• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

Kane usually gets an injury and I don't think Son is as effective when he plays up top, better running in from the channels. I might be wrong but I think it's probably a couple of seasons to early for Scarlett and Parrott to be the first choice back up and playing in the early cup games - they've barely played any 1st team football really.

Pls see my post above re CB options and priorities for cash. We'll have some tough calls to make this summer (GK/CBs - priority? what cash is left....so Vinicius, or short-term fix etc as CF?)

Last edited:
My point about CBs was in your response to signing Vinicius. If we're short of cash this summer, I'd rather we sort out our CB problems and then have to accept getting a Llorente type solution at CF, as opposed to short-changing the CB signing(s) and ending up with another Sanchez
Fair enough, and I'm usually a "defence first" kind of guy so I absolutely respect that opinion.

I just think that we've got a rare opportunity with Vinicius. Strikers are rarer, riskier, and much more expensive than CBs -- especially one that'd come in knowing he'd be behind Kane and Son in the pecking order -- and we've got the chance to sign one who we know will do the job. Sanchez notwithstanding, we should be able to pick up a decent CB for under £20M. A Rodon or a Naybet rather than a Van Dijk or a Dias.

And you might be right that we could get two CBs for £50m. I just think that offloading the unwanted players will be hard in those circumstances....and that will have implications for what we do with our CF options
Which is why I want to us to sign 2 CBs first up, before we do any other business. Use all the funds we have to address our absolute glaring weakness and any business after that is a bonus. Lots of good CBs with a year or less left on their contracts this summer as I listed on page 6 (I think) of the transfer thread.

Fair enough, and I'm usually a "defence first" kind of guy so I absolutely respect that opinion.

I just think that we've got a rare opportunity with Vinicius. Strikers are rarer, riskier, and much more expensive than CBs -- especially one that'd come in knowing he'd be behind Kane and Son in the pecking order -- and we've got the chance to sign one who we know will do the job. Sanchez notwithstanding, we should be able to pick up a decent CB for under £20M. A Rodon or a Naybet rather than a Van Dijk or a Dias.
Seeing as Rodon isn't getting in the team despite us only having Laurel and Hardy to play there instead. I don't think we can buy another player like that at all..... Re: a Naybet type, Boateng is on a bosman from Bayern this summer. Wages would be very high and I'm not sure he'd step down to us either. Another freebie option is Schar from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Taking one of those would mean we could spend the £25m or so on Tarkowski or Elvedi or Ginter or any of those quality players who are multiple steps up from our current options.

It’s a shame after suffering so many years without a Kane backup we finally find one and now might lose him next season.

I would try and do a deal to extend his loan for another year. Maybe sweeten the deal a slightly bigger loan fee.

Problem though is that he’s proven he can score goals in limited mins/games, so someone might actually be willing to pay actual money for him

My worry with Etete is his size.... I mean that because he was very big and strong, very young, and often those players do not develop as much skill and anticipation as they can just blow the opposition away by their size until they get to about 17, 18.

I've not seen any academy football for along time, Etete is a big ole lump and when I last saw him he didnt move well but I've seen young players can change very quickly when they come to terms with their body.

Great to see he's signed, obviously tons of ability but also seems to have a lot of determination and strength for a 17 year old.

Good luck Dane!

I really hope that Scarlett is making the most of this pre season, if he can make an impression on Nuno you'd imagine there could be a fair bit of football for him with our involvement in the conference league.

It could depend on what kind of attacking incomings / outgoings we have in the market but Jose stated he'd be permanently with the first team this season, ideally nothing has changed with that plan. The stats look promising from his youth team appearances and you don't get those numbers without having a natural finishing ability, there's always the worry of getting carried away on the hype train and admittedly I haven't seen much of him at all bar his first team appearances. IIRC he managed to lay one on for Vinicius which is a great indicator that he wasn't overwhelmed by the occasion.

One to watch for pre season friendlies, especially as there's no benefit to rushing Kane back without a well deserved rest.

Back