• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I'm actually looking forward to giving it a go
In Insurance there are always big projects continuously going on and with 25 years plus of Insurance knowledge, process and system knowledge I think I'll be able to get work
As I said before the sheer level of halfwits we continually get in around projects currently is ridiculous
I know of one bloke on £650 a day and he basically makes changes to Power BI reports based on daily feedback, insanity
I’ve contracted for 11 years now
Worked for all the big players in my sector and doubt I would ever go perm
If you need any advice or links drop me a line
Get a good accountant
Check your IR35 status and the double check it
If your doing a man power substitute job you will likely fall inside IR35 and be taxed as such
But as I say I love it

I’ve contracted for 11 years now
Worked for all the big players in my sector and doubt I would ever go perm
If you need any advice or links drop me a line
Get a good accountant
Check your IR35 status and the double check it
If your doing a man power substitute job you will likely fall inside IR35 and be taxed as such
But as I say I love it
I'm aware of IR35 but not in great detail might pick you're brains about it if that's ok

I'm aware of IR35 but not in great detail might pick you're brains about it if that's ok
Yeah of course
Basically the employer has to judge if your doing the job of a permanent member of staff. If so it’s inside and taxed as a member of staff plus you would also pay employers NI too if your through an umbrella

aren't they binning off contracting now though? Well, the business rate tax level you could charge and make a fortune for basically (surprises me as a very non-Tory type policy implemented by them).

I should have looked at contracting back in the day, don't think i'd do it now personally.

I GOT A fudging JOB TODAY!!
After 8 months and 23 days without a job, about 100 job applications and 3 interviews, I finally landed a job! Feels like 100kg's were lifted off my shoulders, as this is the last month I still get paid by my previous employer.
Starting a new chapter after Easter. It's not a very fancy job, and not something I will like to do for a long time, but atm I don't fudging care! I just want to do something and be able to put food on the table and pay the bills. I still have a dusin of applications that I haven't received an answer to yet that are more attractive, and now that I landed a job I'll probably get one of them too! That's usually how it works. When it rains it pours :)
Anyway, couldn't be happier!
Oh, and we're having another baby too, just to top it off! :)

Last edited:
After 8 months and 23 days without a job, about 100 job applications and 3 interviews, I finally landed a job! Feels like 100kg's were lifted off my shoulders, as I this is the last month I still get paid by my previous employer.
Starting a new chapter after Easter. It's not a very fancy job, and not something I will like to do for a long time, but atm I don't fudging care! I just want to do something and be able to put food on the table and pay the bills. I still have a dusin of applications that I haven't received an answer to yet that are more attractive, and now that I landed a job I'll probably get one of them too! That's usually how it works. When it rains it pours :)

Great news mate, onwards and upwards.

After 8 months and 23 days without a job, about 100 job applications and 3 interviews, I finally landed a job! Feels like 100kg's were lifted off my shoulders, as I this is the last month I still get paid by my previous employer.

Congratulations on the new job, glad it worked out eventually. And congratulations on the forthcoming baby - seems like the time off work wasn't totally unproductive then :)

Nice one mate. Good news all around.

After 8 months and 23 days without a job, about 100 job applications and 3 interviews, I finally landed a job! Feels like 100kg's were lifted off my shoulders, as this is the last month I still get paid by my previous employer.

Well done mate!!!

congratulations on all fronts mate!

I believe the correct wording is Mazel Tov!

So had a second round interview (internal) last week and thought it went really well, got an automated email today to say i have not made it through. Pretty gutting as desperate for a new role, and whilst this was not my no 1 preference, the role looked good. Generally am good at interviewing so a bit of a kick on the balls.

Waiting to hear for another internal role but the longer that takes, makes me think there's a reason. back to the drawing board.

Yeah of course
Basically the employer has to judge if your doing the job of a permanent member of staff. If so it’s inside and taxed as a member of staff plus you would also pay employers NI too if your through an umbrella
The tax stuff all makes sense. What I don’t follow is why you would need an umbrella if you’re inside.

So had a second round interview (internal) last week and thought it went really well, got an automated email today to say i have not made it through. Pretty gutting as desperate for a new role, and whilst this was not my no 1 preference, the role looked good. Generally am good at interviewing so a bit of a kick on the balls.

Waiting to hear for another internal role but the longer that takes, makes me think there's a reason. back to the drawing board.

You get an automated rejection email for an internal role? That doesn't sound very "Talent Team*" friendly.
(*One of the current buzzwords for the recruitment bit of HR ).

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Is it worth getting feedback, or do you think they already had someone in mind and it was just going through the motions?

Yeah of course
Was looking into Umbrella's yesterday
Used some take home pay calculators and there was a huge difference between being a limited company and being through the Umbrella (obviously as you have to do your own tax etc with a limited company)

I've been recommended this firm

https://www.paystream.co.uk/

They also do lots of other services like Pension salary sacrifices and your expenses/tax returns, sick and holiday paid too

Back