• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace FC ***

Totally beasted Alderweireld then.

But just beforehand, two bad mistakes from Moura. Held on too long in the counter, then we get it back, and gives it straight back to them with a poor pass

Sanchez is marking Benteke and Toby the other forward.

Sanchez just lets him walk into the box and doesn’t go with him

Lost his head in that counter. Should've calmed down, kept possession and slowed things down before the break, but no. Why do we always shoot ourselves in the foot?

He just needed to knock it to Son who was free on the left with a much easier pass. Son let him know it as well.

Can't blame Sanchez for that. Doherty on the other hand. Poor offensively. Poor defensively. The Eric Dier of fullbacks.

Are you kidding me?

Sanchez doing what he does best

Ball watching and losing his man

Agree with you about Doherty though

Doherty is such an atrocious footballer - worst right-back we've had in 20 years, and we have had several absolute wastes at that position, from Kyle Naughton backwards.

I constantly wonder how Steve Hitchen's fat head had the idea that it would be a good to buy that waste of space - and this is the genius we decided to make our de-facto DoF?

Beaten to everything, always on his heels, always reacting...sigh.

The only things that are in his favour are that a) he had COVID at some point, and b) this is his first season. Absolutely nothing about him or his performance can be redeemed. His excuses are factors outside of his control.

Sigh.

Hate the way we just give up control of the game. So concerned with protecting our lead, we stop playing. We had that FK after Son was fouled, and we just let go. Took our time, let palace get back into shape, and stopped trying to score. tinkle poor.

I don't think we stopped playing we just ran out of ideas

Its what we do when we're in the lead - try and force the break, when there isn't a pass on. The amount of times we do this is crazy. When the break isn't on, keep the ball.

That may be true but when you have defenders like Sanchez and Doherty with Winks playing in front of you you’re always going to struggle

Ndombele and Dele on please.

Son not really in it so either him off and Moura moving wide or Moura off and hope having some ball players on the pitch gets more out of Son.

I don't think we stopped playing we just ran out of ideas

We go into a different setup when in the lead - we try and break. But most of the time we try and force it, attempting passes that are not on.

When Son was fouled, we just needed to keep doing what we were doing - trying to move the ball around quickly. Close them down high up the pitch, and keep the play in their half.

Watching back, it's clear that Sanchez was at fault rather than Toby. Maybe Toby/Hugo should have shouted for Benteke to be followed, but, yes, Toby was initially on the other forward and Sanchez allowed his man to drift

Sanchez really getting the blame for Toby losing his man? This place really is laughable at times.
You cannot ever criticise Toby
I mean the defence has looked solid but as soon as anything is in the air... Toby isn’t any good
And Sanchez made a weird move forward too

Back