• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I see Lloris as having another year in him, so unless an opportunity for a top level target in that position comes along then it can be left alone
Lloris is going downhill quickly and been poor for most of this season. I hope I'm wrong but I can only see him getting worse and being more of a liability than he has been this season.
He needs to be replaced, if we can do it now and get something for Lloris it makes sense to do it.

Lloris is going downhill quickly and been poor for most of this season. I hope I'm wrong but I can only see him getting worse and being more of a liability than he has been this season.
He needs to be replaced, if we can do it now and get something for Lloris it makes sense to do it.

I think he has been over exposed by the poor/inconsistent defending in front of him. Not that he isn't without his faults or on the decline either, just that with an improved defence he'll do a job if required.

Wasn't so long ago he was being heralded as being in the best form of years.

I see Lloris as having another year in him, so unless an opportunity for a top level target in that position comes along then it can be left alone

With a year left on his contract, I'd be tempted to sell Hart and Gazzaniga and bring in someone with a view to them replacing Lloris as first choice during the season. Lloris can then leave on a free in summer 2022.

I don't think that Pope is the answer though. We be paying premium for a keeper at his peak and who has spent his career doing a very different job to what is needed at Spurs.
He does exactly what is needed
He saves shots and commands the box
Hugo does the former well enough.... not the latter

I think he has been over exposed by the poor/inconsistent defending in front of him. Not that he isn't without his faults or on the decline either, just that with an improved defence he'll do a job if required.

Wasn't so long ago he was being heralded as being in the best form of years.
His saving was great
He really was playing well
Bit his lack of command of the area was toxic for the defence. It caused as many issues in front of him as was caused for him

I think that he's a decent shot stopper but unproven on most of the other qualities that we should require
Such as?
I mean by all means let’s discuss it. What are the qualities you want?
I think he is a great shot stopper. Arguably as good as any in the league
And I think he commands his box really well
His distribution isn’t top drawer.
But that’s just my view
I also don’t think we will got for him due to his price now
I do think the talk of Maignan makes sense

Such as?
I mean by all means let’s discuss it. What are the qualities you want?
I think he is a great shot stopper. Arguably as good as any in the league
And I think he commands his box really well
His distribution isn’t top drawer.
But that’s just my view
I also don’t think we will got for him due to his price now
I do think the talk of Maignan makes sense

I think that we need a keeper who is comfortable on the ball and can play with the ball at their feet. His career to date hasn't given him many opportunities to do that. For the money he will cost, I think that he is a risk for a top side.

I think that we need a keeper who is comfortable on the ball and can play with the ball at their feet. His career to date hasn't given him many opportunities to do that. For the money he will cost, I think that he is a risk for a top side.
It’s not a strength of his I’d say
And I agree any signing of a keeper is a risk (look at Chelsea and city)
But what pope does well is everything Hugo does plus he commands his box. That’s because Hugo’s big weakness and has constituted to us conceding so many avoidable goals

It’s not a strength of his I’d say
And I agree any signing of a keeper is a risk (look at Chelsea and city)
But what pope does well is everything Hugo does plus he commands his box. That’s because Hugo’s big weakness and has constituted to us conceding so many avoidable goals
People (not you) need to temper expectations and be careful what we wish for. Remember ManU's keeper travails between Schmeichel and van der Saar -- they spent half a decade going through pretty rubbish goalkeepers, despite being one of the biggest, richest, and successful clubs in world football.

Lloris is still a top goalkeeper. He does have flaws, notably commanding his area, but I'd rather have him for another season over most other options. Pope and Henderson perhaps (and I wouldn't expect either to fit in and do better than Lloris straight away), but I don't follow other leagues enough to know what foreign options are out there.

People (not you) need to temper expectations and be careful what we wish for. Remember ManU's keeper travails between Schmeichel and van der Saar -- they spent half a decade going through pretty rubbish goalkeepers, despite being one of the biggest, richest, and successful clubs in world football.

Lloris is still a top goalkeeper. He does have flaws, notably commanding his area, but I'd rather have him for another season over most other options. Pope and Henderson perhaps (and I wouldn't expect either to fit in and do better than Lloris straight away), but I don't follow other leagues enough to know what foreign options are out there.
Pope is IMO good enough to step up
Same as Henderson
Hugo has been great for us but his contract and age goes against him

You keep saying this, but once again tonight he had very little to do but one clearance on his left again, he shanked straight into a dangerous position; his kicking is seriously bad.
He is a keeper
And he is right footed
Hugo is by all a counts awful at kicking (I don’t think he is that bad)
I judge keepers like I judge defenders... on their core role first and foremost
Stopping goals
John stones is world class this season apparently... look at him tonight
roostered up the basics

For me 2 top CB's and a solid RB should be priority. There seems to be a lot of interest in some of our players(Sanchez-Sevilla; Aurier, Dele-PSG; Winks-Valencia etc). Defense has been poor and we need to address it ASAP. Maybe a Dybala-Dele swap might not be a bad idea also?

For me 2 top CB's and a solid RB should be priority. There seems to be a lot of interest in some of our players(Sanchez-Sevilla; Aurier, Dele-PSG; Winks-Valencia etc). Defense has been poor and we need to address it ASAP. Maybe a Dybala-Dele swap might not be a bad idea also?

As above, in theory I agree but ..

- I don't see us getting 2 "finished product" CBs in one window, so likely 1 +keep some of existing set
- Yes, defence is the priority, I'd say FBs need addressing as well (especially if Aurier goes)
- Really not sure where Dybala fits (not saying we shouldn't buy) but really we would have to have a role for him.

Back