• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad not good enough...or unable to play a different style?

So much for it being the players.

Select the best players in the squad in their best positions and let them play football.

3 months ago. That team would have been made defend that one nil lead for 89 minutes.

ga7shdn3e8k61.jpg

So much for it being the players.

Select the best players in the squad in their best positions and let them play football.

3 months ago. That team would have been made defend that one nil lead for 89 minutes.
3 months ago we couldn’t field this team
I mean bale wasn’t match fit
Some players had COVID (just look at Tanguys comments about him having it in august an no one knew....)
Dele was on sleeping pills
And we were top of the table 3 months ago

3 months ago we couldn’t field this team
I mean bale wasn’t match fit
Some players had COVID (just look at Tanguys comments about him having it in august an no one knew....)
Dele was on sleeping pills
And we were top of the table 3 months ago

We did know about Ndombele's covid status, it was around the time of the international callups. That didn't stop some from criticising him though. That was at the time many had no hope for him.

We did know about Ndombele's covid status, it was around the time of the international callups. That didn't stop some from criticising him though. That was at the time many had no hope for him.

Yrah i remember it being a topic of conversation at the time

No we had rumours in various normal sources
Nothing was ever confirmed was by the club was it?
hence my comment we don’t know what state some of these players are in, and in this weird season of all
Remove at Christmas when the two Brazilians were not in any squad? And other sides Brazilians had all bene having a Covid party (yeah I’m exaggerating)
And Bales “illness” too in December

Davies is becoming a problem when in possession. He offers nothing going forward and is one less option as an outball from defence making it easier for the opposition to close us down.
His defending is at best solid and doesn't make up for his lack of ability going forward, I really hope Segessnon steps up next year and can rotate between him and Sergio.

Davies is becoming a problem when in possession. He offers nothing going forward and is one less option as an outball from defence making it easier for the opposition to close us down.
His defending is at best solid and doesn't make up for his lack of ability going forward, I really hope Segessnon steps up next year and can rotate between him and Sergio.
The problem with him is he can’t pass now suddenly
And he doesn’t really offer himself as support in attack
Doherty is not setting the world on fire but he is available all the time

The problem with him is he can’t pass now suddenly
And he doesn’t really offer himself as support in attack
Doherty is not setting the world on fire but he is available all the time

is that not partly because Son stayed wider last night than he did against Burnley, leaving less space for the overlap

also, tactically, Davies can come in to make a three allowing the RB to push up, we've used that a lot under Jose

Back