• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

You have to remember it’s his first season in this country. Even more than that, he has had sod all minutes in the PL. For him to come in from the cold when he’s only played games against average at best level opposition in the EL and expect him to be performing straight away is unrealistic. He clearly had an eye for goal and is more than good enough to be a deputy for Kane.
Another positive was that we looked dangerous without having Bale and Son on the pitch, there is something to work with here....

A very good match from Vinny yesterday, and a fine goal.

I chuckled a bit at the replay of the celebration, quite a bit of emotion there. And almost missed the goal with the slap! :) Wouldn’t that given the critics wind in their sails? «Yeah, sure, he scores, but he can’t slap the post from 6 inches out!»

I really liked the effort, workrate and most of all, that his precense up front did that whenever Kane dropped deep, as he will, we still were able to stretch them and not allowing them to overload that easily from behind.

You have to remember it’s his first season in this country. Even more than that, he has had sod all minutes in the PL. For him to come in from the cold when he’s only played games against average at best level opposition in the EL and expect him to be performing straight away is unrealistic. He clearly had an eye for goal and is more than good enough to be a deputy for Kane.
Another positive was that we looked dangerous without having Bale and Son on the pitch, there is something to work with here....
Hopefully a reasonable transfer fee can be agreed.

So long as the things he does well is put the ball in the back of the net, which he does,* I think I can live with the rest! :D

*According to BBC stats only Iheanacho currently has a higher conversion rate among scorers with ten or more for PL clubs in all competitions. #Johnny on the spot.
Farmers league goals and the game against marine will bump the stats up
But their the games he played in so he can only be judged there too

Farmers league goals and the game against marine will bump the stats up
But their the games he played in so he can only be judged there too
Of course. But I was picking up on you saying he does some things well. You did not qualify the level. So what things does he do well if they do not include getting into scoring positions and converting chances?

Of course. But I was picking up on you saying he does some things well. You did not qualify the level. So what things does he do well if they do not include getting into scoring positions and converting chances?
Surely you have to qualify it vs the opposition
I mean midweek whenever he came in he was awful, truly awful (yeah no one was good)
And that was his first EL game vs a decent ish side
Yesterday his first half was poor but he scored a tap in, so did that right
Second half was much better all round
Scoring is big part of what strikers there to do but again there are levels of opposition to factor in for that. Against a decent side like vIlla yesterday his hold up play and control was really bad and that’s the best team he has faced. That’s the level to judge him on, not Marine in the cup

A very good match from Vinny yesterday, and a fine goal.

I chuckled a bit at the replay of the celebration, quite a bit of emotion there. And almost missed the goal with the slap! :) Wouldn’t that given the critics wind in their sails? «Yeah, sure, he scores, but he can’t slap the post from 6 inches out!»

I really liked the effort, workrate and most of all, that his precense up front did that whenever Kane dropped deep, as he will, we still were able to stretch them and not allowing them to overload that easily from behind.
:D

Surely you have to qualify it vs the opposition
I mean midweek whenever he came in he was awful, truly awful (yeah no one was good)
And that was his first EL game vs a decent ish side
Yesterday his first half was poor but he scored a tap in, so did that right
Second half was much better all round
Scoring is big part of what strikers there to do but again there are levels of opposition to factor in for that. Against a decent side like vIlla yesterday his hold up play and control was really bad and that’s the best team he has faced. That’s the level to judge him on, not Marine in the cup

The issue or real comparison for me? I can give you almost every backup striker Spurs has had since Kane has been established himself that haven't been able to match Vini even against the non PL/Cup/Europa opposition.

Guy has got 10 goals in a brick season, he's allowed some combination of Kane/Son to be not required/covered in 21 games and knows how to get into dangerous positions at any level.

Probably first time he started with first 11, needs to adapt, needs to be stronger (ref didn't help, fudging CB absolutely kneed him in back at one point = no call), needs to realize his first touch has to be good at this level every time

My view remains the same, provided there is some negotiation in the price, with all the other squad work we need to do this summer, we absolutely should go for this guy.

Last edited:
Signing him up is a no brainer. He is by a great distance the best and most suited backup striker we've had in the Kane era. I'm not so confident that we can get better that suits so well. I'd rather the devil we know at this point.

Depends on the price.
He was dreadful/lucky*/combative

*big positive

Agreed. I dont think he's brilliant, and would prefer someone younger just so that they have more potential, but we do need a back-up CF and he seems settled and to get on with others in the squad so if the price is right, he's acceptable.

This guy has a year left on his contract (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odsonne_Édouard) and would seem a better bet to me given he might have more scope for growth and possibly cheaper given the contract situation

Agreed. I dont think he's brilliant, and would prefer someone younger just so that they have more potential, but we do need a back-up CF and he seems settled and to get on with others in the squad so if the price is right, he's acceptable.

This guy has a year left on his contract (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odsonne_Édouard) and would seem a better bet to me given he might have more scope for growth and possibly cheaper given the contract situation
100% a good signing and gamble for the right team
I think he will end up at Leicester myself as he has good history with Rogers and Leicester want another striker

My relatives in Scotland rate him, might be getable as Celtic need to rebuild and hes their only sellable asset.

Back