• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Is Sanchez not pushing up to stay in line with the rest of the defence? So when he sees the pass, he has to run the opposite way his momentum is taking him, Lacazette gets a head start on him, and he still gets back in time to attempt a block?
It is why transition is so dangerous. At the point Arsenal win that ball we are not in defensive mode. Arsenal only need one early pass to get Lacazette in on goal which doesn’t give enough time for our defence to get back into defensive mode. The pass was a brilliant one and Lacazette’s control was also incredible, even then Sanchez almost recovered and did enough to put Lacazette off enough so that he had an air shot.

Another good game from him today.

I just don't see what you see. He seems rash and mistake prone, even when those mistake (like today don't Cost us). But you have actually been involved in the game at a professional level and Jose keeps picking him, so maybe I'm just wrong.

I just don't see what you see. He seems rash and mistake prone, even when those mistake (like today don't Cost us). But you have actually been involved in the game at a professional level and Jose keeps picking him, so maybe I'm just wrong.
To my eyes he was inconsistent today. Some mistakes, some cheap and silly fouls given away, and some stellar positioning, speed and solid defending. And as the most experienced PL player in a new back line.

I think he was punished a couple of times for just being stronger and having Villa players bounce off of him. Ref had an erratic game.

That to me is one of his biggest flaws. He is weak so he lashes out and shoves forwards because he knows he can’t handle them physically. He got upended by Ilkay freakin Gundogan recently who is hardly Drogba. And as others have said, he makes mistakes practically every game even when he’s playing well. Not all of them get punished but for me he’s far too inept to be a long term solution. I’d play him and either Toby or Rodon until the end of the season then put him in the shop window in the summer.

That to me is one of his biggest flaws. He is weak so he lashes out and shoves forwards because he knows he can’t handle them physically. He got upended by Ilkay freakin Gundogan recently who is hardly Drogba. And as others have said, he makes mistakes practically every game even when he’s playing well. Not all of them get punished but for me he’s far too inept to be a long term solution. I’d play him and either Toby or Rodon until the end of the season then put him in the shop window in the summer.

In previous games yes, but I don't think that was the case last night.

In previous games yes, but I don't think that was the case last night.

Gave away two cheap free kicks in the first half last night because he’s not strong enough or clever enough to take the ball from his opponent without fouling them. He’s the polar opposite of Ledley King who Thierry Henry famously said was the only defender he came up against who could take the ball from him without giving a foul away.

Gave away two cheap free kicks in the first half last night because he’s not strong enough or clever enough to take the ball from his opponent without fouling them. He’s the polar opposite of Ledley King who Thierry Henry famously said was the only defender he came up against who could take the ball from him without giving a foul away.
One was a free kick nod the other looked a poor decision by the ref to me (Villa player was doing the pushing and bounced off). When a CB is faced up one on one in a wide area a free kick to the opposition isn’t actually the worst outcome.

Keep

Needs a coach who can help but has all the raw materials.
What raw materials do you see?

He has limited technical ability on the ball, the simplest control and pass take a lot of effort
He’s also not physically strong and we see him lose shoulder to shoulder challenges.
Not a great reader of the game
Has an uncanny nack of not completing clearances

His strengths are

he is quite quick for a centre back.

He has limited technical ability on the ball, the simplest control and pass take a lot of effort
He’s also not physically strong and we see him lose shoulder to shoulder challenges.

His strengths are

That's a start:cool:

His strengths are

I would flip quite quick and call him ... not slow

Back