• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

No, it is a great discussion point. I think it is as much a result of his ego and pragmatism (which is fair enough - he is who he is).But he has been forced into a corner and can surely see this is the only way out.

Not really disagreeing with you mate, but maybe one or two of our players have been forced into a corner and now giving what he wanted from them.

To me, this is how Jose has almost always been. Been following him for a while. There is a reason why a number of his former players love the guy. They know he is genuine.

He has mellowed as he has grown older. He still likes managing players, enjoys intelligent players, likes to figure out how to win trophies, wants the best for his players and his staff (look at how many of his assistants or coaches are club managers) etc

There is an interview of Jose by Andy Gray. I suggest watching it. It is very informative on the man as a human being and as a manager. There are a number of media houses who are looking for any opportunity to destroy the guy's image - I still don't get why.

That is a very good point, if you watch Jose and opposing players he knows before games they always look like they are glad to see him same with opposing managers. The number of ex players who have said, written in papers that he is a great bloke are many. Does not add up to what some say about him being disliked that some fans are always trying to push.

I think everything points to Jose wanting to sell Dele to generate some funds to buy a semi passable centre back or two and, as such, was doing all he could to try to force him out. Nothing wrong with that really.... He knows we are desperately weak at the centre of defence and knows we have a lot of attacking options so sacrificing the highest value attacking option that isn't Kane or Son to sort out our defence makes sense in many ways.

After the chairman refused to allow him to move on and with a 40% of the season to play the manager will now reintegrate the player as he is a very good player and it would be stupid not to do.

There is of course the question of whether the chairman should choose not to carry out the manager's wishes in terms of player outgoings but that is a another discussion altogether I think.

Last edited:
That is a very good point, if you watch Jose and opposing players he knows before games they always look like they are glad to see him same with opposing managers. The number of ex players who have said, written in papers that he is a great bloke are many. Does not add up to what some say about him being disliked that I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you are always trying to push.
There are some that hate him
And some that like him
Like every manager
I’d fully expect that and it makes sense surely.
I have some crap ex bosses and some good ones IMO - they probably think the same as me

I think everything points to Jose wanting to sell Dele to generate some funds to buy a semi passable centre back or two and, as such, was doing all he could to try to force him out.

After the chairman refused to allow him to move on and with a 40% of the season to play the manager will now reintegrate the player as he is a very good player and it would be stupid not to do.

There is of course the question of whether the chairman should choose not to carry out the manager's wishes in terms of player outgoings but that is a another discussion altogether I think.
Or selling a player around a Time that it became clear the player had some health issues, and we couldn’t or didn’t want to sell him
Now he is healthy he is playing like “good dele“ to use Jose’s description

There are some that hate him
And some that like him
Like every manager
I’d fully expect that and it makes sense surely.
I have some crap ex bosses and some good ones IMO - they probably think the same as me

I do not disagree with some hating him ( they are generally those that do not play under him) It like that gonad*s piece in the papers about dressing room unrest, sure as brick the players who/if are bitching about it are those who are not being picked to play. And that is the same at every club.

I think everything points to Jose wanting to sell Dele to generate some funds to buy a semi passable centre back or two and, as such, was doing all he could to try to force him out. Nothing wrong with that really.... He knows we are desperately weak at the centre of defence and knows we have a lot of attacking options so sacrificing the highest value attacking option that isn't Kane or Son to sort out our defence makes sense in many ways.

I can't believe that's all there is to it - there must be something that went wrong between Dele and Jose in the first half of the season. I say that because Dele was always starting under Jose last season, there were no real rumours of him leaving the summer, and he started the first game of this season. Then for some reason Jose subbed him at HT, and hasn't started him again in the PL since.

Personally I suspect that Dele didn't react well to being subbed at HT on the opening day, and/or to his subsequent limited gametime (in attitude and/or performance), and by January Mourinho was tinkled off that Dele hadn't reacted in a positive way. (At that point I can believe that he wanted to sell him, including to generate funds for a centre back).

Let's hope the window closing, and Dele's recent gametime and good EL performances, are the start of him playing more first team football and getting back towards his best.

I can't believe that's all there is to it - there must be something that went wrong between Dele and Jose in the first half of the season. I say that because Dele was always starting under Jose last season, there were no real rumours of him leaving the summer, and he started the first game of this season. Then for some reason Jose subbed him at HT, and hasn't started him again in the PL since.

Personally I suspect that Dele didn't react well to being subbed at HT on the opening day, and/or to his subsequent limited gametime (in attitude and/or performance), and by January Mourinho was tinkled off that Dele hadn't reacted in a positive way. (At that point I can believe that he wanted to sell him, including to generate funds for a centre back).

Let's hope the window closing, and Dele's recent gametime and good EL performances, are the start of him playing more first team football and getting back towards his best.

Seems more likely that is excately what happened.

Jose split the fanbase at Man U massively and can see the same here now. he's built his schtick as a results man, the football may be bland but it gets results. currently we've got bland football and no results.

We've got some of the best attacking players in the League and have been outscored by all of the Top 6 as if that's by accident not design. I'd love for him to turn it around but the constant backing of him is bewildering, he has Kane, Son, Moura, Bale, Bergwijn, Ndombele. We shouldn't have scored the same amount as Aston Villa no matter which way you cut it. That's on him to own, no one else.

Well it seems as though Dele has been having real personal struggles of his own doing (see Bedfords posts) which would coincide with all of this. I would hazard a guess that Dele has lost focus somewhere along the line with off the pitch related matters, and he has had to show that he is over these issues and work even harder to get back in the fold. We all love to talk as if we know what’s going on, when the reality is we know very little - we only ever see a very small picture and are left to create our own assumptions....

Behave yourself this fourm has no place for rationale or middle ground.

That's why I mentioned I keep saying the same things. I'm hoping it will create a bond with a few other posters!

But if it helps me finding my place, I can always wish he caught Covid (or is it THE Covid?). When I was a kid, you wished people KJD...

Well it seems as though Dele has been having real personal struggles of his own doing (see Bedfords posts) which would coincide with all of this. I would hazard a guess that Dele has lost focus somewhere along the line with off the pitch related matters, and he has had to show that he is over these issues and work even harder to get back in the fold. We all love to talk as if we know what’s going on, when the reality is we know very little - we only ever see a very small picture and are left to create our own assumptions....

Never a truer word spoken! It's amazing how we're all so certain in our opinions when we all have access to 0.1% of the relevant info :D

I disagree massively with the part about subsequent attitude and performances from Dele. It is clear that Dele was only being selected for the 'punishment games' (Europa and lower league cannon fodder in the Cups). Dele put in good performances in quite a few of those punishment games, yet still found himself out of the first team. I took that as the manager showing the player that he didn't want him and he wasn't going to be in the first team picture no matter what. Other players seemed to get repeated chances to fail, whereas Dele wasn't getting a chance to stake his claim. Typically that happens when you're trying to force a player out.

I disagree massively with the part about subsequent attitude and performances from Dele. It is clear that Dele was only being selected for the 'punishment games' (Europa and lower league cannon fodder in the Cups). Dele put in good performances in quite a few of those punishment games, yet still found himself out of the first team. I took that as the manager showing the player that he didn't want him and he wasn't going to be in the first team picture no matter what. Other players seemed to get repeated chances to fail, whereas Dele wasn't getting a chance to stake his claim. Typically that happens when you're trying to force a player out.

I totally agree with almost all of that. (I guess I should have been clearer that I think Jose saw something in his attitude and/or performances that he didn't like. Because I agree it seems to me that Dele wasn't getting as much gametime as his performances deserved).

I don't see why Jose would suddenly want to force him out for some CB money right at the beginning of the season though, rather than doing that over the summer or waiting until January? Unless something happened at the beginning of the season (Jose not liking Dele's response to being dropped, or the rumours about Dele's off the field issues - which personally I'll just choose to ignore unless there's good evidence).

the sleeping pill thing is scarily common for players in told (my mate runs a drug councilling clinic)
England players too them when their game got moved once
Gazza had a drinking game where him and Merson used to take 1 an hour whilst drinking and every time theh had to leave money on the table... the last one awake took the money
These are still young, arguably sheltered guys and they have a lot of unique influences

He likes a pullover.

Fully paid up member of the Layby Party

Got a couple of mates who were OB in Bedfordshire in the 80s and he used to take women he’d picked up in the Crawley Rd area in Luton to the railway station car park
They were West Ham fans so I got tremendous stick although his managerial record in that era was good
3rd in table
FA Cup finalists
League Cup semi final
And of course Clive Allen’s 49 goals

the sleeping pill thing is scarily common for players in told (my mate runs a drug councilling clinic)
England players too them when their game got moved once
Gazza had a drinking game where him and Merson used to take 1 an hour whilst drinking and every time theh had to leave money on the table... the last one awake took the money
These are still young, arguably sheltered guys and they have a lot of unique influences
And there is lots of Red Bull (and other highly caffeinated bevies) getting necked by da playas.

Back