• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

He doesn't have any ideas, that's plain and simple to see
I genuinely don't think it's worth judging him right now.
Brexit - there are few answers. And even fewer that wouldn't be whipped into a partisan narrative.
Covid - he's doing the right thing. Call out clear bad decisions and opportunism, but don't over politicise.
General Policy - pointless right now. No one cares about anything other than covid, Brexit and housing safety. And labour still have an overly powerful minority who don't understand that if you want to see your politics in government you have to beat the incumbent, not your own leader.

Get with the program mate, Brexit is bad for us. ;)
Interesting timing as well.

I emailed our application for a derogation from aspects of REACH today. I've been advised that it's almost certainly going to go through, meaning we can continue to supply far higher quality to the UK and RoW than in the EU.

Good to see a bit of Brexit cheer. Maybe these new jobs will outweigh jobs going the other way, and the knock to London as a financial hub. Lets hope so. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/02/24/amsterdam-finds-dutch-courage-battle-city/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ms-eu-s-stance-on-swaps-clearing-after-brexit

I don't think those who voted for Brexit are too fused by the City's prospects or the economy anyway. It was more about quality of life. Funnily enough, I feel the same way. The biggest losses for me are around freedom and how that affects us. That people, especially those with less money, can not travel, live, work, or retire as freely across a continent as they could is one of the biggest losses. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...mpacting-the-careers-of-british-riders-491373

I'm still miffed that immigration was used to sell Brexit. We can now see the big Brexit changes were mainly trade-related, and the effects on our own kingdom of nations; as well as on people and goods freedoms. Pre-vote some clever people focused Brexit on immigration, yet since, well it's slipped down the back of the sofa. It was an emotive, brilliant tool, used to sell something to the masses. Like all good lies, there were elements of truth that made it more powerful.

I don't know what will happen in Northern Ireland, whether we'll see some Unionist tension now. But the fact we can't sell stuff so easily to our own country is bonkers. The DUP were sold a pup just like the fisherman. I'd back Borris, there are some amazing value British fish up for grabs. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56187066 Never understood why Mackrel is not eaten more here. Grilled skin side up, maybe with some garlic ginger lemon, it is a bonzer fish and costs nothing - 60p a fish. The oils in these fish are supposed to aid brains, joints etc.

Good to see a bit of Brexit cheer. Maybe these new jobs will outweigh jobs going the other way, and the knock to London as a financial hub. Lets hope so. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/02/24/amsterdam-finds-dutch-courage-battle-city/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ms-eu-s-stance-on-swaps-clearing-after-brexit

I don't think those who voted for Brexit are too fused by the City's prospects or the economy anyway. It was more about quality of life. Funnily enough, I feel the same way. The biggest losses for me are around freedom and how that affects us. That people, especially those with less money, can not travel, live, work, or retire as freely across a continent as they could is one of the biggest losses. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...mpacting-the-careers-of-british-riders-491373

I'm still miffed that immigration was used to sell Brexit. We can now see the big Brexit changes were mainly trade-related, and the effects on our own kingdom of nations; as well as on people and goods freedoms. Pre-vote some clever people focused Brexit on immigration, yet since, well it's slipped down the back of the sofa. It was an emotive, brilliant tool, used to sell something to the masses. Like all good lies, there were elements of truth that made it more powerful.

I don't know what will happen in Northern Ireland, whether we'll see some Unionist tension now. But the fact we can't sell stuff so easily to our own country is bonkers. The DUP were sold a pup just like the fisherman. I'd back Borris, there are some amazing value British fish up for grabs. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56187066 Never understood why Mackrel is not eaten more here. Grilled skin side up, maybe with some garlic ginger lemon, it is a bonzer fish and costs nothing - 60p a fish. The oils in these fish are supposed to aid brains, joints etc.

Talking to some corporate real estate guys from former places I worked at (CBRE and JLL) they think the biggest change to London is the move to more and more remote working. I know at JLL we had guys commuting from France 2 days a week. Now they don’t even need to do that

Talking to some corporate real estate guys from former places I worked at (CBRE and JLL) they think the biggest change to London is the move to more and more remote working. I know at JLL we had guys commuting from France 2 days a week. Now they don’t even need to do that

It was mentioned before, the recovery of the pandemic will actually mask a lot of the Brexit issues and the bounceback if safe should be immense.

However, definitely a new way of the world a new a way to work now. Business travel will be massively reduced and that accounts for a large proportion of earnings for airlines etc.

I look forward to returning to the office at least 3/4 days a week but it's clear that the classic 5 days in the office for a lot of industries will no longer be the case. Technology firms for example are massive proponents to still utilise WFH for a large chunk.

It was mentioned before, the recovery of the pandemic will actually mask a lot of the Brexit issues and the bounceback if safe should be immense.

However, definitely a new way of the world a new a way to work now. Business travel will be massively reduced and that accounts for a large proportion of earnings for airlines etc.

I look forward to returning to the office at least 3/4 days a week but it's clear that the classic 5 days in the office for a lot of industries will no longer be the case. Technology firms for example are massive proponents to still utilise WFH for a large chunk.
I haven’t had a 5 day week in an office for a looong time, and that’s been working for some of the biggest companies in the land/world
But it’s all about what’s good for the people to get the best out of the people
The work from home thing will IMO (and from what I read in CRES forums) have a BIG impact in London.
It’s gonna be funny seeing the next elected mayor clamouring to get people in and people just sitting at fine going... nah!!!!
I do feel sorry for the small business created to support that structure, the niche food places (which I love a little too much) will suffer and the micro gyms will too

I haven’t had a 5 day week in an office for a looong time, and that’s been working for some of the biggest companies in the land/world
But it’s all about what’s good for the people to get the best out of the people
The work from home thing will IMO (and from what I read in CRES forums) have a BIG impact in London.
It’s gonna be funny seeing the next elected mayor clamouring to get people in and people just sitting at fine going... nah!!!!
I do feel sorry for the small business created to support that structure, the niche food places (which I love a little too much) will suffer and the micro gyms will too

Micro gyms can fcuk off, the tarts in them are usually ugly lesbo types. Will miss the micro breweries though.

Won't comment on the other stuff because it is not my area of expertise.

But on cycling, the are more British cyclists then ever before and I'm not just talking guys that win tours but more British cyclists then ever before in pro continental teams.

Cycling the last few years has gone on a change and more and more cyclists from South America countries are represented (they always were but not in the numbers they now are) Road cycling is also increasingly popular in Asia with more pro races in Asia resulting in an increasingly high viewing figures and attendances.

Think of cycling a bit like football but instead of national leagues they are going towards continental leagues,that is how in a world with an increasing middle class most popular sports will move to. As I have said in another thread about another sport,football. The first European team to get the first Chinese superstar, will clean up.

Won't comment on the other stuff because it is not my area of expertise.

But on cycling, the are more British cyclists then ever before and I'm not just talking guys that win tours but more British cyclists then ever before in pro continental teams.

Cycling the last few years has gone on a change and more and more cyclists from South America countries are represented (they always were but not in the numbers they now are) Road cycling is also increasingly popular in Asia with more pro races in Asia resulting in an increasingly high viewing figures and attendances.

Think of cycling a bit like football but instead of national leagues they are going towards continental leagues,that is how in a world with an increasing middle class most popular sports will move to. As I have said in another thread about another sport,football. The first European team to get the first Chinese superstar, will clean up.

I just bought a Brooks saddle. Wonderful British company. Beautiful saddles that 'grow' with you :) They mould to your buttocks don't you know! You can't buy from Brooks directly now. Despite being made in England still, the distribution center is in Italy as its owned by an Italian firm. Found the plush saddle I wanted for £60 from a Germany company...but they have also disabled sales to the UK as it's so much hassle for them. Bought it for almost a ton in the end.

The misnomer about the EU is that its all bureaucrats. Actually its mainly about free trade, and freedom. If you wanted to get into a pro cycle team, not be paid a lot, you could go tomorrow. Now you need visas etc. Its not a massive deal, but it is a loss. Same with students. If your son wants to do an exchange with a Uni in Italy, the setup is not there anymore. Lots of small things that are not as simple as before. None of which are cataclysmic but just get on your tits when you end up paying £40 more for a saddle than you needed to last year.

I just bought a Brooks saddle. Wonderful British company. Beautiful saddles that 'grow' with you :) They mould to your buttocks don't you know! You can't buy from Brooks directly now. Despite being made in England still, the distribution center is in Italy as its owned by an Italian firm. Found the plush saddle I wanted for £60 from a Germany company...but they have also disabled sales to the UK as it's so much hassle for them. Bought it for almost a ton in the end.

The misnomer about the EU is that its all bureaucrats. Actually its mainly about free trade, and freedom. If you wanted to get into a pro cycle team, not be paid a lot, you could go tomorrow. Now you need visas etc. Its not a massive deal, but it is a loss. Same with students. If your son wants to do an exchange with a Uni in Italy, the setup is not there anymore. Lots of small things that are not as simple as before. None of which are cataclysmic but just get on your tits when you end up paying £40 more for a saddle than you needed to last year.

On saddles, far more pleasure is garnered from having your buttocks mould to the saddle. Which is why when the gates are down on the level crossings around sussex you might see a chap wearing one of these https://www.bicyclebooth.com/collec...products/cycling-is-cheaper-thermal-jersey-v1 leaning his buttocks back into the tip of said saddle.

On the EU it is evil, so enough said.

On saddles, far more pleasure is garnered from having your buttocks mould to the saddle. Which is why when the gates are down on the level crossings around sussex you might see a chap wearing one of these https://www.bicyclebooth.com/collec...products/cycling-is-cheaper-thermal-jersey-v1 leaning his buttocks back into the tip of said saddle.

On the EU it is evil, so enough said.

I quite like that, but its the wrong colour, I always feel the lycra has to match my bike.

Back