• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Ridiculous, we give up a massive advantage (home match last)

Its in the rules though. Apparently UEFA's rules has a hierarchy for who's game gets switched in situations like this, based on how you qualified for the competition

Its in the rules though. Apparently UEFA's rules has a hierarchy for who's game gets switched in situations like this, based on how you qualified for the competition

Yep in the rules, funny how all these things "only" happen to Spurs

- The playing 4 games in a week earlier this season, only happens to Spurs
- The losing out on a CL spot when Chelsea won, only happened to Spurs
- To the point above, Dier, Davies, etc. classification only applies to Spurs ..

Ridiculous, we give up a massive advantage (home match last)
No matter how you flip it, I can't see that it makes one iota of difference which game is played first/last, especially now without fans. Even with fans I struggle to see any sort of advantage in playing home last.

Yep in the rules, funny how all these things "only" happen to Spurs

- The playing 4 games in a week earlier this season, only happens to Spurs
- The losing out on a CL spot when Chelsea won, only happened to Spurs
- To the point above, Dier, Davies, etc. classification only applies to Spurs ..

I'm sure other fans of other clubs can point to similar things for others. And as someone else said, the final point is our own fault

On the HG vs non HG point, we have a difficult position in that an English player (and using English = HG) who is somewhat approaching their peak is probably out of our price range.

So we either need to grow English players or, simplisitically, have a first 11 of largely non HG players (as we do today) and squad players of whom a greater proportion are English.

Our problem at the moment is that our squad players are largely non-HG, which we need to rectify. Sissoko, Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, Doherty, Bergwijn,....far too many overseas squad players - cant work if your first 11 is more of less all non HG too

No matter how you flip it, I can't see that it makes one iota of difference which game is played first/last, especially now without fans. Even with fans I struggle to see any sort of advantage in playing home last.

Ground you know, no travel impact, weather conditions you are accustomed to? small things, they all add up.

What I'd say is that there is no DISADVANTAGE playing the last leg away. And in this particular instance, it's more of an advantage in the greater scheme, as we play home before the NLD, and Arsenal play away.

I had a quick look to see if anyone had looked in to it and this link :

https://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/15933/second-leg-home-advantage

Suggests 66% of 2 legged ties decided in extra time go the way of the home team.

Comes down to 57% for pens.

15 season ago under Jol we started qualifying for Europe ever year.
We've been in this competition 10 times in the last 15 seasons and only made it as far as the quarter finals twice.

Back