• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I only found out last night.my wife checks the joint account transactions from which broadband goes out and I guess I just thought I was paying for that myself.

It’s a bit brick though they would have known there was zero a to it’s on that account and that the contract address did not match the banking address.

I’ll write to them though they should really give me some money back. Worth a try.

threaten them with legal challenge and CC your local MP. A while back BT done a proper number on my inlaws after fudging up the Broadband installation, when we cancelled they charged the whole year up front.

Anyway, CC'd in local MP on behalf of inlaws (just to show i was tinkled, wasn't expecting anything), got a full refund almost immediately. Then, few weeks later, got an apologising call from 'The Chairman's Office at BT' - turns out the local MP wrote a gonad*ing to the CEO of BT :D

threaten them with legal challenge and CC your local MP. A while back BT done a proper number on my inlaws after fudging up the Broadband installation, when we cancelled they charged the whole year up front.

Anyway, CC'd in local MP on behalf of inlaws (just to show i was tinkled, wasn't expecting anything), got a full refund almost immediately. Then, few weeks later, got an apologising call from 'The Chairman's Office at BT' - turns out the local MP wrote a gonad*ing to the CEO of BT :D

OK - it does amount to a lot of money.
Edit to say thank you!

OK - it does amount to a lot of money.
Edit to say thank you!

also add the financial ombudsman, again, it's just to kick up a fuss. Make sure an official written complaint goes in, usually they have a comlpaints email and then you can CC in the others but make sure it's not BCC, you want it to be visible to them.

Would also kick up a fuss on the address being different, saying you're greatly concerned that their "fraud checks didn't pick up on this as surely should have been flagged"? Lastly, another fuss is if this is happening to you, surely it's happening to others? What if it's some old pensioner?

Listen, it might end up nowhere, but official complaints have to get tracked, recorded in big companies (and if you open an official complaint you also have to 'close' it at some point), so aged complaints also cause a problem.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Chief Grumpypants.

I only found out last night.my wife checks the joint account transactions from which broadband goes out and I guess I just thought I was paying for that myself.

It’s a bit brick though they would have known there was zero a to it’s on that account and that the contract address did not match the banking address.

I’ll write to them though they should really give me some money back. Worth a try.
Their is an ombudsman too that used to be pretty sensible

My eldest is doing my head in at the moment, all day every day want, want, want, want, want
She is 12 soon, it would be ok if she did some jobs around the house to earn some cash but nope it's a constant verbage, does my swede in

HR rang me today to apologise for giving me the wrong information not once but twice
I have also been asked to stay until the End Aug to help out with a transition project
I'm happy with that as it gives me 5 more full pay days, will be extra in my payout and give me more time to get myself sorted from a future work basis
Looking like I'll get my redundancy pay out in August then stay on for another year on projects as a contractor
That's awesome and mean I can cut my teeth in the contracting world in a place that I know like the back of my hand, win win

Looking like I'll get my redundancy pay out in August then stay on for another year on projects as a contractor
That's awesome and mean I can cut my teeth in the contracting world in a place that I know like the back of my hand, win win

Good end result mate.

I left my last perm job about 10 years ago to become a consultant. Ended up going back to the same company after a couple years on a contract basis and have been with them ever since. Way more money and none of the responsibility. Win Win

Good end result mate.

I left my last perm job about 10 years ago to become a consultant. Ended up going back to the same company after a couple years on a contract basis and have been with them ever since. Way more money and none of the responsibility. Win Win
I know, it sounds almost too good to be true !!!
Some of the clowns they have in currently to do projects can't even tie their own shoe laces up and are on £650 a day plus, the mind boggles

Nice one, I never get why companies do this. at Great for you but why don't they just just keep you on longer?

Nice one, I never get why companies do this. at Great for you but why don't they just just keep you on longer?
Because if the company is looking to downsize, re-structure, or become leaner they have to start the cull at some point and Marky becomes a useful 'no rights' flexible contractor for them.

'Looking like' (believe me) has zero guarantees it'll actually happen, but if some projects that at that time do come along they have someone on tap they know can do what's asked.

Plus your day rate might look a lot but it depends what has to come out of that that is now your responsibility.

Because if the company is looking to downsize, re-structure, or become leaner they have to start the cull at some point and Marky becomes a useful 'no rights' flexible contractor for them.

'Looking like' (believe me) has zero guarantees it'll actually happen, but if some projects that at that time do come along they have someone on tap they know can do what's asked.

Plus your day rate might look a lot but it depends what has to come out of that that is now your responsibility.
You're bang on with the first sentence, the company has decided to restructure and get rid of a load of middle management (of which I was one)
I've seen the projects portfolio for the next couple of years and there is so much work to be done, the FCA/PRA are constantly adding to this project work too
It will be easier for them to keep me on as I know people and process so would hit the ground running rather than getting in somebody new at the same day rate as me who would take 3 months to get up to speed

You're bang on with the first sentence, the company has decided to restructure and get rid of a load of middle management (of which I was one)
I've seen the projects portfolio for the next couple of years and there is so much work to be done, the FCA/PRA are constantly adding to this project work too
It will be easier for them to keep me on as I know people and process so would hit the ground running rather than getting in somebody new at the same day rate as me who would take 3 months to get up to speed
Good luck with whatever happens Marky...you may find the contracting world suits you, many do.

Good luck with whatever happens Marky...you may find the contracting world suits you, many do.
I'm actually looking forward to giving it a go
In Insurance there are always big projects continuously going on and with 25 years plus of Insurance knowledge, process and system knowledge I think I'll be able to get work
As I said before the sheer level of halfwits we continually get in around projects currently is ridiculous
I know of one bloke on £650 a day and he basically makes changes to Power BI reports based on daily feedback, insanity

got fake grass put down in the garden couple of years back (so much nicer now).

Anyway, now thinking of finishing the garden off, bit of slab work and levelling an area for a kids play area for the boys. Any suggestions of what else i could do? want the garden to be a bit more inviting and nicer? Have dinner out there etc.

Anyway, now thinking of finishing the garden off, bit of slab work and levelling an area for a kids play area for the boys. Any suggestions of what else i could do? want the garden to be a bit more inviting and nicer? Have dinner out there etc.
Fire pit? Hammock? Custard station?

Wooden pergola with retractable canopy.

Back