• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think it might be 10 games into next season if we are already off the top 4 pace, Levy cares about money.
We can’t afford to be giving teams who are better supported by their owners a 10 game head start. It will also mean that any money spent in the summer is spent on players the previous manager wanted instead of the new one (again)

Last edited:
I'm doubtful Levy will act in the summer, he wants it to work as he spent so long chasing/wanting him - looks like we'll be somewhere 4th-6th this season and that's not going to be enough to force the issue.
I think it’s pretty clear that Levy has fcuked up royally.... The £30m to sack Jose will lead to questions about how well he is running our club and it is only this that is keeping Jose sitting on death row.

I'm doubtful Levy will act in the summer, he wants it to work as he spent so long chasing/wanting him - looks like we'll be somewhere 4th-6th this season and that's not going to be enough to force the issue.

I'm not sure we will. If we perform similarly to today we won't be in the top six.

£30m to sack him mate.... Levy looks very silly having to pay that to sack him so he stays

I don't think it comes down to that, there will be more money lost by not improving - this is his guy, the one he wanted so he will give him as long as possible.

Best manager he ever had is out the door after a poor 12 game start to the season whilst this guy is going to get 2 years + of no progress no questions asked, makes me sick

Crowds will be back in next season, the pressure to sack him will ramp up quickly if we continue to have to watch this crap.
I think that is what will force Levy's hand if we aren't up near the top after a few games into the season.

If there's any doubt in his mind, he should sack him right at the end of the season. That's the sensible thing to do. It's true that at this point, it's hard to see any progress under Mourinho. I suppose it all goes down to whether you think we need a complete rebuild or not. If you do, it's probably fair to give him another window to sort things out; if you don't, there's no point in sticking with him.

Having said that, I believe the squad needs a massive overhaul and I also think we should part ways with Mourinho. Season's almost over, he should be allowed to see it through. I have nothing against him but today's performance was similar to the ones we produced back in December: very pedestrian and uninspired. To his credit, he's tried a lot of different things but nothing seems to be working. For me, part of the blame goes to the players (hence the need to rebuild) but he's hardly set the world on fire or shown any signs that he could have us punching above our weight, so it's time for someone else to give it a try.

Then again, when you read some comments on here, you'd think a new manager is synonymous with success. Be careful what you wish for: we lucked out on Pochettino but he's one great appointment in 12 or something (half of which were useless).

Last edited:
Crowds will be back in next season, the pressure to sack him will ramp up quickly if we continue to have to watch this crap.
I think that is what will force Levy's hand if we aren't up near the top after a few games into the season.

I agree. Money men get squirrelly when fans vote with their feet and stop going. Means less match day revenue, less money spent on food and drink, merchandising etc. It’s quite often what gets managers the sack.

I don't think it comes down to that, there will be more money lost by not improving - this is his guy, the one he wanted so he will give him as long as possible.

Best manager he ever had is out the door after a poor 12 game start to the season whilst this guy is going to get 2 years + of no progress no questions asked, makes me sick

Without wanting to get into another Poch debate, we were going backwards in the league for a couple of years. We lost 13 league games in 2018/19. We can debate all day for the reasons why that happened but the decline was steady from 2016/17. Went from 86 points, to 77 to 71 IRRC over three seasons.

As for Jose, I want him gone as soon as the season finishes if we lose the cup final and don’t finish in the top 4.

Without wanting to get into another Poch debate, we were going backwards in the league for a couple of years. We lost 13 league games in 2018/19. We can debate all day for the reasons why that happened but the decline was steady from 2016/17. Went from 86 points, to 77 to 71 IRRC over three seasons.

As for Jose, I want him gone as soon as the season finishes if we lose the cup final and don’t finish in the top 4.

Yeah I don't disagree the slide was gradual and long coming, but I don't think you back a manager the way we did that summer (in terms of spend, at least) if you aren't all on the same page - so for me that's why I refer to 12 games, a better start to that season and no ones talking about the last X amount of games inc the previous season, they're talking about a 4th place finish and CL final as a good season overall and looking forward.

But this decline under Jose is after a refresh of the squad, albeit not all 11 players. That was not the case under Poch. I think you can trace his decline to the loss of Wanyama and Dembele, particularly the latter. This current malaise is more worrying as back 4 aside, we should have more squad quality than in the last 2 seasons of Poch.

But this decline under Jose is after a refresh of the squad, albeit not all 11 players. That was not the case under Poch. I think you can trace his decline on the loss of Wanyama and Dembele, particularly the latter. This current malaise is more worrying as back 4 aside, we should have more squad quality than in the last 2 seasons of Poch.

Agreed, I don't like the way our current problems get thrown in to the problems we had 2 years ago. Different situations, different circumstances

Agreed, I don't like the way our current problems get thrown in to the problems we had 2 years ago. Different situations, different circumstances
Very
Although the past contributed to now, the priorities then were different with the squad, if not the actual expectation
We didn’t need better CBS back then but we should have got in better full backs to suit Poch for example
We are where we are now I with the squad and no matter who is in charge they will want to make changes to the CBS for a start. It’s quite handy for once having clarity around a huge area of weakness that can be focussed on by the team buying players

Yeah I don't disagree the slide was gradual and long coming, but I don't think you back a manager the way we did that summer (in terms of spend, at least) if you aren't all on the same page - so for me that's why I refer to 12 games, a better start to that season and no ones talking about the last X amount of games inc the previous season, they're talking about a 4th place finish and CL final as a good season overall and looking forward.

Yeah I agree in theory but I think the damage was done by not backing Poch fully in previous windows. I will always look back at us and Liverpool who we were better than for most of Poch’s time but they backed their manager and we didn’t. Sadly Poch didn’t look like he was capable of arresting the decline at the end. He looked and sounded fed up after the CL final getting snippy with the press, saying things like “they need to change my job title” etc. I think he needed a fresh challenge, we just went for the wrong manager to replace him.

Back