• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Excellent. You can use what you’ve saved to pay for the 10 days hotel quarantine you might be obliged to have by then. :D
Way ahead of you.

We would be flying to Biarritz and having a driver take us over the border and back. France won't be on the quarantine list.

Your image on the previous page said phase 1 was 32m people, so if 20m are done by end Feb that means 12m to do... if we run at a rate of 400k per day that is 30 days i.e. March

So us >40s should be getting done in April

Don't forget about 2nd doses though. Once all these 20mill need their 2nd doses I wonder if it will slow down the rest of us? Fingers crossed there will be a bump in supply to keep up

Even Thatcher thought privatising the railway was a bad idea!

I think some on here think I'm right wing because I always stand up for the British and English when we get criticised and blamed(a lot) for things that our generation had nothing to do with. But if you went through a list of my beliefs people would see i was centre left politically.

Governments need to start working for the people.

I said to the wife the other day that the English government were taking the money from people who quarantine over a 12 month period and the Scots are doing it on arrival. The only reason boris is doing it like that is so he can give the contract out to one of his chums companies and they will charge the government as well as the people to reclaim the money and they the tories get a nice big donation. It all stinks.

Had my Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday. No side effect although I did wake up at 3am a couple for a wee wee which is normal for me but couldn’t get back to sleep which isn’t normally the case.

I think some on here think I'm right wing because I always stand up for the British and English when we get criticised and blamed(a lot) for things that our generation had nothing to do with. But if you went through a list of my beliefs people would see i was centre left politically.

Governments need to start working for the people.

I said to the wife the other day that the English government were taking the money from people who quarantine over a 12 month period and the Scots are doing it on arrival. The only reason boris is doing it like that is so he can give the contract out to one of his chums companies and they will charge the government as well as the people to reclaim the money and they the tories get a nice big donation. It all stinks.

It's an annoying symptom of our binary and sensationalist society.
You and have very different views on the principles of nationalism and statehood, but usually are able to debate our points roundly.
Weirdly I think we are often arguing for similar outcomes - just completely different methods of delivery!
Although we also occasionally fall into the stereotypes that modern media had created.
Nationalism = fascism is a lazy and easy headline; like the people throwing racism around casually etc.

I always say be wary of easy answers - too many people are too lazy/ignorant/conditioned (delete as appropriate!) to look at detail and opposing positions.
Unfortunately that a bit reason why the Corbyn part of labour is destructive - many of their ideas and principles are appealing, however they have to understand they need to operate in a global, capitalist world - because it isn't going away overnight, irrespective of how they feel about it.

It's an annoying symptom of our binary and sensationalist society.
You and have very different views on the principles of nationalism and statehood, but usually are able to debate our points roundly.
Weirdly I think we are often arguing for similar outcomes - just completely different methods of delivery!
Although we also occasionally fall into the stereotypes that modern media had created.
Nationalism = fascism is a lazy and easy headline; like the people throwing racism around casually etc.

I always say be wary of easy answers - too many people are too lazy/ignorant/conditioned (delete as appropriate!) to look at detail and opposing positions.
Unfortunately that a bit reason why the Corbyn part of labour is destructive - many of their ideas and principles are appealing, however they have to understand they need to operate in a global, capitalist world - because it isn't going away overnight, irrespective of how they feel about it.

Yeah we have different views on the EU i will always feel they are dominating and evil. But as you say the outcome is actually the same.

I loved corbyn and his ideas.

Interesting because as a dad to a baby and a five year old, Mrs was chatting to another school mum and she raised a point I never thought about.

The five year old is quite aware, and has spent the last year thinking Govt instruction on what you should and shouldn't do is normal. Bit mental that he judges things on whether Boris has said it's ok or not. Really will be a different world they grow up in

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-variants-vaccine-oxford-astrazeneca-fda/

Chief designer Professor Sarah Gilbert told CBS News that her team has already been working for months on modifying their vaccine to tackle new variants of the coronavirus and expects to have a new version ready in the fall.

The ability to turn on a dime is down to the "plug and play" platform used in the original Oxford vaccine, Gilbert said. "You decide what antigen you want to use from the virus you want to make a vaccine against, exactly which version of it, and then you just slot it in and you make your vaccine,"

"We've seen the first widespread use of a vaccine in a setting where there's been a new variant that's emerged," Oxford Vaccine Group head Andrew Pollard told CBS News. "The vaccine has an impact against that variant. That is astonishing."

Part of the reason for that success is the 12-week gap between shots in the U.K., rather than the four-week program currently standard in the U.S., Pollard said. “If you give that vaccine to many, many more people as the first dose, that ends hospitalization and deaths immediately, while if you give two doses close together, you'll be selfishly giving those two doses to half the number of people, slowing down that rollout and the protection of the population," Pollard said.

A coronavirus "variant of concern" first detected in Brazil has now been found in the UK.

Three cases have been detected in England and separately three in Scotland.

In England, officials are still trying to track down one of those who tested positive for the new variant.

Meanwhile the three Scottish residents had flown to Scotland from Brazil via Paris and London, the Scottish government said.

Experts believe this variant (P1), first detected in travellers to Japan from Manaus in northern Brazil in January, could be more contagious.

In England, the first two cases were from the same household in South Gloucestershire, with a history of travel to Brazil, but the third is not linked, Public Health England (PHE) said.

The whereabouts of that third person are still not known, as PHE says they did not complete their test registration card so follow-up details are unavailable.

Officials are asking anyone who took a test on 12 or 13 February and who has not received a result or has an uncompleted test registration card to come forward immediately.

Testing is now being ramped up in South Gloucestershire, with people living in five postcode areas invited to get tested even if they do not have symptoms. The postcodes fall within Bradley Stoke, Patchway and Little Stoke.

Yeah we have different views on the EU i will always feel they are dominating and evil. But as you say the outcome is actually the same.

I loved corbyn and his ideas.
You see that's what interesting - I'm not that far off that opinion. Not quite as strong, but I'm certainly not pro-EU as an institution, certainly not in silo anyway.

We will be seeing some big numbers in March then !!
This bloke has done well as Vaccines minister

March 'a big month' for UK vaccine rollout - minister

Zahawi also tells BBC Breakfast that the number of vaccine doses given each day is set for a sharp increase to cope with people requiring their second dose within the 12-week period.

He says "March will be a very big month" for the vaccine programme, which will be operating at "probably twice the rate over the next ten weeks as we’ve done over the last ten or eleven weeks".

Zahawi says the NHS has been stockpiling doses for ten days to ensure that there are enough supplies to ensure everyone gets a second jab of the correct vaccine

Back