• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Dribblers do provide unpredictability. because it's something other than a series of ten square passes. No, running into a block isn't good, but now and then he gets through and as I said defenders hate a player who runs at them.

Dribblers do provide unpredictability. because it's something other than a series of ten square passes. No, running into a block isn't good, but now and then he gets through and as I said defenders hate a player who runs at them.
More or less lost hope on him improving his decision making, but hey there's always a chance.

I guess getting him on the pitch when game conditions suit his skills is the second best option. He can be very good, and certainly entertaining and at long as he works hard there's a role for that kind of player. But he could have been so much more.

dxwovj5stkk61.jpg

Played brilliantly. I wasn't sure that the number 10 role would be suited to him but he's been excellent in his last two games. His pressing has directly led to us scoring and making chances, he's got the ability to dribble at speed and makes good runs when Kane drops deep. Pleasantly surprised.

He did al the things I said he did above, in the game against Palace.

It's interesting, we may have found his position.

He's always been effective against lower level opposition with his directness but against better teams playing out wide he was often more frustrating than effective even if the workrate and cover was there.

Pressing and being direct more centrally with 3 very fluid attackers in front of him allows him to be much more effective, a threat and help the team press high.

Was very good yesterday. The interesting thing about him in that position is that he keeps the opposition on their toes. Everyone knows that Moura will just run (and fast!) when he gets the ball rather than taking touches and laying it off etc...and in that position he gets right at teams CBs. I think it therefore helps distract the CM and CBs of the other team, and should create more space for Ndombele and Kane.

All that said, 7 attackers comprising Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela....plus Vinicius (or another CF in the summer) is one too many, particularly with GLC able to play in attacking roles, and Ndombele as a no 10 too (though CM is his best position). Also age-wise, Kane, Son, Bale, Moura and Lamela in a similar area sets us up for a lot of change at some point

I dont think Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwijn are going anywhere, nor would a CF. Points too Lamela or Moura being shifted

Was very good yesterday. The interesting thing about him in that position is that he keeps the opposition on their toes. Everyone knows that Moura will just run (and fast!) when he gets the ball rather than taking touches and laying it off etc...and in that position he gets right at teams CBs. I think it therefore helps distract the CM and CBs of the other team, and should create more space for Ndombele and Kane.

All that said, 7 attackers comprising Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela....plus Vinicius (or another CF in the summer) is one too many, particularly with GLC able to play in attacking roles, and Ndombele as a no 10 too (though CM is his best position). Also age-wise, Kane, Son, Bale, Moura and Lamela in a similar area sets us up for a lot of change at some point

I dont think Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwijn are going anywhere, nor would a CF. Points too Lamela or Moura being shifted
Don't forget Dele.

I think if Bale continues anywhere close to the form he is, we have to keep him for next season as well (question: are we fully in control of that situation?)

It's tough to know who to shift as they all have their pluses and some (Lucas, Lamela) are certainly showing it at the moment.

Lucas and Lamela have a natural tendancy to work as part of their game but can bring flair too.
Bergwijn works hard but I feel it is to the detriment to his flair and teamplay that I think he is very capable of. He's young as well, so has potentially longer service ahead of him.
If Dele comes good, and there is a chance he will if he plays in his very best (niche) position ghosting around the outer areas of the box, then he'll add what he did in his prime (15+goals), he's still a good age as well. If he doesn't then he'd be an option to sell as I think we'd still get good money for him. (And we are going to need incoming funds)
The main 3 pick themselves when fit, so we'd are only left with one place (or zero places if we went 433)...so a trim is likely and sensible. Value,age, and contract length may well be deciding factors.

my first though yesterday was that Jose has let him off the leash and told him to get on the ball and run at the defence, previously even when playing in that central role he has always looked to check and pass but yesterday was full on attack from the first touch of the ball

Back