• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley ***

Do we agree that Mourinho does coach attacking plays? Also I am happy that there is now a certified 3rd goal threat. That means teams have a lot more to worry about and we can build around that as well making us less predictable.

Missing piece of the puzzle is Lo Celso. I presume he will bench Moura. Alli should be able to combat for that slot as well.

Good times look to be ahead if this continues and Davinson Sanchez seems more assured next to Toby but then I remember West Ham match. I might be catching my chickens before they hatch.

One thing though Tottenham can't afford to sit back. Burnley are going for it.
Mourinho didn't coach attacking plays when Chelsea won the league scoring 72 goals. It's not a slight on his coaching it's just not his preferred style. You don't need to feel defensive about it, his team's have score plenty of goals over the years regardless. He gives his attackers freedom, it's just a different philosophy to someone like Poch who drills specific patterns.

Seems like Mourinho has to fight with players and have a flashpoint before he can bring them back into the fold. It’s like make up sex in Seinfeld. Everyone seems to think he’s this psychological genius but really it’s the meteorology of a child.
Posts like this depress me. 3-0 up playing decent football and you have to have a pop at Mourinho? Footballers tend to have the mentality of a child anyway:D....

Mourinho didn't coach attacking plays when Chelsea won the league scoring 72 goals. It's not a slight on his coaching it's just not his preferred style. You don't need to feel defensive about it, his team's have score plenty of goals over the years regardless. He gives his attackers freedom, it's just a different philosophy to someone like Poch who drills specific patterns.

I am being accused of being defensive. Take a look in the mirror. He doesn't have a preferred style. Jose picks what tactics gives him the desired result. I don't know Jose or Pochettino's philosophy and how they train attacking. That is too much and goes way beyond being a fan. I however find it funny that a manager whose team has at times scored so many goals - is said to not coach attacking play. It is ridiculous.

Good half. Jose looks unhappy though so I expect us to be a little more risk averse second half.

Son, Kane and Sanchez were excellent throughout. Bale started brilliantly but went out of it a bit after the knock. Moura has been brilliant and comically awful in equal measure.
Only saw him being unhappy towards the end. I think it's fair being risk averse in this situation, but there were a couple of situations where we looked downright passive with good breaks on and I don't think Mourinho is happy about that.

Hopefully the second half will be lacking in excitement.

Seems like Mourinho has to fight with players and have a flashpoint before he can bring them back into the fold. It’s like make up sex in Seinfeld. Everyone seems to think he’s this psychological genius but really it’s the meteorology of a child.

Ermm Jose fought with John Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Zanetti? What sample is the above based on?

Jose will have strong words with a player if they do not meet the required standard. How that relates to fighting and mentality of a child is bewildering! Do you lead a team or mentor people per chance in real life? There is no way personalities won't clash.

Among teams in the big-five European leagues, only Bayern Munich (102) have more goals in all competitions this season than Tottenham (94).

Partly due to us playing more games but, you know, that's still a good thing

Just saw the Keane - Redknapp debate. Keane trying to be a soundbite and Redknapp taking thinly veiled swipes at Mourinho. Pair of tossers. The only thing Redknapp hates more than Tottenham is Mourinho. Seems to go back to 2014 and Mourinho talking the tinkle out of him after the Slippy G Liverpool game.

Just saw the Keane - Redknapp debate. Keane trying to be a soundbite and Redknapp taking thinly veiled swipes at Mourinho. Pair of tossers. The only thing Redknapp hates more than Tottenham is Mourinho. Seems to go back to 2014 and Mourinho talking the tinkle out of him after the Slippy G Liverpool game.
Keane is a caricature of himself now, always looking to be overly critical. Saying that he can be very funny at times

Keane is a caricature of himself now, always looking to be overly critical. Saying that he can be very funny at times

I’m assuming you’re Irish from the username. Looks to me like he’s trying to be the Eamon Dunphy of SKY. He got 40 years punditry out of that schtick. Good fun but very little that’s insightful.

Back