• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

We will win if we take our chances and not see the wasteful spurs we have seen over the season.

can see it being fairly high scoring as both teams are good going forward and trash at the back

With Chelsea dropping points today, top 4 is in our own hands now, I think.

Not mathematically, and I also think that West Ham have a big advantage only not having Eurpoean football. Similarly with Everton, though they're losing to Burnley with 15 min left

Not mathematically, and I also think that West Ham have a big advantage only not having Eurpoean football. Similarly with Everton, though they're losing to Burnley with 15 min left

Yes you are right technically but only Wet Spam can stop us and they are at Old Trafford tomorrow so hopefully will get their arses handed to them

Table currently (with Everton having lost at home to Burnley) :

4th Chelsea pl 29 points 51 GD 19
5th Wet Spam pl27 points48 GD 11
6th Everton pl 28 points46 GD 3
7th Spurs pl 27 points 45 GD 18

So assume we win both games in hand, we must ipso facto, then we have equal points but a better GD than Chelsea to take us into 4th.

Yes you are right technically but only Wet Spam can stop us and they are at Old Trafford tomorrow so hopefully will get their arses handed to them

Table currently (with Everton having lost at home to Burnley) :

4th Chelsea pl 29 points 51 GD 19
5th Wet Spam pl27 points48 GD 11
6th Everton pl 28 points46 GD 3
7th Spurs pl 27 points 45 GD 18

So assume we win both games in hand, we must ipso facto, then we have equal points but a better GD than Chelsea to take us into 4th.

Agreed. I think our main hindrence is going to be how we try to juggle the EL and PL and how we use the like of Kane and Ndombele

Away game vs Arsenal on form and who are likely emotionally charged to teach us some 'manners'.

Arsenal should be favorites to win this as it is their stadium. However Spurs will never back down from this challenge. In truth my only worry is that if we win we climb closer to top 4, for some reason when we come to these pivotal moments - some players don't show up.

I pray that isn't the case today as that would be so disappointing. If we play as good as we have played and stop being wasteful, we have a good chance to take all points.

So, if we win, we go 10 points clear of them, but if we lose they're just four points behind us. Hmmm, I wonder how this is going to go. :p

Away game vs Arsenal on form and who are likely emotionally charged to teach us some 'manners'.

Arsenal should be favorites to win this as it is their stadium. However Spurs will never back down from this challenge. In truth my only worry is that if we win we climb closer to top 4, for some reason when we come to these pivotal moments - some players don't show up.

I pray that isn't the case today as that would be so disappointing. If we play as good as we have played and stop being wasteful, we have a good chance to take all points.
I think we're less likely to have players that don't show up for this than at times in the past. We have quite a lot of experience now, we've gotten in some players that are used to big games and who seem to like and want that pressure.

Not saying it won't happen, you never know. But looking at the players likely to start I find it kind of hard to find players likely to not show up. Even during our worst run of form this season there were very few times where the players lacked commitment or didn't show up.

Individual errors though, if we get undone by something that would be my guess.

Kane hat-trick.

f7372b8447bd7f22542fa93df0d85e37.jpeg

Merson, however, thinks that it is Arsenal who are the stronger side and is backing them to claim derby success.

“I think Arsenal are favourites against them this weekend. I really do. If both teams play to the best of their ability I think Arsenal win the game,” Merson wrote in his Daily Star column.

“I think their passing and movement is better. Spurs rely too much on Harry Kane and Son Heung-min, and lately Gareth Bale.

“Arsenal are a different team to the one Spurs beat in December. Bukayo Saka is playing really well. Willian looks like he has turned a corner. Nicolas Pepe had his best game yet against Leicester.

“And Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang is scoring goals again and looks much more confident. Arsenal will have to keep the back door shut, but I give them every chance in this game.”

Merson, however, thinks that it is Arsenal who are the stronger side and is backing them to claim derby success.

“I think Arsenal are favourites against them this weekend. I really do. If both teams play to the best of their ability I think Arsenal win the game,” Merson wrote in his Daily Star column.

“I think their passing and movement is better. Spurs rely too much on Harry Kane and Son Heung-min, and lately Gareth Bale.

“Arsenal are a different team to the one Spurs beat in December. Bukayo Saka is playing really well. Willian looks like he has turned a corner. Nicolas Pepe had his best game yet against Leicester.

“And Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang is scoring goals again and looks much more confident. Arsenal will have to keep the back door shut, but I give them every chance in this game.”

ODDBALL_SAYS.jpg

Paul Merson? You're actually quoting Paul Fcukface Merson? At a time like this, you go for Arsenal's most publicly impaired village idiot for quotes?

With Chelsea dropping points today, top 4 is in our own hands now, I think.
That’s my worry... that and Everton potentially offering a helpful hand.... just the circumstances for Dr Tottenham and Mr Choke to arrive. Still, I’ll go 1- 0 Spurs with the goal from Benjamin Bunny

Back