• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interesting. I can think of probably around 6 players who I suspect could be the lads Lloris was referring to the other night. I won't name them because it's wild speculation on my part based on very little but I'll be interested to see who gets dropped entirely.

FWIW, I thought we had a decent set of pros. I looked at Dele and saw a lad probably with personal issues but was holding his tongue despite being humiliated by the manager or a lad like Ben Davies who seems like a top pro and consistent player who was often out of the side. Not saying those two are a problem but I thought most of our players were professional enough to deal with being out of the side. Lloris certainly blew that opinion out of the water in the week. Very disappointing.

Lifting a rumour from another site that the side is:

Hugo
Tanganga
Rodon
Sanchez
Reguilon
Hjobjerg
Ndombele
GLC
Moura
Kane
Vinicius

No Toby or Aurer.

Could be flimflam.

A chance for Lloris and Kane to backup their words from in the week.

Not as drastic a change as I was hoping for.

Lifting a rumour from another site that the side is:

Hugo
Tanganga
Rodon
Sanchez
Reguilon
Hjobjerg
Ndombele
GLC
Moura
Kane
Vinicius

No Toby or Aurer.

Could be flimflam.

If that’s the team I like it, but my feathers remain unruffled.
Bench might be more ruffling

This is another must-win match for us. After the disappointing defeat to Arsenal and Dinamo Zagreb, we badly need to get back to winning ways. We have a good record against Villa, winning our last 5 matches against them in all competitions. We also have an excellent away record against Villa as we have won 8 and drawn 2 of our last 10 matches against them since 2008. We need to make use of that good record to get the badly needed win in this match. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Villa and get back into the top 4 race.

A chance for Lloris and Kane to backup their words from in the week.

Not as drastic a change as I was hoping for.

Lloris is our best GK, Sanchez and Reguilon have been among our better performers at the back, Ndombele and Højbjerg are nailed on starters, Moura is a hard worker, Kane our best player.

Our main problem is our frail defence and lack of quality in certain positions, especially if you start the backups. Hoping to see a bunch of youth players on the bench.

Agreed, but no sign of Winks, Sissoko or Dier is a start.
None of those started against goons though. Apart from the fact it came from the lips of Lloris the squad divided message has irked me as there have also been plenty of matches where the ‘first team’ haven’t turned up.
If there really is a message from Mourinho then we need to see some bigger names dropped today. Winks, Dele and Dier missing from bench is hardly a big change in the first eleven of late.

Everybody dance now!

Hope Mourinho will play Alderweireld and Rodon in defence. Surely, Mourinho needs to realize by now that both Sanchez and Dier are too error-prone to play in our defence. Similiarly, we need to find the right balance in midfield and attack as well. Wonder if Lo Celso will be fit enough to start in this match. If he his fit, maybe we can play Hojbjerg and Lo Celso in midfield. Nodmble has been very poor lately. With Son out injured, we have to rely on Kane again for the goals. Want to see Lamela starting as he is one player who works hard for the team every match. Maybe Moura and Bale can start as well despite both being inconsistent lately. Regardless of who starts we badly need them all to give their best to help us. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get that badly needed win to move up the league table.

Lloris is our best GK, Sanchez and Reguilon have been among our better performers at the back, Ndombele and Højbjerg are nailed on starters, Moura is a hard worker, Kane our best player.

Our main problem is our frail defence and lack of quality in certain positions, especially if you start the backups. Hoping to see a bunch of youth players on the bench.

Sanchez, Moura and Reggie I’m happy with, PEH and Kane need a long rest, Ndombele hasn’t been the dominant force he can be (hopefully he’s not used in the base of the MF again at least).

I think we have one young unproven keeper and two with serious flaws close to retirement, that suggests to me that the kid should get a proper chance.

Our main problem is giving the ball away!

ExBfAM1XEAU5aPi

Back