• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Forgot to recommend Elizabeth Hupert's Time Of The Wolf, Elle, Amour and Happy End.
Also staying with France, I heartily recommend With A Friend Like Harry which is wonderfully twisted brick...must check out Lupin and Untouchable!

Allow me mate...

City of GHod (2002)
Pixote (1980)
Das Boot (1981)
Christiane F (1981)
Aguirre, The Wrath of GHod (1971)
Any Fassbinder film but for a starter try The Marriage of Maria Braun (1978)
Nosferatu (1922)
Stalker (1979 - if you don't like slower paced films might not be for you)

as for French, if you liked Les Miserables, try
La Haine (1995)
and if you can find it, Baxter (1989) is something else!

So many great foreign films over the decades and decades mate...we didn't even dwell on Danish and Scandinavian cinema!
Seen all of them except for Baxter. Never heard of that
You don’t have A Prophet on there which is outstanding
or Y Tu Mama Tambien
And for Scandinavia one of my favourites is Troll Hunter which is great too
And let the right one in
And (I’m not a book reader) the original girl with the dragon tattoo series are so much better than the Hollywood versions

As I was saying... IMO the standard has improved, a lot

Forgot to recommend Elizabeth Hupert's Time Of The Wolf, Elle, Amour and Happy End.
Also staying with France, I heartily recommend With A Friend Like Harry which is wonderfully twisted brick...must check out Lupin and Untouchable!
Lupin is smart and clever but very slick
I’ve described it as Luther crossed with the Hustle to a few friends

Where is the Florida Project on in UK?

Also La Haine is in my top 10 ever. Stunning movie. The mixing scene on the estate is one of the great pieces of cinema of all time.

Allow me mate...

City of GHod (2002)
Pixote (1980)
Das Boot (1981)
Christiane F (1981)
Aguirre, The Wrath of GHod (1971)
Any Fassbinder film but for a starter try The Marriage of Maria Braun (1978)
Nosferatu (1922)
Stalker (1979 - if you don't like slower paced films might not be for you)

as for French, if you liked Les Miserables, try
La Haine (1995)
and if you can find it, Baxter (1989) is something else!

So many great foreign films over the decades and decades mate...we didn't even dwell on Danish and Scandinavian cinema!

Have you seen Intouchables? The original french version. It’s a cute, easy watch

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Seen all of them except for Baxter. Never heard of that
You don’t have A Prophet on there which is outstanding
or Y Tu Mama Tambien
And for Scandinavia one of my favourites is Troll Hunter which is great too
And let the right one in
And (I’m not a book reader) the original girl with the dragon tattoo series are so much better than the Hollywood versions

As I was saying... IMO the standard has improved, a lot

I also don't have Amoros Perros (arguably better).
Let The Right One In is great, and agreed on A Prophet. There are so many fine French films...we haven't even touched Truffaut.

I have to say, I did not tab you as a Fassbinder fan. Knife In The Head is brilliant. 1978.

Of course, speaking of Ganz...Downfall.

Train to Busan is one of my favourites
Very very different due to the nature of its subject matter but super clever and done so well

babyteeth has been recommended to me by a few people

I watched Babyteeth on Friday. It's excellent and on Netflix in the UK at the moment
I thought it was OK but the lady across the road and the pianist were superfluous, could have been a better film with just the 4 main characters

I thought it was OK but the lady across the road and the pianist were superfluous, could have been a better film with just the 4 main characters

I think that's fair. The dinner with her and the music teacher seemed a bit forced. That aside, I thought that it was enjoyable.

Back