• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think it’s pretty obvious Kane would likely leave given the choice but a certain Mr Levy and the fee he’d command makes it unlikely....

I think it’s pretty obvious Kane would likely leave given the choice but a certain Mr Levy and the fee he’d command makes it unlikely....

Honestly mate = flimflam

Kane could have left multiple times, multiple years, the reason other clubs haven't been sniffing every window is because his agent has clearly sent a message. Far lesser players have forced a move when they wanted it.

He may still chose to do so one day, but lets not pretend Levy has him locked in the fudging basement or something.

I know it's impossible to understand in this narrative driven world, but maybe he likes it here?

Honestly mate = flimflam

Kane could have left multiple times, multiple years, the reason other clubs haven't been sniffing every window is because his agent has clearly sent a message. Far lesser players have forced a move when they wanted it.

He may still chose to do so one day, but lets not pretend Levy has him locked in the fudging basement or something.

I know it's impossible to understand in this narrative driven world, but maybe he likes it here?
I have never thought he would think about leaving before now. He’s approaching his peak, he has one last massive contract left in him and the fact one of the most successful managers in the history of the game has come here and still not been able to turn us into trophy winners I have no doubt in my mind he is questioning why should he stay. He knows he should be winning the big trophies, and he comes across as an ambitious man. Does he love Spurs? I’ve no doubt. I don’t envisage him forcing a move which will enhance the likelihood of him staying.

Who said anything about Levy locking Kane in the basement? Fact is he will demand a very big fee that in the current climate it is likely no one will risk paying for a guy who has persistent injury problems....

I have never thought he would think about leaving before now. He’s approaching his peak, he has one last massive contract left in him and the fact one of the most successful managers in the history of the game has come here and still not been able to turn us into trophy winners I have no doubt in my mind he is questioning why should he stay. He knows he should be winning the big trophies, and he comes across as an ambitious man. Does he love Spurs? I’ve no doubt. I don’t envisage him forcing a move which will enhance the likelihood of him staying.

Who said anything about Levy locking Kane in the basement? Fact is he will demand a very big fee that in the current climate it is likely no one will risk paying for a guy who has persistent injury problems....
His injury problems are getting a bit exaggerated now. Yes, he's had some issues with his ankles, but last season was the only one since his breakthrough that he didn't play in over 35 games. He's played in 40 already this season. Throw internationals on top of that it's a lot of games for an injury-prone player.

I reckon Kane earns about £400k a week with his sponsorship money on top of his wages
He can earn more, no doubt. But how much does one person need?
And of course, someone had to offer us £150m and Kane a 5 year contract on about £400k a week plus bonuses to go with the fee
That’s a £250m commitment for a player who would be 33 at the end of it

I reckon Kane earns about £400k a week with his sponsorship money on top of his wages
And of course, someone had to offer us £150m and Kane a 5 year contract on about £400k a week plus bonuses to go with the fee
Yeah, I said if it was down to Kane he would leave - not that he will be leaving. Really don’t see what the big deal is in saying that, he’s one of the best players in the world and an ambitious guy. Spurs have not been matching his ambitions for some time and he deserves the best for all his hard work over the years....

We are all guessing on what Kane will or not do, my opinion is it would not surprise me if he decides he wants to go to a team that will win trophys ( i could not blame him if he does). But as others have said he may not want to leave either.

Honestly mate = flimflam

I really hope these stories are true because I had visions of him going this summer and wouldn’t have blamed him. It kinda tinkles me off when I see people saying we should sell him. I’d keep him forever given the choice. Some things go beyond money and he’s shown us great loyalty so I’d give it back to him and then some even if selling him meant we could get a GK and two CBs. It helps that he’s the best player I’ve ever seen in our shirt if not necessarily the most talented.

Great lad, incredible player and top pro.

I don’t think it’s about the money for Kane.

If ever a player deserved to win trophies its Harry Kane, he gives his all, has a great football brain, fabulous technique and behaves in the exact manner anyone would want from a role model, in any other country he would be a national hero and with a few other clubs in this country he would be portrayed as a world class player by the media. He's unlikely to achieve what he deserves with us as at present we're miles away from winning things. I hope he stays and beats all our goal scoring records but I wouldnt begrudge him leaving after what hes done for us.

I think he's focused on winning with England rather than at a different club.
If a good offer comes in, of course he'll be interested.
But he is also smart enough to understand the importance of stability and will have seen enough players of his standing move somewhere new and flop because the fit isn't right.
We always in a way that suits Kane - I can't think of many top clubs that would alter their tactics, which only leaves ones where he slots in effortlessly.

I think these are all the details that ultimately make it unlikely that he will leave not forgetting the state of the world economy and the knock on effect this is going to have on club's abilities to make these sort of signings.

Unless he has a 'gentleman's agreement' with Levy in place to accept a significantly less fee than £100m I don't see it happening.

Realistically where does he go to 'guarantee' a trophy:

Emirates Marketing Project? They could afford him and will need a striker. Probably depends whether they can secure a deal for Haaland.
Man Utd? Is there a GUARANTEE of a trophy i.e. a Premier League or Champions League.
Bayern? Not sure they're looking to replace Lewandowski with a 28 year old?
PSG? Would require moving at least one of Neymar or Mbappe presumably. The reunification with Poch may be appealing and they could afford him but if he's going to Paris its to win the Champions League.
Real Madrid? Not sure the state of their finances?
Barcelona? Just doesnt fit their strategtic direction to pay £100+ for a 28 year old
Chelsea? At the merest hint of it Levy adds a '0' to the fee.

It's only PSG and Man C that make me nervous but I think a lot has to happen in advance of this with regards to Haaland to open up the possibility.

I think he's focused on winning with England rather than at a different club.
If a good offer comes in, of course he'll be interested.
But he is also smart enough to understand the importance of stability and will have seen enough players of his standing move somewhere new and flop because the fit isn't right.
We always in a way that suits Kane - I can't think of many top clubs that would alter their tactics, which only leaves ones where he slots in effortlessly.
Kane would easily adapt to most systems. The only systems he couldn't adapt to are ones were he needs pace

Back