• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

I am
As I’ve said before he is IMO setting the team up to be slightly more attacking down one side
And to do that he will play his more attacking full back with a less attacking one
Poch did it too when we had Walker
It’s why Walker got tinkled off
I get it but I haven't seen Doherty as more defensive or solid than Aurier. It seems like Aurier could play that role just as well if not better imo and has done. But hopefully he's right with Doherty and it works well.

London derbies against Arsenal are always tough matches. Can see this being another tense match. We don't have a good record away at the top 6 clubs in recent years. But all the the teams seem to be struggling without fans at home this season. So, we must make use of this chance to get a good result at Arsenal. We do have a good record against Arsenal in recent years, winning 3 and drawing 2 of our last 5 matches against them in all competitions. But we have not beaten Arsenal away in the league since 2010. We badly need a win to move up the league table. But since we don't have a good record at Arsenal, a draw will be acceptable. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get at least a draw against Arsenal to stay in the top 4 race.

I'd guess he was either VERY late for a meeting or broke Coronavirus protocols. Arteta is sending a strong message to the whole squad... but wants him on the bench in case he needs him

these are my principles, and this is where they stop

I agree with this. Not sure if it’s tactical but Aurier often ends up being an overlapping outlet, to the point where he can be found with a pass between the centre back and full back, Doherty never seems to be in those positions and his crossing has been disappointing more often than not.

Doherty can't also beat his man. He doesn't have guile or pace. His only ability is to make a good cross and off the ball movement.

I would 'must not lose'

A win would be amazing, but I could live with draw if need be, just don't lose and give them some hope/momentum

More than decent line-up, probably very close to our strongest line-up

I get it but I haven't seen Doherty as more defensive or solid than Aurier. It seems like Aurier could play that role just as well if not better imo and has done. But hopefully he's right with Doherty and it works well.
Auriers attacking game is going wide
Doherty success at wolves was him being the extra man
I’d also say that Doherty better crosses have been from deeper angles and Aurier again form being wide
I also think it’s as much Aurier compensating for Davies lack of attacking too in the other set up, not a slight on Aurier (who has arguably been our best defender this season)

Back