• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley ***

Also less daggers out for the team and Mourinho when we win. The myopics are busy sharpening their blades. The "i told you so's" swallowing it up a little. All makes for a bit of peace with less knee-jerking, long-winded unbalanced ranting.

Much better i do agree, to be honest i never believed we were as good as s ome were making out when we were top, but i never thought it was all doom and gloom as s ome were when we had a bad run.

Much better i do agree, to be honest i never believed we were as good as s ome were making out when we were top, but i never thought it was all doom and gloom as s ome were when we had a bad run.
Hahaha, balance ..

For clarity (not to you), my comment about the lack of activity post a win being odd wasn't a "I told you so", it was more an opportunity to have less confrontational conversations about the team, players, what is working.

So what was everyone's opinion on Pope? (as he's linked to us)

He seemed wrong footed on quite a few shots, some of the goals but also the shot Harry dragged wide.

So what was everyone's opinion on Pope? (as he's linked to us)

He seemed wrong footed on quite a few shots, some of the goals but also the shot Harry dragged wide.
He caught all the crosses he could
Made some very good saves
Souness thought he could better on the first goal... no keeper comes for that IMO
Second goal he was saving but it took a defection
Third goal no chance IMO
Fourth... placed around the defender
I think he is class and the best English keeper in the league
I’d have him in heartbeat
Surely we know not to judge players in games against us by now

You said that before the game but I didn’t see one poor kick all game from him

Might have missed that, can't recall talking about Pope pre-game

Most of his kicks were good, I do recall one going out of touch (just to say, it wasn't perfect ;) )

Most of his kicks were good, I do recall one going out of touch (just to say, it wasn't perfect ;) )
Maybe it wasn’t you
Someone said his kicking was awful and I made a point of keeping an eye out for it
I really rate Pope
My worry is we will go for someone like Sam Johnstone who is Paul Robinson Mk2

I wish Hugo could kick it far enough for it to go out of play.

This place is such a dead zone after a win, West Ham thread was 43+ pages (and that was a "decent performance" loss)

@thfcsteff since you like the mental analysis side of the conversation, why is that? why is misery so much more vocal?

Dunno mate, but if you listen to the pod each week, you'll hear plenty of optimism and joy, not to mention praise of players previously knocked and appreciation of certain managers. Personally, for the Sunday games I am usually onto recording the pod so don't get here until late.

As for misery being more vocal? I think many things, especially football, become a cypher for other frustrations. That's something I think we probably all know TBH. What I cannot gauge is why so many people can never say "sorry" or "I was wrong" in so many walks of life. That's a massive one for me...

This place is such a dead zone after a win, West Ham thread was 43+ pages (and that was a "decent performance" loss)

@thfcsteff since you like the mental analysis side of the conversation, why is that? why is misery so much more vocal?
Been that way for as long as I can remember. Anger and a need to vent I'm guessing is a factor.

There are things to criticise Mourinho for, and part of that goes game to game. If there is valid criticism that goes beyond game to game tactical decisions it should be just as valid now as after a poor result. It's not like everything is fine just because of one league win in a row.

Been that way for as long as I can remember. Anger and a need to vent I'm guessing is a factor.

There are things to criticise Mourinho for, and part of that goes game to game. If there is valid criticism that goes beyond game to game tactical decisions it should be just as valid now as after a poor result. It's not like everything is fine just because of one league win in a row.

And as someone else said, I think there’s less disagreement after a win. When we lose, it’s natural to want to understand why, and everyone always has different opinions as to why. Whereas when we win, people generally agree who most contributed to that, and there’s less need to criticise anyone because we’re all happy.

And on Mourinho, I don’t feel as much need to be critical of him because he’s now doing the things I’ve wanted to see all along - Ndombele in midfield, more Bale and Alli, less Bergwijn and Sissoko, more Toby (at least on Sunday), seemingly trying to play on the front foot more, more positive in interviews / pressers. We could all debate whether he could have been doing these things sooner, but personally I’d rather just enjoy watching my team again than get mired in a negative debate online.

It's not just about how much Kane and Son were on the ball but also how much they did with it when on it. A goal and two assists between them amounts to a good contribution and that's without the seven chances that Son alone created.
Yes, it was a decent contribution from both players in this match. It was more an observation on the defensive focus that Burnley, and everyone else for that matter, puts on these players to try to nix our attacking threat. With Bale stepping up that tactic will be less effective in stifling our attack henceforth. Moura did quite well too to be fair.

It's not just about how much Kane and Son were on the ball but also how much they did with it when on it. A goal and two assists between them amounts to a good contribution and that's without the seven chances that Son alone created.
consider it in game rotation? that way we can be more unpredictable and allow players to play in a different way to keep match fitness but without the demands of going all-out 100% of the time

Sent from my SM-G985F using Fapatalk

Back