• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure fragile is fair. He's gone from not being fit enough to play, to being fit enough to play for an hour as a #10 to being fit enough to play 90 minutes consecutive games the same week deep in midfield. He's improved his fitness levels massively.

Against Zagreb he was fouled a lot, but kept wanting the ball and taking players on knowing he would probably get fouled again, knowing it could be rough tackles. Even when subbed it was probably about resting him, but because he couldn't go on.

That being said it's probably unfair to expect his fitness levels to be truly top notch. I think that might only happen after another preseason, particularly as he's playing quite a lot these days. He should be managed accordingly.

I think we need him on the bench if we get into trouble though. I suspect he might start though if Mourinho is to be taken seriously on his pre match comments.

I am afraid he is the epitome of fragile . He goes down with a massive scream whenever he receives the smallest touch ( nb not saying that was true in the first leg where he got some real punishment). In addition, mentally he also appears really fragile. He goes missing ( ? hiding) in the big games and while he shows the occasional flash of brilliance, which games has he actually dominated? Given his undoubted talent, I feel he really should be offering us more .

I assume you’ve not watched us play before:D....
I've watched us play plenty of times, unfortunately... But in EL we looked good and I am sure we would have gotten the job done with bench players. But like I suspected, Jose will play our best players and you will wonder why Son can't play more than 15 minutes in a derby without getting injuried.

I'd take this scenario: City wins the league, with Leicester and Manchester United behind, Chelsea on fourth. We win the EuropaLeague-final vs. Arse*al, and Liverpool wins the Champions League.
In one stroke, we revenge Lasagnagate and deny Arse*al CL through EuropaLeague, and deny Chelsea their CL-spot, since no federation can have more than 5 entries.

I'd take this scenario: City wins the league, with Leicester and Manchester United behind, Chelsea on fourth. We win the EuropaLeague-final vs. Arse*al, and Liverpool wins the Champions League.
In one stroke, we revenge Lasagnagate and deny Arse*al CL through EuropaLeague, and deny Chelsea their CL-spot, since no federation can have more than 5 entries.

Rule changed after us mate.

Besides I really can't take the professional victims association winning another CL this decade.

I'd swap your Pool scenario for -> Pool plays PSG in next round, Poch's revenge and PSG's front line tears them apart, record CL loss for Pool.

Rule changed after us mate.

Besides I really can't take the professional victims association winning another CL this decade.

I'd swap your Pool scenario for -> Pool plays PSG in next round, Poch's revenge and PSG's front line tears them apart, record CL loss for Pool.

i think you're are allowed 5 teams in the CL max and with both European cups guaranteeing entry to the winners Junior is right that if ourselves and Liverpool were to win then only 3 league places would qualify

I hope we can indeed get an early goal to settle the nerves. Am looking for Jose to show that he's been working hard on the training ground to work on some form of possession and passing moves when we attack and not just on long balls and breakaways (as useful as they can be).

If we go out tonight, i think our players will mentally be done for the season....

COYS. Please?

PSA: Kick Off is at 5:55pm

Big match. A good chance of a reasonable draw in the next round, and even if we don't win the trophy we've come this bloody far we have to get as far as we can.

COYS!!!

Aurier looks way more excited about that team that I am :)

Pessimist aside, great to see Lo Celso on the bench!
Also, a good chance for Winks. You want games so show us you can help this team.

Aurier looks way more excited about that team that I am :)

Pessimist aside, great to see Lo Celso on the bench!
Also, a good chance for Winks. You want games so show us you can help this team.

Hope he plays with that excitement as he will be our only outlet and link to the forward 4 in that team.

Winks and Sissoko just doesn't work. Let's hope it breaks the mold for once.

I am afraid he is the epitome of fragile . He goes down with a massive scream whenever he receives the smallest touch ( nb not saying that was true in the first leg where he got some real punishment). In addition, mentally he also appears really fragile. He goes missing ( ? hiding) in the big games and while he shows the occasional flash of brilliance, which games has he actually dominated? Given his undoubted talent, I feel he really should be offering us more .

Hmmm i am sure i have heard this about a player we used to have with a similar name.

After the disappointing defeat to Arsenal, we need a good performance and result against Dinamo Zagreb. Wish we had won by more goals in the first leg as 2-0 lead is never safe. We need an early goal to help us settle our nerves. Let's hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get a convincing won to progress to the next round of the Europa League.

Tactics has better be to get an early goal and then take Kane off. This requires a fast start with high intensity. If we couldn't get up for it against the scum, can we for these cloggers?

Back