• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Nice sentiment about poorer players giving their all, but do you really want Winks, Sissoko and Lamela as your midfield?
Well, I meant poorer as in poorer than top or "world" class, and similar player types. So yes, I'd rather have Winks giving it all than a world class sideways and backwards passing player not trying his best, and Sissoko than a mid-level championship player not even bothering.

What a waste of money.

Whether it's down to him, the club, Jose or all three, it's a shame, a real shame, that the return of the prodigal son has become humiliation no. 4892.

I watched Real Madrid vs Barcelona. It was clear why Bale cant get into Madrid. The tactics that Zidane plays requires forwards to actually help the team in offence, defence and transition. From seeing Bale for Spurs, forget it.
Sounds like Madrid fans think a fully fit and motivated Bale would’ve been perfect for Zidane’s set-up but the pale imitation we’re now lumbered with ain’t no loss.

Send him back, if they’ll take him!

Only reason to keep him is if a new manager thinks that he can either get Bale to defend or find a way to cover his lack of defensive input which doesnt hinder the rest of the team. If he's just going to be on the bench then no point paying his sky high wages for that

Only reason to keep him is if a new manager thinks that he can either get Bale to defend or find a way to cover his lack of defensive input which doesnt hinder the rest of the team. If he's just going to be on the bench then no point paying his sky high wages for that

Suppose if Sissoko was a bit younger then he could be Bale’s minder but looks like Moussa’ legs have gone and don’t think anyone else in our squad has that marathon runner level stamina to do 2 player’s defensive work.

I dunno about that, one of the very few enjoyable moments this season came when he was signed and the feel good factor that it brought - what have we contributed in wages? 5m +/-

I agree we all got caught up in the return/hype of Bale returning and got carried away with it. But it has been a waste of time and whatever money it has cost us could/should have been used better elsewhere. imo

I don't want him at Spurs any more

I thought the contribution was closer to 100k

As far as gambles go it wasn't the highest of risks imo

More chance of him recapturing his best form than the manager id say anyway :p

Agreed, it was a risk worth taking, but if he can't tackle back, then he's not so good that the rst of the team can be set up to allow him not to run.

Means we should have capacity in our wage budget for signings in the summer though, however will now need to find someone to fill in the gap

Back