• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Next Five Games:

Feb 13 Emirates Marketing Project - A
Feb 21 Wet Spam - A
Feb 28 Burnley - H
March 6 Palace - H
March 13 Woolwich - A

I think we will do 'well' to get 8 points from these.
Can't see us getting anything from Emirates Marketing Project unless they mis-fire (they've only won 15 in a row).
Wet Spam, I'd take a point.
Burnley we'll get by despite a late scare.
Palace we will win. Might even keep a clean sheet.
Woolwich, I'd take a point.
I've got a feeling draws are gonna kill us...4 draws and lose to City

I’m really confident that in Jose, levy has given us a manger who can secure us a place in the top ten by the end of the season. He’s a proven winner and a tenth place finish is within his powers. #gojose #thankslevy

caacxivvrek61.jpg

What a pointless table.

Not sure I completely agree, is it relevant to end table? = no, but it does have some relevance

- Can you finish in top 4 without any wins against peers? = yes, smash the bottom 12 home and away = 72 points

But I think shows the limitations, i.e. United to me based on that table is a lot further from really challenging than the current full table suggests.

Also if you realize that Chelsea for the majority of those games was Lampard, top 3 clubs have experienced managers, bottom 3 in that table = inexperienced managers.

Like most things, makes for at least a conversation.

Mourinho's 'destined to win a trophy' team is currently 3 points behind Gerry Francis's mighty 1996 side after 25 games in the Premier League.

Mourinho's 'destined to win a trophy' team is currently 3 points behind Gerry Francis's mighty 1996 side after 25 games in the Premier League.
You really are a broken record:D If you want to let us all know what the relevance is between this coronavirus season and the 1996 season that would be great. This season the points totals are clustered together in that top half which means practically all the big sides will have smaller points totalled compared to previous seasons. But credit to your dedication to try and put the manager down on the back of some decent performances. The facts are we are six points off 4th with a game in hand, in one final and looking good to go deep in the Europa League and none of that changes whether you throw up comparisons to last season, the 1996 season or any other season that holds no relevance.....

Really? You've seen the results this season, right?

I'd be disappointed with fewer than 6 points, sure, but I wouldn't call it a failure..
All I care about is the performances really. If we perform well and get unlucky (like against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) then so be it. The odds are with us if we perform well so let's put the late, great Danny Blanchflower's words into action.

All I care about is the performances really. If we perform well and get unlucky (like against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) then so be it. The odds are with us if we perform well so let's put the late, great Danny Blanchflower's words into action.
This
Play our best game
Don’t be silly on the pitch and make basic errors
We should be good enough to win both games

Really? You've seen the results this season, right?

I'd be disappointed with fewer than 6 points, sure, but I wouldn't call it a failure..

It would be a failure from my perspective. With our squad and handsomely paid manager, currently watching West Ham miles above us literally is a failure.

There's time to remediate that, but failing to win games against Palace and Fulham, christ, how can that be acceptable?

It would be a failure from my perspective. With our squad and handsomely paid manager, currently watching West Ham miles above us non-figuratively is a failure.

There's time to remediate that, but failing to win games against Palace and Fulham, christ, how can that be acceptable?
As I say... it depends on the context... IF we go out there are clearly better than them for 90% of the match, don't take our chances and concede an unlucky goal, then so be it.

If we do what we did against both teams earlier this season where we spent most of the second half trying to hold on to the 1-0 and only tried to attack again once the opposition had equalised then I'd be pretty annoyed.

It would be a failure from my perspective. With our squad and handsomely paid manager, currently watching West Ham miles above us non-figuratively is a failure.

Failure is a strong word, but I can see the case for using it.

The problem with that for me is that points will be dropped in games like these by just about every team during a season. Including by teams with better squads and (arguably) better managers. To me success or failure should be measured on a larger sample size. But hey, we all use words differently.

If 4 points from Fulham and Palace is a failure, does that mean 7 points from Burnley, Fulham and Palace is also a failure? 10 points from those three and Arsenal?

Going by your use of the word failure we've been failures more time than I feel like counting this season. Yet we're in a position to possibly get a decent outcome at the end. How many times can you be a fail if you end up succeeding at the end. Again a matter of how one uses these words and thus somewhat pedantic perhaps. Just trying to make clear potential differing opinions to yours on how to label this like this.

Back