• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

I agree, arguably England’s best player in 2018.

The list of players not to have bottled a crucial shoot out penalty for England is very short indeed.

I thought ledley was a great cb but he was no leader.
And if you are picking leadership ahead of footballing quality... I can see why our defence is in trouble.

I thought ledley was a great cb but he was no leader.
And if you are picking leadership ahead of footballing quality... I can see why our defence is in trouble.

Leadership is lots of different things. The John Terry aggressive/fear/shouting type is the very least effective.

I'm not saying King was great, but you wouldn't know unless you were in that squad bubble and saw the dynamics. People criticise Lloris the same because he's more quiet, but you can clearly see for example how much Kane reveres him

Leadership is lots of different things. The John Terry aggressive/fear/shouting type is the very least effective.

I'm not saying King was great, but you wouldn't know unless you were in that squad bubble and saw the dynamics. People criticise Lloris the same because he's more quiet, but you can clearly see for example how much Kane reveres him

Welll there are a lot of similarities when King and Loris were leading the defence. at times we looked magnificent and at others we looked like we were in for a drubbing from lesser teams.

Back