from round 15 to 29. However, apart from a good five game spell mid-season, they have largely gained points while not really outscoring anyone. Their GD from round 20 onwards suggests more of a flat and stale run, now with the predictable drop at the end.

As for us, it's remarkable to watch how we have gone from 1 to +19 in six games. That's a run of form.
They don’t have enough Goals in their team
I said it ages ago
They were crying out for a decent striker

Back