• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buckingham Palace emergency

i've long wanted rid of them, before all this brick anyway.

I think it's well worth having a proper debate about it, unfortunately too many people ingrained into thinking they're special and should be kept around because they've been shovelled brick from the media fawning over them for so many years.

Soon as the Queen cops it, bin them all.

I think if anything the royals may have questioned her background story but weren’t racist towards her.
She’s playing the game and is going to be even more wealthy as a result of marrying a Prince.
Didn’t know what she was marrying into? Come on.....
All they wanted was a quiet life so went to Canada and stayed for a month....then went to Hollywood....
Too many holes in her story but it’s great publicity for her

I find it so weird people are so for or against the Royals.

Who gives a toss. The Royals are a bunch of blue blooded tacos and as the post above states Meghan and Harry know exactly what they are doing.

Far more things to worry about. fudge the lot of them .

I think if anything the royals may have questioned her background story but weren’t racist towards her.
She’s playing the game and is going to be even more wealthy as a result of marrying a Prince.
Didn’t know what she was marrying into? Come on.....
All they wanted was a quiet life so went to Canada and stayed for a month....then went to Hollywood....
Too many holes in her story but it’s great publicity for her

But as she's mentioned two of the hot topics du jour (racism and mental health) then she's setting herself up to be something of a victim, but one of whom any questioning can immediately be condemned.

I find it so weird people are so for or against the Royals.

Who gives a toss. The Royals are a bunch of blue blooded tacos and as the post above states Meghan and Harry know exactly what they are doing.

Far more things to worry about. fudge the lot of them .
I agree with the sentiment of your post but then don't really understand your anger towards them if you don't really care.

Almost always, if someone/something has zero affect on me I rarely give it much thought or even waste energy forming an opinion (especially an angry one)

(Although I think they cancelled a Spurs game on that Sunday the day after Diana died...that was bit annoying, no biggy though)

I agree with the sentiment of your post but then don't really understand your anger towards them if you don't really care.

Almost always, if someone/something has zero affect on me I rarely give it much thought or even waste energy forming an opinion (especially an angry one)

(Although I think they cancelled a Spurs game on that Sunday the day after Diana died...that was bit annoying, no biggy though)
No anger towards them at all. They are what they are. They are good for the odd Bank Holiday.

the Royals do impact us though. Our taxes fund them. Fund the repair of their palaces and homes. They literally had laws passed to suit their land ownership so they could continue the flow of money into their own pockets. We're funding for protection for some second cousins and brick who sit on millions but will never get near power.

Get rid of them entirely, they serve no meaningful purpose at all.

People want the monarchy because they've been told their whole lives how wonderful they are, but have never bothered to ever uncover why that is meant to be the case.

Just hope the Queen doesn't kick it during the pandemic, we get two days off work for that, want to be back in the office for sure.

the Royals do impact us though. Our taxes fund them. Fund the repair of their palaces and homes. They non-figuratively had laws passed to suit their land ownership so they could continue the flow of money into their own pockets. We're funding for protection for some second cousins and brick who sit on millions but will never get near power.

Get rid of them entirely, they serve no meaningful purpose at all.

People want the monarchy because they've been told their whole lives how wonderful they are, but have never bothered to ever uncover why that is meant to be the case.

Just hope the Queen doesn't kick it during the pandemic, we get two days off work for that, want to be back in the office for sure.

We pay 2 pounds per person annually.

There is also the argument they generate wealth for the economy. I’m not going to research the full facts. For the sake of two quid a year I’m not worried.

Yes In this day and age their is an argument that it’s out of date and all the other arguments to surrounding the royals .Religion falls into the same category and people still cling on to that.

Last edited:
I do understand We pay for them in taxes. Think it’s about 2 pounds per person annually.

There is also the argument they generate wealth for the economy. I’m not going to research the full facts. For the sake of two quid a year I’m not worried.

Yes In this day and age their is an argument that it’s out of date and all the other arguments . Religion falls into the same category and people still cling on to that.
If we're looking at a benefit/damage perspective, the monarchy are way down a list topped by religion of brick we need rid of.

£2 a person or £67 million in benefits to a family that is already loaded. Its fair to say that is an expense we can do without in a country where grown men want kids to drown in the ocean rather than them to have food and safety.
The class system needs a top tier.

Without the class system we'd be Americans.

I think they are like GHod, a lot of people love them but I'd rather not be in the same room with those people or all the hangers on that go with them.

I don't mind having a royal family, they have no real power and some traditions/history are nice but equallty if they weren't there I wouldn't care either. I don't think they should get the funds they do though, they have obscene wealth in jewellery, art, property, owning the coastline etc that they shouldn't really need taxpayer handouts. I'd like to see how much they actually cost VS what they bring in revenue etc though I guess even if there wasn't a royal family revenue would still be generated.

The UK press can be brutal but on the flipside if they want peace and quiet why move to Hollywood, do an interview with one of the worlds biggest TV starts then sign a deal with Netflix and Spotify.

I'd much rather we didn't have a royal family. The whole concept of hereditary privilege is just plain wrong.

As said earlier there does need to be a discussion as to what could/would replace a constitutional monarchy, but how does that conversation even get started and taken seriously, in a mainstream way, and by whom? I've long thought the royals will eventually fade out of relevance, but it's going to take a good few more generations for that to happen. It's more complicated still with the crown also being head of state of so many commonwealth countries.

I can imagine how difficult it must be for any non-royal marrying into the family, especially these days, and I can also believe a lot of issues come from not just the royals themselves who exist in a bubble of sorts, but from the staff, private secretaries etc. who keep the establishment running according to its archaic traditions and put up barriers to anyone wanting to do things differently.

This particular storm will pass, with a bit more damage chipping away at the structure. But we won't see any change worth talking about for years to come. Maybe once the Queen has died there will be more of a discussion about the role of royalty, but significant change is a long way off.

One simple thing that should change is this absolutely ridiculous notion that people have to bow when meeting royalty. It's feudal and I have no idea why people agree to do it.

One simple thing that should change is this absolutely ridiculous notion that people have to bow when meeting royalty. It's feudal and I have no idea why people agree to do it.
You don't have to bow to royalty any more than you have to respond to someone asking "How do you do?" or thanking someone for a gift or card.

It's just rude not to.

Back