• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Yep, why I started with "paper dross", the headline itself is fudging clickbait, like someone is actively whoring out JN

Its sad because we all know there will be some who will use the headline to have a bash at Levy, the Club or even Jose on what is nothing more then as you say clickbait.

There was a bit on BBC (I think) about how he'd reinvented them this year, gone 3-4-3/3-5-2 and started banging the goals in. Then after the Chelsea game it sounded like he'd done the usual flat back 9.

Here's the fluff:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56154118

Strangely seems to have gone for a Burton from the European football pages shortly after full-time.
I don't actually watch any Spanish football but from what I have read before Simeone has them playing good attacking stuff in general and play the boring, defensive game only when they're up against what he feels is a bigger, better team. I have no idea if that is true though.

What do you want him to come out with? I wanted Skirinar and Diaz but got in Rodon instead and he is not what i wanted? Surely even with blinkers on can see what he wanted and what he got. If you want to go back he was actually happy that we signed Reguilon and Doherty when he made those comments and were in for the above two mentioned.

Almost on par with wanting Mane & Wijnaldum but ending up with Nkoudou & Sissoko.

Never mind next manager, it is our recruitment process that needs a complete overhaul. Mourinho had identified and called out for a dominant centre half in both the summer and January windows. What dis Steve Hitchens and the team deliver? A raw centre half who may or may not be one for the future ( wobbly chin and all) but obviously isn't the solution to our immediate needs.

Sack Hitchens and restructure our entire recruitment ( and disposal) process. Look at who Leicester gave " lost" for big money transfers in recent seasons - Kante, Maguire, Chillwell, Drinkwater, Mahrez (of the top of my head) and their recruitment has been so successful that these players have been replaced and Leicester have powered on. Us on the other hand............

Hitchens Out.
I agree with the last seasons under Pochettino. So far under Mourinho the signings have been quite good and good value for money overall imo.

Mourinho wanted a CB, but he sure as hell also wanted a new DM, two new full backs, a backup striker... Getting all that done in one summer with limited funds is a very high bar.

Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a coincidence that CB was left as the last position to strengthen. Yes we needed one, but we needed new players in the other positions even more.

I agree with the last seasons under Pochettino. So far under Mourinho the signings have been quite good and good value for money overall imo.

Mourinho wanted a CB, but he sure as hell also wanted a new DM, two new full backs, a backup striker... Getting all that done in one summer with limited funds is a very high bar.

Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a coincidence that CB was left as the last position to strengthen. Yes we needed one, but we needed new players in the other positions even more.
TBF there are still fans who think our CBS are decent and it’s the manager that’s made them so poor
Listening to the athletic podcast earlier their quoting what happened after he got sacked at United and Chelsea for reference as both clubs went on good unbeaten runs... of course forgetting that they had quality defenders there already (in the case of Chelsea as the same players won the league again next season) and the United run dropped weirdly once ole had the job permanently.

Almost on par with wanting Mane & Wijnaldum but ending up with Nkoudou & Sissoko.
Not sure about that comparison, both of those players were in budget, at least for certain Wijnaldum was as we signed Sissoko as the alternative. In this instance we signed Rodon who was a fraction of the cost of the two defenders Mourinho reportedly wanted instead.

Although maybe there was more to play with but not quite enough, be interesting to see what we do this summer.

Not sure about that comparison, both of those players were in budget, at least for certain Wijnaldum was as we signed Sissoko as the alternative. In this instance we signed Rodon who was a fraction of the cost of the two defenders Mourinho reportedly wanted instead.

Although maybe there was more to play with but not quite enough, be interesting to see what we do this summer.

As always I think with Spurs we can afford to take a gamble without mortgaging the whole house to get medals and titles across the line instead of cheaping out whenever we have been so close to great things.

You put Gino and Mane into Poch's team, I can almost guarantee that we would have had some trophies under our belt and Poch as our manager.

You put Diaz and Skirinar in this team and all of a sudden we look like a serious team. However, the case for both financially may not be feasible in today's financial climate. It's just a point of saying that Mourinho and Poch both identified players that they needed to succeed or in areas that require vast improvement, but Levy didn't back the course.

He did the same with Harry when we were rockin, Get Tevez, and Cahil in, both interested and deals on the table ... Nah mate you are ok to have Saha and Nelson.

Its chronic and criminal how Levy gets things so wrong in the market. Like i said it doesnt mater who comes in to manage the team the manager will never be backed properly in the market. Even getting plan B in place I would have thought would have been a decent effort, but i suspect Levy goes with deals and make shifts. Its not working, it never has.

People talk about Leicesters recruitment, even if we got their scout / DOF/ Manager in and wanted a cheapo quality player, Levy would be looking at cheaper options still.

He pulls the rabbit out of the hat once in a while ill give him that but its far and few between in my opionion.

As always I think with Spurs we can afford to take a gamble without mortgaging the whole house to get medals and titles across the line instead of cheaping out whenever we have been so close to great things.

You put Gino and Mane into Poch's team, I can almost guarantee that we would have had some trophies under our belt and Poch as our manager.

You put Diaz and Skirinar in this team and all of a sudden we look like a serious team. However, the case for both financially may not be feasible in today's financial climate. It's just a point of saying that Mourinho and Poch both identified players that they needed to succeed or in areas that require vast improvement, but Levy didn't back the course.

He did the same with Harry when we were rockin, Get Tevez, and Cahil in, both interested and deals on the table ... Nah mate you are ok to have Saha and Nelson.

Its chronic and criminal how Levy gets things so wrong in the market. Like i said it doesnt mater who comes in to manage the team the manager will never be backed properly in the market. Even getting plan B in place I would have thought would have been a decent effort, but i suspect Levy goes with deals and make shifts. Its not working, it never has.

People talk about Leicesters recruitment, even if we got their scout / DOF/ Manager in and wanted a cheapo quality player, Levy would be looking at cheaper options still.

He pulls the rabbit out of the hat once in a while ill give him that but its far and few between in my opionion.
Not if we operate the right model. The DoF is given the transfer and wage budget and operates within that. No need for Levy to get involved at all. The DoF and coaching team decide the positions to strengthen and operate within that transfer fund and wage budget set by the chairman.

Not if we operate the right model. The DoF is given the transfer and wage budget and operates within that. No need for Levy to get involved at all. The DoF and coaching team decide the positions to strengthen and operate within that transfer fund and wage budget set by the chairman.

You would assume that it would work, but it clearly doesnt. I understand budgets etc and we are oh so frugal with the budgets set, but we consistently underspend vs turnover compared to pretty much any team that has serious ambitions. I am not saying break the bank but at times we should think outside of the box instead of always going for plan D and below. Why spend money on managers on high wages that have ambitions and pretend that we are trying to compete when we are shopping like we are an elite championship club. The season ticket prices currently are extortionate for the reinvestment the chairman offers on the pitch.

I understand that we shouldnt just throw money at players but at times we should have gone for it or applied a looser structure in trying to secure the players that the manager wants. Its like wanting a PS5 for xmas and ending up with a ZX Spectrum.

You would assume that it would work, but it clearly doesnt. I understand budgets etc and we are oh so frugal with the budgets set, but we consistently underspend vs turnover compared to pretty much any team that has serious ambitions. I am not saying break the bank but at times we should think outside of the box instead of always going for plan D and below. Why spend money on managers on high wages that have ambitions and pretend that we are trying to compete when we are shopping like we are an elite championship club. The season ticket prices currently are extortionate for the reinvestment the chairman offers on the pitch.

I understand that we shouldnt just throw money at players but at times we should have gone for it or applied a looser structure in trying to secure the players that the manager wants. Its like wanting a PS5 for xmas and ending up with a ZX Spectrum.
We're not operating that model so we don't know whether it would or wouldn't work.

we're the 4th highest spenders ( 162m net) in the league since moving in to the stadium behind Villa (226m) United (189m) and Cty (185m) - for once i don't think you can point the finger at not having the funding
That’s the key metric
People talk so much about the past but forget the investment in the ground
Everything about ££ should be judged post ground now

we're the 4th highest spenders ( 162m net) in the league since moving in to the stadium behind Villa (226m) United (189m) and Cty (185m) - for once i don't think you can point the finger at not having the funding

This.

That’s the key metric

And this.

That’s the key metric
Which is great. All the more need to get a DoF in to help spend that money wisely and have a football based opinion on when is the right time to haggle and when it's right to just do the deal.

Just the little, bald man that needs to be persuaded then.... Though he might be worried that if he completely removes transfers from his remit then we'll start to question his £3 million a year salary. ;)

Has Levy ever kicked your cat, you are getting as bad a Dubai ( nearly);)

Back