• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Can blame the pitch, but what about England's selection? Picking Broad and Anderson was the wrong decision, and with Archer too? Root said post game England should have got 250 and he knows full well that was achievable.

Whole team was incorrectly called, can blame the pitch but England full of holes that need unpicking too.
England were poor, no doubt. The team selection makes you think Eng really weren’t expecting another turner. Basically 3 front line bowlers became irrelevant.

Can blame the pitch, but what about England's selection? Picking Broad and Anderson was the wrong decision, and with Archer too? Root said post game England should have got 250 and he knows full well that was achievable.

Whole team was incorrectly called, can blame the pitch but England full of holes that need unpicking too.

No lovely pitch I could see that the way the Indian batsmen amassed their total against that demon spinner Root.

not saying the pitch was fantastic, yet India managed to hit 49 without loss in the last session too?

Cricket is a pressure game, remove the pressure it's easy peasy. Not a popular view but 20 over and 100 will starve England of test batsmen as players earn more playing hit and run than learning how to bat in differing conditions.

Silly game.
The pitch was the same for both sides. But it was a stupid move for India, they where at home but the pitch turned it into a lottery.

Pitch ruined the game but having batted first on it the defeat is still comprehensive. It seems if Root doesn’t score we don’t build a decent total and of Sibley doesn’t last no one else has the application to stay out. As @K.D.D.D.D.Soc says the gulf usually seems wider when a side can bat under no pressure and we haven’t put them under any pressure at all into the last two tests.
I know there is method in rotation but maybe winning the first test lulled us into a false sense of security, it’s not often a winning team would change against the same opponents?

I don't think the pitch was as bad as people made out, not great but it's not a 100 all out type pitch at all. Most of the wickets were straight balls, it seems like on a dusty pitch the extra lacquer on the night ball gets it to skid on and the extra shine on it makes it harder to pick the arm ball.

Terrible spin playing, I've always though the best way to play spin either when it's turning a lot or when you don't trust the pitch is to move your feet and get to the pitch but I didn't see anyone moving their feet.

glad Root's come out and said the facts, team selection was wrong.

England chose 3 fast bowlers, India chose 3 spinners.
Root said the fans inside the stadium "had been robbed" but stopped short of saying the surface was unfit for Test cricket.

"Let's not hide away from the fact we've been outplayed again - we have to accept that," Root said.

"It's a real shame because it's a fantastic stadium, there's 60,000 people come to watch a brilliant iconic Test match. I feel for them.

"They've come to watch Virat Kohli face Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad or Jack Leach and watch Ashwin against our top batters. And I almost feel like they've been robbed.

"Instead they've had to watch me get wickets on there, which shouldn't be the case."

think the pitches are getting universally slated outside of India to be fair!

Oh dear just read on BBC site two non Male (women, not sure its PC to call them that) university graduates are complaining it's not right non Male should have to hunt around for cricket teams to play for. My heart bleeds for them, when I left school in the early 60s there was only one team in my area and that was the British rail team, I had to travel out to Mill Hill to find a club, but I was only a sec mod working class yob so it didnt matter to the BBC.

Why is the ground empty, It was almost half full last week I thought?

come on Lawrence, I’m a big fan, hopefully he gets a half here to settle in to the team again?

Last edited:
Back