• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Same with me matey !!
I've had 2 different interviews for 2 roles internally and all I've heard is that they are looking at all the structures again
Well I was told lastnight I’ve not got either role

They will try to redeploy me within the company and if that is not successful I will be made redundant after 24 years

Scary thought for me that, will get a decent payoff though

They will try to redeploy me within the company and if that is not successful I will be made redundant after 24 years

sorry to hear fella - fingers crossed. think the main thing is 2021 shaping up a lot better than 2020 for job prospects

That's sad mate. Been through the same, and got layed off end of May. I'm still getting payed, but it's nearing the end of that, and I've applied for over 150 jobs with no luck so far. I honestly didn't think Covid would affect things as much as it did. If I had that knowledge, I would have fought harder to keep my job, even if it meant taking a brick position. Make sure you get a good pay off if you are made redundant. Getting a job again has been a lot harder than I imagined. Only been to 1 interview, and I have another coming up next week, after 9 months of applying for virtually everything. Good luck mate!

Have worked at my firm for 24 years and always in Insurance and have helped out with numerous projects so thinking of taking the Prince2 qualification to help with expanding my future career
Also going to do an online Power BI course and also some basic SQL, advanced Excel courses to help out with the above too

Have worked at my firm for 24 years and always in Insurance and have helped out with numerous projects so thinking of taking the Prince2 qualification to help with expanding my future career
Also going to do an online Power BI course and also some basic SQL, advanced Excel courses to help out with the above too

check out Tableau and Alteryx too, some firms offer free training courses

nearly a month since i had an interview for an internal role, went really well i thought, was really positive and heard NOTHING since. Quite frustrating.

next tues, second round interview. will be 5 weeks since my first interview then. cant even remember what the role is now.

Sorry to hear that mate, i have always worked for myself and contracted out at most so have never had to be concerned about being laid off. Good luck with your search.

That sucks mate but sometimes a career change can be a blessing, obviously you won't think it now.

I did a Prince 2 course ages ago, employers seem to love it on CVs but I've never really found it useful in the real world unless you're managing multi multi million pound projects then the approach would be overkill.

Sorry to hear this Mark.

SQL with python is a good way to go. Business intelligence is an sql extract with some reporting layers- it’s not a core skill like sql and python.

My sql ain’t great. I missed out on a good job recently as my sql skills weren’t strong enough - well I could not would not have done it professionally on a six month contract. Shame as was 3x my current wage and I was top notch at the rest of the work.

My background is insurance data and software projects sounds like you are in that kind of market.

Have a a look at the agile courses as well, something like a scrum masters certificate.

If you are doing those then also look at the other ms powerapps, personally hate them but I’m an old dinosaur and lots of companies use them to turn round focused apps really fast.

Prince2 is useful as it’s recognised across multiple industries
power BI is very much in need now too
Get those two in the bag and you may be able to get freelance work

Had a lovely dump yesterday morning. Been as regular and solid as a racehorse - hardly have time to fill in half an evil level Sudoku - so imagine my shock when I looked down afterward and saw bright red swirls in the water.

Heart rate soared, eyes bulged, brain racing.

Then I remembered what my wife served with dinner the night before - roasted beets and purple carrots.

Back to basic brown today. And finished the Sudoku puzzle. Ahhhh.

Back