• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who wants a takeover??

If it did happen at Spurs I’d go with it of course.

It’s professional sport, the point is to win.

All this “more than a club” stuff that other organisations push is flimflam.

I completely understand the temptation of getting a brick ton of cash, and money no longer being a factor, but i would prefer it if we aimed to do it sustainably. As others have said, i think the infrastructure is in place, just need the final push/shift in mindset amongst the club, from top to bottom.

I would also caution that the number of rich owners who have come in and been successful is quite low. Chelski, bricky are the obvious successes (and may be correlated to having the the most wealthy owners/amount invested), but Birmingham City, Villa, WBA, Blackburn, Sheff Wed to name a few have hardly ripped it up following a cash injection - admittedly the level of their owners wealth is probably a couple of levels down from Abramovich, City and Bezos, but i don't think cash guarantees success. Everton with their new found wealth are investing for the long term from what i can see, and not just tinkling it away on players like Chelsea first time round (and still do)
Villa, Leeds, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Brighton, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Everton, Leicester.... All made big strides after reasonably recent cash injections.

We just need to wait for the crypto to keep making gains and then @Danishfurniturelover will take us over. The stadium will be renamed the custard bowl and the cheese room will be replaced with a very special facility to help corporates relieve their executive stress.

Takeover by a money person is a no for me - most of them are actually a disaster
Takeover by @Danishfurniturelover - where do I sign up?!

The big problem is the money our owners would want for the club I think.

Somebody with a big chequebook that wants to buy success might as well save a billion quid on the purchase price and buy a club like Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Of course the fans don't care - they're as plastic as the clubs they support.

A lot of them are yes. But a sizeable section of their fanbase more than likely stuck by them in league 1 whilst their biggest rivals where winning everything in sight. Regardless of what we think of them, Do you think sheikh mansour had been bad for their club?

Saudi Arabian Global Wealth Fund: ‘How much to buy Saudi Sportswashing Machine Mr Ashley?’
Ashley: ‘£400 million
Saudi Arabian Global Wealth Fund: ‘How much to buy Tottenham Mr Lewis?’
Lewis: ‘£2 billion’
Saudi Arabian Global Wealth Fund: *Sets aside £400m for their PL team purchase*

A lot of them are yes. But a sizeable section of their fanbase more than likely stuck by them in league 1 whilst their biggest rivals where winning everything in sight. Regardless of what we think of them, Do you think sheikh mansour had been bad for their club?
There were very few of them turning up to watch their team from what I remember.

Even if a fan were ok with them throwing limitless, unearned cash at the club, it's something else being ok with their Donald Trump, "My lawyers are more expensive than yours" approach to being allowed to spend it.

Would you enjoy football if Spurs were allowed to just pick the ball up and carry it?

Saudi Arabian Global Wealth Fund: ‘How much to buy Saudi Sportswashing Machine Mr Ashley?’
Ashley: ‘£400 million
Saudi Arabian Global Wealth Fund: ‘How much to buy Tottenham Mr Lewis?’
Lewis: ‘£2 billion’
Saudi Arabian Global Wealth Fund: *Sets aside £400m for their PL team purchase*
Yet still don’t buy the club...

Henry winter is a c...t

This.

No thanks.

And this.

Not for me at all, been going to see Spurs since the early 60"s many of them as a S/T holder. They have been a big part of my life and still are. However what i will say is for a few years now i have been getting disillusioned with the game ( and one i have worked in for many years). There are many things that i dislike about the way it has gone but IF we were to appoint the same set up that City, Chelski and others have done i honestly think that would be the end for me.

This.

And this.

Not for me at all, been going to see Spurs since the early 60"s many of them as a S/T holder. They have been a big part of my life and still are. However what i will say is for a few years now i have been getting disillusioned with the game ( and one i have worked in for many years). There are many things that i dislike about the way it has gone but IF we were to appoint the same set up that City, Chelski and others have done i honestly think that would be the end for me.
Ok, so it has its upsides then.

Back