• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

We had a better record against them under wenger at highbury, when they were actually good and we were brick.
It does feel to me like Everything is reversed now
Their the team trying to step up and make a marker in the game, exactly like we used to do

It does feel to me like Everything is reversed now
Their the team trying to step up and make a marker in the game, exactly like we used to do

yep, but unlike what they used to do, we don’t laugh at their feeble efforts and shove them back into their place with our superior players

Mou Mou says we had a VERY bad first half.
As though this it outside his influence.
If we had a bad first 45 seconds I would expect him to be going crazy on the touchline, screaming at players, ripping his clothes off and teabagging the players.

But no, he just watches it happen for minute 1 and minute 2 and minute 3 and minute 4 and minute 5 and minute 6 and minute 7 and minute 8 and minute 9 and minute 10 and shrugs and then says he expects more intensity.

Poch also used to do this. He said he could tell after a few seconds if the team was up for it.

Surely this is the manager's job, to ensure the team are up for it. There are various methods to achieve this, but you HAVE to make sure your team are up for it.

which is irrational. So is an meaningless excuse!
So you want Levy to keep changing managers until we find one who can break the hoodoo?

As Harry is the only gaffer to take 3 points from this fixture in the past quarter of a century, the previous occasion being way back when Livermore and Clemence were in charge!

And that was almost a decade after our preceding win in this fixture, back when Crooks and Falco got us a 2-1 win under Shreeves’ stewardship.

Last edited:
If we had a bad first 45 seconds I would expect him to be going crazy on the touchline, screaming at players, ripping his clothes off and teabagging the players.

But no, he just watches it happen for minute 1 and minute 2 and minute 3 and minute 4 and minute 5 and minute 6 and minute 7 and minute 8 and minute 9 and minute 10 and shrugs and then says he expects more intensity.

Poch also used to do this. He said he could tell after a few seconds if the team was up for it.

Surely this is the manager's job, to ensure the team are up for it. There are various methods to achieve this, but you HAVE to make sure your team are up for it.
But you can tell very early how the players are going to go
The games we have started well we have won generally
But when have we ever started well at their ground?
We do regularly take the lead just like today but we never win when we do

So you want Levy to keep changing managers until we find one who can break the hoodoo?

As Harry is the only manager to take 3 points from this fixture in the past quarter of a century, the previous occasion being way back when Livermore and Clemence were in charge!

And that was almost a decade after our preceding win in this fixture, back when Crooks and Falcao got us a 2-1 win.

Didn’t we win there thanks to a Klinsmann goal under Ossie too?

Said it in the Jose thread, end part of that interview -> "I belong to the team so I am as guilty for the first half as the players"

Yes, he should have done something but the Son injury probably limited his early sub options, Lamela did make a difference and it looked like we would get out of the first half with a lead. Calculated risk that failed but surely there was some logic (get to half time, regroup, kick on).

He needs to own why the team weren't up for it, especially some of our better players.

A fudging awful performance and the Scum won by a deflected scuffed goal and a dodgy penalty ..

Said it in the Jose thread, end part of that interview -> "I belong to the team so I am as guilty for the first half as the players"

Yes, he should have done something but the Son injury probably limited his early sub options, Lamela did make a difference and it looked like we would get out of the first half with a lead. Calculated risk that failed but surely there was some logic (get to half time, regroup, kick on).

He needs to own why the team weren't up for it, especially some of our better players.

A fudging awful performance and the Scum won by a deflected scuffed goal and a dodgy pelanty ..
That’s the craziest thing
A deflection going straight to Hugo and a penalty call that their own player said was lucky
Be interesting when we play them in the next round of Europa

That’s the craziest thing
A deflection going straight to Hugo and a pelanty call that their own player said was lucky
Be interesting when we play them in the next round of Europa

If we had turned up, we would have won that on a canter ..

But you have to earn the right, we didn't, simple as that.

As much as I'd like to make them eat it in Europe, I'd prefer an easier next round (at least until Son is back), let someone else knock them out ..

If we had turned up, we would have won that on a canter ..

But you have to earn the right, we didn't, simple as that.

As much as I'd like to make them eat it in Europe, I'd prefer an easier next round (at least until Son is back), let someone else knock them out ..
Son will be back in a few weeks IMO
That looked like a precautionary call as he walked off fine and needs that break
I do think we may now move to 4-3-3 with Lo Celso back imminently
It should in theory help us cover bales defensive inadequacies better and also allows tanguy some support
So vs villa it would be something like
Hojdjerg, Tanguy, Lo Celso

bale, Kane, Moura

I read it differently. Admitting it was a very bad first half doesn't mean he isnt admitting culpability. You should ask one question why did removing Son for Lamela improve the team this game? Son even before his injury wasn't playing well and he was grumbling. Players entered that game with the wrong attitude - I accept Mourinho is to blame for selecting Doherty but was Aurier truly fit/available?

You cannot force players to be up for it during the match. You can make the speeches etc but it is up to the players once it starts. Even when coming out, the interest wasn't showing. Were they under pressure? It is after the match you can take disciplinary action. What can one do during the match? Perform attitude surgery? Give them a rollicking? You think Mourinho didn't do that? We need to ask ourselves that question - it is a pattern - why is it in key matches, certain key players don't show up especially when we are touted as favourites.

Jose came here to get a win. Most likely recognised the team was tired so reduced the intensity of pressing. That doesn't excuse how useless we were when key players got the ball. And the attitude of those key players affected the team. Luckily Davinson, Moura and Toby were unaffected. If Lamela hadn't come on, I shudder to think what would have happened.

On another note, I liked Dele today and I think with Son and Lamela out I would definitely give him a go. He showed more interest than certain players.

To me Doherty kills our attack, he is unable to beat his man easily. Lacks pace. His final ball is also lacking quality.

I am probably re-hashing much of what has been said, but that was such an anti-climax of a performance, our chance to be properly in the mix for top-4 and it ends in a damp squid.
I actually thought our back 4 were ok, just disappointing PEH and Ndombele had poor games, and Bale drifted throughout in his time on the pitch - i think this exposed Doherty more than necessary, and any RB would have struggled. Why the aforementioned players had poor games i'm not sure, be it just a bad day, fatigue, been set-up/asked to do too much with the front 4 we started, i am not sure. Most likely a combination of everything i suppose.

Trying to ignore the fact it is Woolwich, the fact we were in with a slim chance of top 4 says more about the state of the league. We aren't very good at the mo, only City are - all other top 4 contenders are flattering to deceive, but still better than us admittedly. Losing away to Woolwich won't be the reason we miss out on top 4, failing to beat Poocastle, Spammers, Fulham at home and Brighton away etc will be

Back