• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Great player though.

The player Bale is now reminds me of Waddle, that is why the criticism is strange.

The way he cuts inside to cross or shoot, sends crossfield passes, heading ability when central as well as the way he gets stage fright when tracking back :)

Last edited:
The player Bale is now reminds me of Waddle, that is why the criticism is strange.

The way he cuts inside to cross or shoot, sends crossfield passes, heading ability when central as well as the way he gets stage fright when tracking back :)

I loved Waddle and would have him my team everyday, he took a lot of stick when he first came because of his movement and looking disinterested but he was class for sure.

Bale must see what’s happening to Hazard and be thankful that he got to enjoy a few glorious years of unprecedented success at Madrid before the injury curse struck.

Article here about Bale's motivations:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/gareth-bale-jose-mourinho-tottenham-23798965

Whilst the quality of the paper is pretty low, the comments from Bale about why he came back to Spurs (to be fit for the Euros) can be read in a pretty damning way and, if you want to, you can take those comments and draw a clear link to Bale putting in seemingly little effort for the first half of the season as his fitness built up and being ready for the summer.

We obviously cant prove whehter this is putting 2 + 2 and getting 5, and obviously there's obviously the quesiton on whether, even if this is true, what will his motivations be next year

I don't take Jose's side on too many things, but his handling of Bale seems about right to me so far

Article here about Bale's motivations:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/gareth-bale-jose-mourinho-tottenham-23798965

Whilst the quality of the paper is pretty low, the comments from Bale about why he came back to Spurs (to be fit for the Euros) can be read in a pretty damning way and, if you want to, you can take those comments and draw a clear link to Bale putting in seemingly little effort for the first half of the season as his fitness built up and being ready for the summer.

We obviously cant prove whehter this is putting 2 + 2 and getting 5, and obviously there's obviously the quesiton on whether, even if this is true, what will his motivations be next year

I don't take Jose's side on too many things, but his handling of Bale seems about right to me so far

Guess we shouldn’t be too surprised that a player who effectively went on strike in order to force a move away from our club really doesn’t give 2 figs about Tottenham.

A fantastic talent no doubt but Bale is a cynical mercenary of the highest order and I doubt he will pull his finger out until Barnett needs to negotiate another lucrative contract.

'I’ll take it to another perspective,being Welsh myself,whose seen Bale play at all home games and some away too,he loves playing for his country,as he says it’s like playing with all his best mates when he comes home. The hunger is still there definitely 400%.The flag he was seen dancing with ,Wales,golf,Madrid blah blah,was joke to him that he got but not those miserable Madrid fans who got annoyed like a bunch of Karen’s..
I think this virus put a spoke in his plans,with the postponement of the Euro’s,he would have played,his part big style,Wales were suppose to play Italy in Rome,if had turned it on against them,he would have numerous Italian clubs after him,he would have left Madrid afterwards and gone to Italy on loan or if not the USA maybe,to Beckham’s mob.
Bale ambition is to play in the World Cup too,so with Qatar in 2022,he be around for a couple years still, but he knows he needs to play,he won’t sit around at Madrid and put his Wales place in jeopardy,there are Nations games coming up in September and October,England friendly too,he’ll want to play in those,then there’s the Euros next year with World Cup qualifying games thrown in too.
This man can turn games in a second,when was the last player we had like that.....oh yeah Bale a few years back,yeah it won’t be every week but he’s top top top class as Harry would say(sorry for swearing there oops!!)If a deal can be done,if we pay even half his wages,that’s only £10 million for a season,peanuts really.

I wrote this back in August ,it was so clear what his intentions were if people couldn't see that at the time well they should wake up and stop throwing their toys about.....he needed to play games and get fit,perhaps if we had a different manager with a different ego things may have been different. I think he should have played more and he could have, i feel now Jose will tinkle him about now,and make sure he doesnt get much game time. If we don't get champs league or europa football next year jose be gone, hopefully gareth will come back next year under different circumstances and play a bigger part.

The sheer controversy of a footballer admitting they came on loan to a football club to play football. Disgusting attitude. And how dare he state the length of the loan being one season, when it was indeed a season long loan.

The usual bright sparks getting worked up by the negative slant as usual, whipped up in a frenzy by the likes of the daily mail needing to make something out of nothing as they're bored.

Last edited:
The sheer controversy of a footballer admitting they came on loan to a football club to play football. Disgusting attitude. And how dare he state the length of the loan being one season, when it was indeed a season long loan.

The usual bright sparks getting worked up by the negative slant as usual, whipped up in a frenzy by the likes of the daily mail needing to make something out of nothing as they're bored.

Who is getting worked up or whipped into a frenzy?

Bale was a wonderful player for us and went on to develop as a world class player at Madrid, hes a better player now but has lost than lightning pace, he has a much wide range of passes than all but Kane. I think hes wasted on the wing but not sure hes got the engine to play midfield. If he goes back I'll be disappointed but we need to look to the future.

Gareth Bale - initially thought that he could motivate the boys however right now after the interview - I can only laugh.

One team but full of people with different agenda. Dude still sees Spurs as a stepping stone. No mention of wanting to help the club achieve their goals this year just plain - build fitness, play for one year, bye bye. Oh well the feeling is mutual especially as his speech means that now we don't know if we can depend on him in a fight. I cant see Jose trusting him in games where he needs players to give over one hundred%. In fairness, neither would I.

Gareth Bale - initially thought that he could motivate the boys however right now after the interview - I can only laugh.

One team but full of people with different agenda. Dude still sees Spurs as a stepping stone. No mention of wanting to help the club achieve their goals this year just plain - build fitness, play for one year, bye bye. Oh well the feeling is mutual especially as his speech means that now we don't know if we can depend on him in a fight. I cant see Jose trusting him in games where he needs players to give over one hundred%. In fairness, neither would I.
Agree, in fact I'd rather have a squad of poorer players giving their all, all the time than world class players not giving a flying f. That's one of the things I loved about the Poch team in their prime, you more often than not knew what you were going to get. The results didn't always go our way, but the effort was there. You always had the feeling that we could turn things around, even with 5 minutes to go. Nowadays it's mostly boring, like watching training sessions with the odd glimpse of brilliance.

Nice sentiment about poorer players giving their all, but do you really want Winks, Sissoko and Lamela as your midfield?

I agree with you. I think it'll be a difficult call about whether we sign Bale though....and there are more options that Bale, or the combo which you mention!

Paying Bale £200k pw is £10m p.a. Unless Bale performs well for the remaining months, I can see us preferring to, say, sign an up and coming wide forward for £20m and pay him £5m p.a. in wages rather than signing Bale.

Back