• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace FC ***

So if you consider Kane had a touch in his own half, everyone had a touch and then it’s a worldie first time finish must be a shout for goal of the season as I’m sure I’ve seen it awarded solely for one of those three things!

You missed one criteria, must be from one of Pool, United or City

They can't acknowledge Spurs with Jose actually can play interesting stuff.

I'd normally agree with you, we do like ourselves a spacegoat here.

I'd say, what I've seen is Jose is finding not only the attacking balance but a balance where we can rotate a couple of players without the performance falling off a cliff. But it is becoming clear where the weakest links in The nickname that will never catch on are (painfully so)

Dier, Doherty, Winks, Sissoko, Davies are weakest part of the squad. Does it mean they can't have a good game? = no, they can and we need them to. But does it mean people will probably notice their errors more, forgive it less vs. other players? = sure

I look at today's game re Doherty (and Winks), did I think Doherty had a mare? = no. If I named my best 6 players in the match, is he (or Winks) on the list? = no. Others will probably be more critical, some 3 weeks ago said Bale was washed up ..

I have enjoyed most of our football for the last few weeks, even before the wins, the performances have definitely been on the up, long may it continue
This is how I feel. Delighted with the turnaround, always happy to be wrong about a player or a manager but in the same way you can find positives in defeat there can also be concerns to be mindful of that can be glossed over in victory, especially against slightly lesser opponents.
Jose and the players could not have delivered more in the last few games, which started with improved performances and then into results. If the tactical intent is to to control games and make best use of our attacking players then patience is more likely to be afforded with the continued overhaul of the squad, which I’m sure would be a reasonably unanimous list of players and positions.

This is how I feel. Delighted with the turnaround, always happy to be wrong about a player or a manager but in the same way you can find positives in defeat there can also be concerns to be mindful of that can be glossed over in victory, especially against slightly lesser opponents.
Jose and the players could not have delivered more in the last few games, which started with improved performances and then into results. If the tactical intent is to to control games and make best use of our attacking players then patience is more likely to be afforded with the continued overhaul of the squad, which I’m sure would be a reasonably unanimous list of players and positions.

Agreed, the performances improved -> then the results

To me, the tactical change comes from having Bale fit and the 4th attacker (Lucas/Lamela/Dele vs. sticking previously a Winks/Sissoko there)

But as good as the run is (and it needs to continue), first choice CBs aren't good enough and squad options for certain positions also need lifting )plus we probably now all see the need to keep refreshing)

Doherty was fine today, it just seems that ( once again) s ome fans have made up their minds about certain players and no matter how well they play they will TRY and call them out.
Certain fans have made their minds up to defend a player at all costs.
Some players have more credit in the bank so a rare off performance deserves less scrutiny.
No one wants Doherty to fail and a lot of people were happy to be positive about Sanchez’s recent performances, but just because I am happy we won and it was a sparkling attacking performance doesn’t change the fact he lost his man for the only cross of the first half, that cost us a goal, lost a 50/50 on midfield and then got knocked over by a guy smaller than him or had a Emirates Marketing Project esq stumble in the box when trying to defend against a dribble.
the result is everything but players can play well in defeat and not well in victory. You can’t just blanket award every player 10 out of 10 every game you win or 5 out of 10 when you lose.

Kane and Ndombele didn’t play well against Fulham and we won, arguably the defence take the credit for not allowing Kane’s misses to cost us the points, this game was the other way around.

edit: delighted to have found out the s ome fans / some fans autocorrect

Last edited:
GHod it feels good to enjoy watching my team again. This is what I’ve wanted to see all along - 4-2-3-1, playing higher up the pitch, looking like we want to have possession, more Toby, less Dier, more Ndombele in CM, less Sissoko, more Bale and Dele, less Bergwijn, more positivity from Jose in interviews and press conferences. Maybe Jose could have done all of this sooner, maybe he couldn’t - impossible for any of us to know with any kind of certainty. I’m just happy it’s happening now, and happy with Mourinho as our manager as long as these things continue.

(Of course form can turn in the other direction just as quickly, especially given the relative easiness of our recent fixtures - but at least our current approach is better IMO).

COYS

Thing with Lucas is beyond his workrate he is very direct (sometimes to his detriment) , we have a lot of passers at AM, he will just run strait at people. It's a good variety to have and no defender really likes it.
Thought he played really well yesterday and seems to pop up with important goals and is a reasonable passer of the ball. A decent player for me who bears the brunt of some rather unjust criticism because he was playing at a time when the team was struggling especially offensively. Offers much more for me than Bergywn and is on a par with Lamela.

GHod it feels good to enjoy watching my team again. This is what I’ve wanted to see all along - 4-2-3-1, playing higher up the pitch, looking like we want to have possession, more Toby, less Dier, more Ndombele in CM, less Sissoko, more Bale and Dele, less Bergwijn, more positivity from Jose in interviews and press conferences. Maybe Jose could have done all of this sooner, maybe he couldn’t - impossible for any of us to know with any kind of certainty. I’m just happy it’s happening now, and happy with Mourinho as our manager as long as these things continue.

(Of course form can turn in the other direction just as quickly, especially given the relative easiness of our recent fixtures - but at least our current approach is better IMO).

COYS
It was odd that he persisted game after game with Sissoko and Bergywn. It was enough to make me question what he was doing especially as we lacked any creativity other than Kane dropping deep. We look more like the team we should be now, Bale on form alongside Son and Kane makes us one of the most dangerous teams in Europe let alone the PL.

Agreed, the performances improved -> then the results

To me, the tactical change comes from having Bale fit and the 4th attacker (Lucas/Lamela/Dele vs. sticking previously a Winks/Sissoko there)

But as good as the run is (and it needs to continue), first choice CBs aren't good enough and squad options for certain positions also need lifting )plus we probably now all see the need to keep refreshing)
Totally agree agin, the non scoring RWF position has been addressed with Bale and Moura through the centre is something to credit Mourinho for.
Centre backs for the first eleven and then upgrades to the backup full backs and centre mid positions. I’m not saying we can have 2 world class players for each position but the more of the less technical / slower players we have the more it seeps into the overall quality of play. I’d list Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies Sissoko Winks and probably Bergwijn in a list of players that when they play well ‘do a job’ but the more of them that play the higher the turnover in possession, the less fast transitions take place and the higher the chance of a a defensive error or being beaten by an opponent exists. If Jose can continue the recent performance levels then he will get the opportunity to address those (not without some support from Levy to help grease the wheels of those players exits.). Still think Tanganga and Rodon should be more involved. There will be bigger tests to come but it at least feels like we are moving in the right direction when we looked really lost in the mid season games.
The other positive with Bale is I do think there is less reliance on Son, who is contributing more in open play even if the goals have dried up. He will go on another run himself soon too I’m sure.

Totally agree agin, the non scoring RWF position has been addressed with Bale and Moura through the centre is something to credit Mourinho for.
Centre backs for the first eleven and then upgrades to the backup full backs and centre mid positions. I’m not saying we can have 2 world class players for each position but the more of the less technical / slower players we have the more it seeps into the overall quality of play. I’d list Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies Sissoko Winks and probably Bergwijn in a list of players that when they play well ‘do a job’ but the more of them that play the higher the turnover in possession, the less fast transitions take place and the higher the chance of a a defensive error or being beaten by an opponent exists. If Jose can continue the recent performance levels then he will get the opportunity to address those (not without some support from Levy to help grease the wheels of those players exits.). Still think Tanganga and Rodon should be more involved. There will be bigger tests to come but it at least feels like we are moving in the right direction when we looked really lost in the mid season games.
The other positive with Bale is I do think there is less reliance on Son, who is contributing more in open play even if the goals have dried up. He will go on another run himself soon too I’m sure.

Weak list for me -> Davies, Doherty, Dier, Sissko, Winks
Undecided -> Bergwijn (still adapting), Sanchez (last few games seem to show we can get something out of him, just never with him as the senior partner) both young enough
Still to be tested -> Rodon, Tanganga, Skipp, Sessegnon will be the players to see if they make it for us next season
Need to plan for replacing -> Toby & Lloris

Back